Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!  (Read 26169 times)

Offline Programacansón

Re: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2014, 07:18:29 PM »
I am extremely busy and don't have the time to fill out a detailed bug report. I have already given you the information of what is wrong, but if you don't or can't act on it, that is up to you.

I mean at least the other bug, the notification delay bug, will it be fixed very shortly? I need to get back to my academic work and not waste time with technology anymore. Please, where can I download a previous version of this firewall? I tried http://www.filehorse.com/ but the download is dead.

Thank you.

Offline Suxter

• Comodo Family Member
  • NOT using Comodo Internet Security
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2014, 10:56:31 PM »
I am extremely busy and don't have the time to fill out a detailed bug report. I have already given you the information of what is wrong, but if you don't or can't act on it, that is up to you.

I mean at least the other bug, the notification delay bug, will it be fixed very shortly? I need to get back to my academic work and not waste time with technology anymore. Please, where can I download a previous version of this firewall? I tried http://www.filehorse.com/ but the download is dead.

Thank you.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/
Dexters Brother :D

Offline jhkmaster

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2014, 11:19:08 PM »

Thank you.

http://www.filehorse.com/download-comodo-firewall-32/old-versions/ (32-bit)
http://www.filehorse.com/download-comodo-firewall-64/old-versions/ (64-bit)

For me the links are working.

Choose the version, click download and then when you open the page of the chosen version just click 'Download Now'.

Offline movrshakr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2014, 11:32:55 AM »
"If you have a lot of custom rules set up don't forget to export your configuration."

Well, gee.  Sure nice to read this NOW!!

Can anybody give a good reason why we were not warned to do this during the install process, or, hey, even given an option to 'do it now?"

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:44 AM »
"If you have a lot of custom rules set up don't forget to export your configuration."

Well, gee.  Sure nice to read this NOW!!

Can anybody give a good reason why we were not warned to do this during the install process, or, hey, even given an option to 'do it now?"
Hi movrshakr,
If you installed using the update process, AFAIK your configuration should be included/saved and just need to be activated under configurations in the advanced settings.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:51:07 AM by captainsticks »

Offline movrshakr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2014, 01:07:11 PM »
Hi movrshakr,
If you installed using the update process, AFAIK your configuration should be included/saved and just need to be activated under configurations in the advanced settings.
Are you saying that if we had custom rules, in the new Comodo they are OFF by default?

Aside:  I am running into lots of settings that are not intuitive, e.g.
-adaptive mode
-advanced protection mode
-proactive mode vs. firewall mode

...yet there are no "i" icons or 'See more' for us to understand what these things are or do.  Frankly, I have no idea how I want/need the settings to be set.

Also, I am seeing NO popups--ever.  Does not give me a good feeling that I have my settings right--or that the program is truly screening at the level I used to have.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:16:36 PM by movrshakr »

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2014, 07:49:22 PM »
Are you saying that if we had custom rules, in the new Comodo they are OFF by default?
Hi movrshakr,
This is how it worked in previous versions, I am not totally sure if this is still correct information for the current version.
Unless someone else knows, I will have to run an update to test this.
-adaptive mode

...yet there are no "i" icons or 'See more' for us to understand what these things are or do.  Frankly, I have no idea how I want/need the settings to be set.

Also, I am seeing NO popups--ever.  Does not give me a good feeling that I have my settings right--or that the program is truly screening at the level I used to have.
Moderator Chiron has created a good article on installation and configuration.
How to Install Comodo Firewall-Gizmo's Techsupportalert

Offline movrshakr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2014, 11:38:17 PM »
I followed the setup guide in the previous post, but now a program I use constantly will not run, and there are NO NOTIFICATIONS about it--was never asked to allow or block.

It is coolbarz.exe which is a Windows 7 app that provides a replacement for the removed-from-windows docking toolbar.  I have it to load at startup, but it does not start, nor does double clicking the exe start it.  This is a disaster as the bar of icons is how I do 99% of my work on the computer.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #188 on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:34 AM »
Hi movrshakr,
This is how it worked in previous versions, I am not totally sure if this is still correct information for the current version.
snip
No, not the current upgrade from V6 to V7 you only have three configurations same as a clean install.

All your previous rules are imported into the configuration you will be using which is now active by default.

Slightly different from V5 to V7 you end up with four configurations the one with rules from V5 is marked as such but is also the active configuration.

But as always it is best policy to export your current configuration at at least 6 month intervals into on non Comodo folder and before any upgrades :)

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #189 on: April 15, 2014, 10:26:24 AM »
No, not the current upgrade from V6 to V7 you only have three configurations same as a clean install.

All your previous rules are imported into the configuration you will be using which is now active by default.

Slightly different from V5 to V7 you end up with four configurations the one with rules from V5 is marked as such but is also the active configuration.

But as always it is best policy to export your current configuration at at least 6 month intervals into on non Comodo folder and before any upgrades :)

Dennis
Thanks Dennis,
I kind of recalled there was some different behaviour with V7, but I could not remember what.
Thanks for this information. :-TU

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #190 on: April 15, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »
Thanks Dennis,
I kind of recalled there was some different behaviour with V7, but I could not remember what.
Thanks for this information. :-TU
Your welcome :)

Since they have done a such good job of transferring the rules plus another 100 plus alerts I am likely to stick with the upgrade for sometime.

Re alerts it appears they are protecting another branch of the registry HKUS :)
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2014, 01:30:47 PM »

-adaptive mode

The online Help may be of help for you: http://help.comodo.com/topic-72-1-522-6207-Introduction-to-Comodo-Internet-Security.html . When you look towards the upper right corner you will see an icon with PDF on it. This will let you download the Help as a file.

As described by Dennis2 you need to activate your old configuration under Manage CIS Configurations.

Offline nekomata

« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2014, 08:56:40 PM »
Nice to see Comodo new version, but can I chose not to install the comodo sandbox or completely disable the Kiosk ? I use sandboxie and there is really no need to overlap with comodo, it's really great and works well but I still prefer sandboxie.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:15 PM »
The Virtual Kiosk will only run when manually started or if you change the Behavioral Blocker to automatically sandbox unknown apps as Fully Virtualized. Thus, you shouldn't need to do anything different to use Sandboxie.

Offline Rambaldi

• Comodo Member
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2014, 02:46:22 PM »
I've updated my desktop PC to CIS 7 using the update function of the program, and since then NextgenReader fails to sync with an error message (Error : UAT() - One or more errors occurred.). I can exclude an error on the server side because I can sync from all my other machines (running CIS 6.3 of course). There is no Unrecognized File nor Sandboxed app.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek