Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 is released!  (Read 43089 times)

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
Re: COMODO Internet Security 8.2.0.4508 is released!
« Reply #300 on: May 28, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »
Actually, isolating programs before they are confirmed safe is a good thing, and has already saved my computer. This should not be changed. Ever!
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline RealNature

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Nothing without God
« Reply #301 on: May 29, 2015, 02:38:23 AM »
Actually, isolating programs before they are confirmed safe is a good thing, and has already saved my computer. This should not be changed. Ever!
Same here. The Default Deny behavior is the key close to 100%(I know a pure 100% doesn't exist, but still) :-TU

Offline RealNature

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Nothing without God
« Reply #302 on: May 29, 2015, 02:46:05 AM »
I'm not very happy with this version of CIS, the protection is there, which I like, but there is just too many issues surrounding the use of the program. I find too often CIS isolates programs without an alert or log entry or just isolates programs just before confirming that they are safe (most frustrating problem).
Well indeed we need something to be done in this direction, comodo does block stuff without any log or any prompt. I have to run a Rating Scan, and manually add stuff to hips/auto-sandbox/trusted files list, in order to have an older game running/ or CATIA V5. Since I started to understand more and more the layers of CIS, I know now I have to add something to exclusions if I have something that fail to start.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #303 on: May 29, 2015, 03:02:21 AM »
Hi RealNature,

Thank you very much for your precious feedbacks. In regard to your statement below, it would be highly appreciated if you could fill in a form and share your ideas on wishlist part about how these have-to exclusions could be default rules. I would be happy to make a brainstorming with you on that. Send me pm about them anytime.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
Buket
Well indeed we need something to be done in this direction, comodo does block stuff without any log or any prompt. I have to run a Rating Scan, and manually add stuff to hips/auto-sandbox/trusted files list, in order to have an older game running/ or CATIA V5. Since I started to understand more and more the layers of CIS, I know now I have to add something to exclusions if I have something that fail to start.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #304 on: May 31, 2015, 09:04:54 PM »
does anyone know if CIS has implemented ELAM yet? https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/hh848061%28v=vs.85%29.aspx in the windows 8 versions?
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline SD Ahmad

• Comodo's Hero
    • http://orient-news.net/en
« Reply #305 on: June 01, 2015, 03:38:51 AM »
Is the new version will be available today?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 03:40:26 AM by SD Ahmad »

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #306 on: June 01, 2015, 06:03:10 AM »
[at]SD Ahmad
Don't ask dates.
It will be ready when it is ready.
That is all.
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline SD Ahmad

• Comodo's Hero
    • http://orient-news.net/en
« Reply #307 on: June 01, 2015, 08:47:07 AM »
[at]SD Ahmad
Don't ask dates.
It will be ready when it is ready.
That is all.

Yes sir  :P0l

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #308 on: June 02, 2015, 01:00:18 PM »
Why the freaking hell is CIS 8.2 sandboxing unknown apps without a SINGLE warning!? I open this app, thinking oh great, it's whitelisted, just to realize it's sandboxed because it has green edge around. I don't get it. How can it sandbox things without ANY popups!? All settings regarding notifications and sandbox are set to default.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2015, 05:09:37 AM »
Why the freaking hell is CIS 8.2 sandboxing unknown apps without a SINGLE warning!? I open this app, thinking oh great, it's whitelisted, just to realize it's sandboxed because it has green edge around. I don't get it. How can it sandbox things without ANY popups!? All settings regarding notifications and sandbox are set to default.
If you checked   "General Settings" - "User Interface" - "Show notification messages"   then popup must appear. I never had any problems here.

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2015, 06:19:52 AM »
As I've said, ALL the settings regarding notifications are set to default, meaning notifications are enabled...

Offline A B

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #311 on: June 08, 2015, 01:22:44 PM »
Version 8.2.0.4591 released. Was asking to download during update. But will wait till first page is updated with CRC values

Thanks Comodo Team

Regards
AB

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek