Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!  (Read 26164 times)

Offline ad18

• Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Internet Security 7.0.315459.4132 Released!
« Reply #165 on: April 11, 2014, 10:22:40 AM »
Maybe the program installed incorrectly and the digital certificate was not added. Just a guess though. Hope you get it resolved.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #166 on: April 11, 2014, 10:45:26 AM »
Try reinstalling Privdog. You can get the latest version from PrivDog 2.1.0.19 released.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2014, 10:49:20 AM »
A long time ago I started using Comodo Secure DNS. The server numbers I installed from the Comodo site here at that time were 8-26-56-26 primary & 8-20-247-20 as secondary. I had these server numbers set on both my PC as well as in my router.

Yesterday I got a pop up from Comodo CIS telling me that updates were available from CIS v6.3 to CIS v7. After the install I noticed that the DNS server numbers in my PC have been changed to 156-154-70-22 primary & 156-154-71-22 secondary.

My question is, which DNS server numbers are the secure ones and does it matter if the ones installed in my router are different from the ones in my PC as they now are, after the install of Comodo CIS v7?.
Could anybody of Comodo staff comment on the change of the DNS server addresses?

Offline Yaguchi

« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2014, 01:19:12 PM »
Since Comodo updated for me a little over a week ago, when I click on Start + turn off computer there's a pause of 10 seconds, during that time explorer.exe is using a lot of cpu. After 10 seconds the box appears and I can turn off the computer.  The shutdown proceeds as normal except I get a little box saying explorer.exe is still running, with a 30 sec countdown and the option to terminate the process now or wait.  It closes a few seconds later before the countdown has finished, and shuts down as normal.

I'm guessing it's happening because Comodo has it's claws too tightly into explorer.exe.  I looked through Comodo's many settings and it's listed as a trusted file and I also found an entry for it in firewall - application rules but I can't see any restrictions.  Is there anywhere else I should be looking.  Basically I just want Comodo to leave the file alone (or is this not wise?)  The extra 20-30 seconds for shutdown isn't a massive problem but it wasn't doing it before and I'd like to stop it doing it if possible.

Offline Programacansón

New version of Comodo Firewall completely broken and a hazard
« Reply #169 on: April 11, 2014, 01:58:08 PM »
I have been using Comodo Firewall for a long while, but the new update of a few days ago completely broke it.

Alerts indicating programs wish to connect to the internet and asking for permission do not show up, so you cannot use any program that connects to the internet. Sometimes they appear much later, sometimes they don't at all.

Much worse even, the Firewall isn't blocking unauthorized connections!! If I start Utorrent I don't get the authorization pop-up message, but still one or two connections are established and data is downloaded and uploaded, even though Comodo should prevent *any and all* connections until given authorization!!!!!

The new version of the program is a tremendous security risk. It should be fixed right away or it will do irreparable damage to your reputation!

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
Since Comodo updated for me a little over a week ago, when I click on Start + turn off computer there's a pause of 10 seconds, during that time explorer.exe is using a lot of cpu. After 10 seconds the box appears and I can turn off the computer.  The shutdown proceeds as normal except I get a little box saying explorer.exe is still running, with a 30 sec countdown and the option to terminate the process now or wait.  It closes a few seconds later before the countdown has finished, and shuts down as normal.

I'm guessing it's happening because Comodo has it's claws too tightly into explorer.exe.  I looked through Comodo's many settings and it's listed as a trusted file and I also found an entry for it in firewall - application rules but I can't see any restrictions.  Is there anywhere else I should be looking.  Basically I just want Comodo to leave the file alone (or is this not wise?)  The extra 20-30 seconds for shutdown isn't a massive problem but it wasn't doing it before and I'd like to stop it doing it if possible.

Maybe related to this:

http://forums.comodo.com/format-verified-issue-reports-cis/long-shutdown-time-if-either-protected-reg-keys-or-process-execution-m436-t95425.0.html;msg687318#msg687318
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: New version of Comodo Firewall completely broken and a hazard
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2014, 06:21:41 PM »
I have been using Comodo Firewall for a long while, but the new update of a few days ago completely broke it.

Alerts indicating programs wish to connect to the internet and asking for permission do not show up, so you cannot use any program that connects to the internet. Sometimes they appear much later, sometimes they don't at all.

Much worse even, the Firewall isn't blocking unauthorized connections!! If I start Utorrent I don't get the authorization pop-up message, but still one or two connections are established and data is downloaded and uploaded, even though Comodo should prevent *any and all* connections until given authorization!!!!!

The new version of the program is a tremendous security risk. It should be fixed right away or it will do irreparable damage to your reputation!
It sounds like something my have gone wrong with the update. From what version were you updating?

Please try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron.

If you have a lot of custom rules set up don't forget to export your configuration.

I merged your topic with the release topic.

Offline Programacansón

« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2014, 09:54:06 PM »
It sounds like something my have gone wrong with the update. From what version were you updating?

Please try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron.

If you have a lot of custom rules set up don't forget to export your configuration.

I merged your topic with the release topic.

Several others are reporting the alert notification problem on the bug forum, so it is not something specific to me; what none is realizing thus far is that the firewall in effect is not blocking all internet traffic as expected. You should immediately address this as it represents a colossal security hole.

I have Utorrrent not defined on the Custom Ruleset so that every time I launch it I am asked to grant it permission. It has been like this for years without issue. However now, before the alert shows up so that I can authorize it, a big torrent with normally many sources will start uploading and downloading from a small number of peers, when all activity should be blocked!!! After the alert finally shows up (if it does) and I authorize the program to access to the internet, the torrent will connect to the many other sources and resume downloading at full speed.

Like I said, the firewall was thoroughly broken by the latest update. Previously I had the normal version you were supposed to have, don't know the specific number.

Offline christarzan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #173 on: April 12, 2014, 06:20:03 AM »
Several others are reporting the alert notification problem on the bug forum, so it is not something specific to me; what none is realizing thus far is that the firewall in effect is not blocking all internet traffic as expected. You should immediately address this as it represents a colossal security hole.

I have Utorrrent not defined on the Custom Ruleset so that every time I launch it I am asked to grant it permission. It has been like this for years without issue. However now, before the alert shows up so that I can authorize it, a big torrent with normally many sources will start uploading and downloading from a small number of peers, when all activity should be blocked!!! After the alert finally shows up (if it does) and I authorize the program to access to the internet, the torrent will connect to the many other sources and resume downloading at full speed.

Like I said, the firewall was thoroughly broken by the latest update. Previously I had the normal version you were supposed to have, don't know the specific number.

This is true. Usually, I used to get pop up from certain programs, I didn't with this version, I thought Comodo improved their pop up feature and thats why I didn't get them. Today, I got a few pop ups and I was surprised I think this issue is real or perhaps Comodo pings home before displaying a pop up and it wasn't working and it was fixed today?

Offline HaryHr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #174 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:29 AM »
Anyone else having problems with Comodo crashing and freezing system with it? I witnessed problem on 3 different computers now.

It didn't happen with older v7 CIS, started with latest 7.0.53315.4132. Made a bug report.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #175 on: April 12, 2014, 11:01:27 AM »
Anyone else having problems with Comodo crashing and freezing system with it? I witnessed problem on 3 different computers now.

It didn't happen with older v7 CIS, started with latest 7.0.53315.4132. Made a bug report.

On one out of 4 my PC CIS just freezes and doesn't work as it supposed to but OS is OK.

Offline Programacansón

« Reply #176 on: April 12, 2014, 11:03:16 AM »
I can confirm too Comodo is NOT BLOCKING connections even when told not to grant access to the internet to Utorrent. I reported this in another thread which I cannot find any longer, but the moderator was more concerned with the message being "off topic" than such a gigantic security hole in their program. This is related somehow too with the delayed pop-up alerts. Immediate attention should be given to this.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #177 on: April 12, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
I can confirm too Comodo is NOT BLOCKING connections even when told not to grant access to the internet to Utorrent. I reported this in another thread which I cannot find any longer, but the moderator was more concerned with the message being "off topic" than such a gigantic security hole in their program. This is related somehow too with the delayed pop-up alerts. Immediate attention should be given to this.
As I said in the other topic, please create a new post for this here. I am very much concerned with this. However, another users bug report is not the correct place to discuss other problems.

Please create a new topic. If you are not sure how to do that please ask and I can help.

Thanks.

Offline Programacansón

« Reply #178 on: April 12, 2014, 07:01:30 PM »
Is a fix forthcoming within days, or should I go back to a previous version? My computer has been severely crippled by this update.

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2014, 07:06:30 PM »
Is a fix forthcoming within days, or should I go back to a previous version? My computer has been severely crippled by this update.
It can't be fixed if it's not reported.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek