Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!  (Read 67313 times)

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Re: Comodo Internet Security 8.2.0.4674 (with Win10 Support) is released!!
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 05:19:20 PM »
Staff are not available weekends, so you will not receive any word from them until Monday. (They have a personal life outside of Comodo, btw).
I myself never uninstalled CIS when I upgraded to Win10.  I experienced no issues, and never experienced any issues upgrading CIS when the update became available.
My system was Win7 Pro x64.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline MBBM

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 05:36:46 PM »
I keep getting errors from Viruscope in Windows Event log:
Too long process chain: pid=3020 m_dwParentPid == 628
Any idea?
I have Windows 10 Pro, the last CIS with Viruscope enable and set on "check only apps in sandbox"

Same problem for me with my Win10 pro 64bit. The same event error every 10-15 sec.with eventID nr.1

Offline Nastrahl

• Comodo Member
  • devil_created.
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2015, 12:09:27 PM »
If one installs Comodo FW then Comodo should disable Windows FW.

And I dont think Comodo disabled Windows Defender on your system. I read that if Windows 10 detects third party AV presence on the system then Windows 10 disables Windows Defender. So it seems Windows 10 detected Comodo AV & disabled Windows Defender.

I don't know about Windows 10 since I have not tested yet, but in Windows 8/8.1 disabling the Windows Firewall service also prevent you to connect to the Windows Store even if you have a third party one installed.

Plus, a third party program shall not touch to you actual (security) settings. As you said it has to be detected by Windows first and it does the things, but it seems not implimented yet for the firewall.
Il faut se persuader du bouc émissaire, ce lieu sentimental ingurgitant excessivement n'importe quelle inconvenance laissant libre le Malin d'ailleurs y jouer ses tours.

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
I've connected to the Windows store in Windows 10, and I do NOT use Windows Firewall, only CIS
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline hjlbx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »
I don't know about Windows 10 since I have not tested yet, but in Windows 8/8.1 disabling the Windows Firewall service also prevent you to connect to the Windows Store even if you have a third party one installed.

Plus, a third party program shall not touch to you actual (security) settings. As you said it has to be detected by Windows first and it does the things, but it seems not implimented yet for the firewall.

Perhaps the OP is talking about disabling MpsSvc (Windows Firewall Service) under Service  - which keeps running, even when Windows Firewall is turned off in Windows Security\Action Center ??

Turning off Windows Firewall does not disable mpssvc.dll.  It continues to run in the background.

Turning off Windows Firewall in Action Center or the Control Panel only disables primary network filtering and notifications in Action Center and the tray.

When a 3rd party firewall is installed, primary network filtering is passed to it.

Any how, there are long, long, long-standing race conditions in Windows Security Center\Action Center that sometimes cause Windows Firewall to remain on even after a 3rd party firewall is installed.  It can be an intermittent, random or permanent issue and is system specific.  It's no big deal... just turn off Windows Firewall if it happens.

However, if you are suggesting that Windows Firewall needs to be activated while Comodo Firewall is installed for Windows Store access... that is not correct.  I am using W8.1 and I have Windows Firewall turned off and have no trouble accessing the Windows Store via the App.

Offline maxsimuss

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2015, 03:15:29 PM »
Clean install of  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 10240 with all the current updates as well,after install CIS
One thing I noticed is that Search Web and Window does not work from the Task Bar,then reinstall Window 10 Pro without CIS install everything just work fine again,help me please...

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:06:10 PM by maxsimuss »

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 04:11:07 PM »
Comodo continues to work perfectly, great job with this release for Windows 10!   8)

Offline freeforever03

• Comodo Member
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2015, 06:25:40 PM »
Upgraded Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro. The upgrade went smoothly and Comodo Firewall was visable in the tray. Unfortunately it had an X through it and I thought I I was going to have a problem. However, upon rebooting, the firewall activated. Great job guys. Thanks!!!!

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 03:32:14 AM »
Hello Cavct,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. The Search problem might be a bug related to Microsoft, we will be checking this for sure.

Thank you for your support :)

Kind Regards
Buket

:BNC   :-TU 8) :-TU (:CLP)

BuketB,

I am happy to report I have this version FIREWALL ONLY installed on a clean
install of  Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit 10240 with all the current updates as well as the
new SR1. This time it did not Disable Windows Defender so I can finally use it.
So Thank You Comodo for a job well done. One thing I noticed is that Search does not
work from the Start Menu ( I have the Search Bar Hidden) not sure if this is just another bug
from Microsoft or something to do with Comodo Firewall.

One thing you can do is open Settings & just start typing your search request.

I want to give you the details of my Comodo Firewall Set up...

I always have the following Turned OFF (Disabled)...

Auto SandBox,HIPS,Viruscope,Everything in File Ratings including Cloud Lookup,
Web Site Filtering, I  have Widgets Turned Off as well & No Auto Updates.

I have my Firewall set to Custom Ruleset.

There is still just one disappointment for me... You still have a 216mb Download.
Comodo 5.10 after I extracted the 64bit .exe install file was only 38.1 or so in size.
It was also a great installer because you could say Firewall Only & then after install everything
else would be disabled.

Hopefully you can do this with the next Version 9 Release of Comodo Firewall.
I am not one to whine & complain since it is a very good FREE product.
So I would be willing to PAY For a version of Just the Comodo Firewall with everything above
that I had to disable Removed. If you  guys can do this that would be great...Or have Check Boxes
etc. that will have all that stuff disabled after install.

I Disabled the Windows 10 Firewall before Installing Comodo.

After reading all these forum posts I am glad that I am an experienced User,so that
I can actually get some work done & enjoy  the Internet instead of wasting countless
hours trying to get Comodo to work right.

Thank You BuketB I look forward to seeing what Comodo 9 has to offer.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2015, 03:33:48 AM »
Hello,

We had a server issue during the weekend & it is fixed. Now all the download links should work well . Please kindly re-check .

Best Regards
Buket

DL links are broken. They just open page with text "Welcome to nginx!".

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2015, 03:38:06 AM »
Hello yessnooo,

We are always here to support you , anytime you need please drop me a PM in case you had no reply from topic. 

Kind Regards
Buket

This is the prob nowadays with Comodo. Users having probs with this version download/install & no response from Comodo.

And then you will find a Dev graced this thread with his presence & dropped their famous line nowadays for the probs "Guys, we are building new infrastructure, new servers, new team, blah blah blah, BS, etc... then forth things will be smooth, quick, fast, blah blah, BS, etc..."

Many users are disappointed with this behavior of Comodo...just check other good forums & you will see many users stopped using Comodo coz of this behavior.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2015, 06:29:42 AM »
This is the prob nowadays with Comodo. Users having probs with this version download/install & no response from Comodo.

And then you will find a Dev graced this thread with his presence & dropped their famous line nowadays for the probs "Guys, we are building new infrastructure, new servers, new team, blah blah blah, BS, etc... then forth things will be smooth, quick, fast, blah blah, BS, etc..."

Many users are disappointed with this behavior of Comodo...just check other good forums & you will see many users stopped using Comodo coz of this behavior.
Hi yessnooo,
The problem nowadays is some people just do not have any patience.
Sorry I am not interested in content on other Forums, good or bad.
There will always be critics, you will find them regarding any software no matter of the quality.
Please remember this is a community based Forum and any presence from Staff is a privilege.
Now we best get back on topic.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 07:14:16 AM by captainsticks »

Offline maxik

• Comodo Member
« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2015, 09:30:47 AM »
Hi!

BuketB, this might be interesting for devs: http://news.softpedia.com/news/first-vulnerability-found-in-microsoft-edge-affects-other-software-as-well-488913.shtml
It's vulnerability in SMB protocol and affects CIS as well as researchers say.

Offline ache

• Comodo Member
« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2015, 10:32:38 AM »
Local Win10 Pro 64 search from taskbar stops working when this version (Firewall) is installed, loops forever. No any mention in the COMODO logs. All defenses are turned off, pure firewall Safe Mode. It does not work even in Disabled firewall mode. The search does not work even after Firewall uninstallation (before reboot) and starts to work normally after uninstall+reboot only. Which clearly indicates some COMODO drivers incompatibility problem.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:14:14 AM by ache »
IPv6 Sage too (it is easy)

Offline Zee64

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2015, 10:57:22 AM »
Hello,

We had a server issue during the weekend & it is fixed. Now all the download links should work well . Please kindly re-check .

Best Regards
Buket
Link to CIS is still broken.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek