Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!  (Read 26313 times)

Offline Victor Popescu

• Comodo's Hero
  • Say Hello To My Little Comodo !!!
Re: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!
« Reply #90 on: April 03, 2014, 10:13:01 AM »
Updated it a while ago through the program updater, went smooth, restarted and so far no issues here. Thank you guys for all your work that keeps us safe.

Malware free since I've started using CIS in 2009.
"It's all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed
All in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need
I lust for after no disaster can touch, touch us anymore
And more than ever, I hope to never fall, where ENOUGH is not the same it was before"... by Poets Of The Fall.

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #91 on: April 03, 2014, 10:32:16 AM »
I too see 3 of these files but only when I can't start the browser ( FF portable ) in Sandbox. :-\
Can do it it is connected with these files?
And they remain in Sandbox.
Screenshot.
Screenhot IE
With IE 4 files - start from a widget. IE works normally.
Edit: dllhost.exe    after a while - vanishes.
I reported 2 svchost.exe files in the Sandbox as jenny66, though mine have different PID numbers. When I inspect these with SvcHostViewer they do not show an associated service, as if they were "empty", and when I open Windows Task Manager (W7HPx64) these PIDs do not even show-up under Services at all.

I see now that, yes, these two PIDs are subordinate to cmdvirth.exe, but I can't tell what the heck they are. They are both Microsoft Corporation, Fully Virtualized, Trusted, with one user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and the other NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.

It occurs to me as I type this to simply reboot the computer and see if they disappear and I will try that now.

UPDATE: After a reboot they disappeared and on a hunch I clicked the icon for "Run IE in the Sandbox" and sure enough, after exiting IE11 this time there are 4 items left running in the Sandbox. So I dunno if it's an IE11 issue or CIS or what, but now that I know what has caused it I am untroubled by it.

Question: is there no manual way to kill processes running in the Sandbox?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2014, 10:43:31 AM by laserfan »

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #92 on: April 03, 2014, 10:57:05 AM »
I reported 2 svchost.exe files in the Sandbox as jenny66, though mine have different PID numbers. When I inspect these with SvcHostViewer they do not show an associated service, as if they were "empty", and when I open Windows Task Manager (W7HPx64) these PIDs do not even show-up under Services at all.

I see now that, yes, these two PIDs are subordinate to cmdvirth.exe, but I can't tell what the heck they are. They are both Microsoft Corporation, Fully Virtualized, Trusted, with one user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and the other NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE.

It occurs to me as I type this to simply reboot the computer and see if they disappear and I will try that now.

UPDATE: After a reboot they disappeared and on a hunch I clicked the icon for "Run IE in the Sandbox" and sure enough, after exiting IE11 this time there are 4 items left running in the Sandbox. So I dunno if it's an IE11 issue or CIS or what, but now that I know what has caused it I am untroubled by it.

Question: is there no manual way to kill processes running in the Sandbox?

Either use KillSwitch or reset the sandbox.
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline laserfan

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #93 on: April 03, 2014, 12:01:23 PM »
Either use KillSwitch or reset the sandbox.
Found Reset Sandbox in Tasks/Sandbox Tasks.

It worked, thank you!

Offline Rman87

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2014, 02:12:06 PM »
Just downloaded the new version yesterday.  Thanks Comodo!

Offline numb3rs666

• Comodo Member
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
Thanks a lot for your work.

I have updated version 6 not a fresh installation, now I have a problem with my web site running on my PC on IIS web server. The site is not visible if the firewall is running. I need to disable the firewall for enter in my web page. Of course with previous version all was ok and nothing is changed in the comodo configuration.

Please any suggestion?

Thanks

Offline maxik

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2014, 09:49:25 PM »
It does support it, I guess - my system Win81 U1 was working fine even with previous version of CIS7, even with last RC.

As Sanya IV Litvyak asked, will Comodo 7 support Windows 8.1 update 1?

Excellent job Comodo, I had no problem with version 4115 apart from Google Chrome would not work inside the sandbox, now that's fixed so all fine!!!  :)  :-TU

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »
Does anyone else have Privdog keep popping up with the UAC thing?

Offline andrei1997

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:07 AM »
It popped up during the update for me. but hasn't since.

Offline Ishaan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2014, 02:36:07 AM »
It popped up during the update for me. but hasn't since.

Now what he wants to know is, "Have you installed it and if yes, do you get a pop up every reboot by UAC (Considering UAC isn't disabled)"
Mess Up Things In Life, Its How U Learn.

Offline nalacknick

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #100 on: April 04, 2014, 04:40:38 AM »
Does anyone else have Privdog keep popping up with the UAC thing?

Yes it popped up every time privdog wanted to update. I included it in the last version of CIS but deleted it because of that reason. I haven't included it in this latest version...BUT I have had privdog as an extension in my browser for a long time and I dont get any UAC pop ups with that and I assume it is doing the same job as the bundled CIS version?? same or different I don't know but I dont get any UAC pop ups anyway.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:56:53 AM by nalacknick »
Intel Pentium E5800 [at] 3.20GHz
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 [at] 401MHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64,
Comodo Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142 premium, MBAM on Demand,  latest Comodo Chromium Secure

Offline PJK

• Comodo Member
« Reply #101 on: April 04, 2014, 04:51:35 AM »
Am I the only one that is experiencing DPC Latency Issues with the last few versions of Comodo Internet Security? After not seeing any problems for a while, these issues started rearing their ugly head again with the last few 6.x versions and this new 7.0 release.

It starts of as spikes of 8000 microseconds every second measurement in DPC Latency Checker v1.1.0, with the other measurement in the < 1000 microseconds region (see attached image) and then over time those low measurements creep higher and higher until the problem becomes apparent because the audio starts dropping out and video playback starts stuttering. This happens anywhere between 4 to 6 days with reasonable network traffic.

Using LatencyMon shows that the DPC routine having the highest execution time is netbt.sys, which is described as the MBT Transport driver from Microsoft), so I'm guessing that this is connected to networking somehow.

Does anybody else experience these issues and most importantly has a fix for this?

--- update ---

Got contacted by Marina from support. She gave me some tips and things to try. Unfortunately those didn't seem to help with the DPC latency issues. I then started looking at other possible candidates for my problem and started updating other potential causes (F.I. updated VirtualBox to the newest version, since it installs its own passthrough network drivers). This didn't seem to change anything.

I then started to systematically shutdown running apps in my taskbar menu. When I got to AnyDVD and shut that one down, my DPC latency dropped back to the normal levels after a few seconds. I then started it up again and the latency spikes came back again.

I must have installed a newer version of AnyDVD, which has introduced this issue, around the same time as I installed v6.x of CIS.

Since CIS has caused these latency issues in the past (I think it was around version 3.x), I immediatly thought that it was CIS that was causing this behavior. Now I know better.

I want to thank Marina for her quick assistence. Should any of you experience the DPC latency creep, try and stop AnyDVD to see if that also solves this for your systems.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:40:36 PM by PJK »

Offline sandstream

« Reply #102 on: April 04, 2014, 05:34:27 AM »
After updating the firewall yesterday I get "pop-ups" from Comodo. They are shown in the right hand bottom corner and are very annoying!

Will they stop appearing or do I need to change to another firewall?

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #103 on: April 04, 2014, 05:35:57 AM »
Disable Comodo Message Center in Settings.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #104 on: April 04, 2014, 06:01:49 AM »
Am I the only one that is experiencing DPC Latency Issues with the last few versions of Comodo Internet Security? After not seeing any problems for a while, these issues started rearing their ugly head again with the last few 6.x versions and this new 7.0 release.

It starts of as spikes of 8000 microseconds every second measurement in DPC Latency Checker v1.1.0, with the other measurement in the < 1000 microseconds region (see attached image) and then over time those low measurements creep higher and higher until the problem becomes apparent because the audio starts dropping out and video playback starts stuttering. This happens anywhere between 4 to 6 days with reasonable network traffic.

Using LatencyMon shows that the DPC routine having the highest execution time is netbt.sys, which is described as the MBT Transport driver from Microsoft), so I'm guessing that this is connected to networking somehow.

Does anybody else experience these issues and most importantly has a fix for this?

I have no idea what these things mean but perhaps the screenshots can tell you something? Iunno

Edit: If this is an issue you might want to report it as a bug, if it hasn't been reported already.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek