Author Topic: COMODO Internet Security 6.0.264710.2708 Released!  (Read 109210 times)

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
Re: COMODO Internet Security 6.0.264710.2708 Released!
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2013, 06:34:53 AM »
I had selected "Do not automatically download updates but notify me" but this new version was downloaded & installed automatically. And there was not notification about the download & install. When I tried to manually download & install this new version it mentioned reboot required. After reboot it was this new version.

Win XP 32
CFW & D+, Internet Security Config, AV not installed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 06:37:05 AM by naren »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:58 AM »
I had selected "Do not automatically download updates but notify me" but this new version was downloaded & installed automatically. And there was not notification about the download & install. When I tried to manually download & install this new version it mentioned reboot required. After reboot it was this new version.

Win XP 32
CFW & D+, Internet Security Config, AV not installed.
Please report this as a bug in standard format. This should not happen.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2013, 07:20:48 AM »
The short answer is no, I did not reboot after the program update. Do you think I should download the program and re-install it? That ought to help, I think.
As 'M.Richter' said reboot first to try, I imagine this will solve the issue.
Let us know, thanks.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2013, 07:27:38 AM »
Wildcards(* and ?) still can't be added to firewall rules, though they work just fine for HIPS rules. All that needs to be done is to unlock the grayed out path box so users can manually type in whatever they need. This is important because certain programs(for example if you're compiling builds of a network-capable application) will spawn different-named apps that need internet access, and it's annoying to have to allow every single one when you could simply allow the folder where they're contained.
Thanks

Please could you report this as an update to the relevant bug report in the bugs section

Best wishes

Mouse

[Edit: I think the same is true in sandbox exclusions too]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 07:37:02 AM by mouse1 »

Offline Wisdom

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Default-Deny Protection
    • CFI
« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2013, 11:26:24 AM »
Congratulations on the release, Also thanks COMODO for adding Persian language...

Great :-TU
Heuristics: detecting tomorrow’s threats today

Offline gamma03

« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2013, 11:41:22 AM »
More languages certainly is a good idea.

I tried to switch the Comodo interface to "deutsch" (German), but had to realize that the translation is far from complete.  Most terms and menu items are still in English.  The interface is a somewhat funny mixture of German and (mostly) English terms.

Will there be a complete German translation in the future?

Did someone observe a similar problem with other languages?

Thanks.

Offline Jaspion

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Jaspion's Forum
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2013, 12:02:32 PM »
More languages certainly is a good idea.

I tried to switch the Comodo interface to "deutsch" (German), but had to realize that the translation is far from complete.  Most terms and menu items are still in English.  The interface is a somewhat funny mixture of German and (mostly) English terms.

Will there be a complete German translation in the future?

Did someone observe a similar problem with other languages?

Thanks.

You can check here: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-cis-6x-localizations-incl-cceksautoruns-t51090.0.html

This is the thread where translators work. I'm leading the efforts of the Brazilian translation and, although the translation files used in this new version are not the latest I submitted, the program is already very useable in my language, with only very minor details having changed recently. I'm sorry to hear the situation in German is not so good.

Apparently translations will now be updated by the program apart from program updates, so improved translations may come shortly. However, I'm not sure the German translator is actively translating. You may check the thread I mentioned and maybe try to contact him and, if you wish, also help with the translation. It is all voluntary work, and in my case I really wanted my family and friends to have access to this program so when I saw the Brazilian translation work was not in progress I decided to jump in, and ended up helping many thousands of potential users in my country (and perhaps people in other Portuguese-speaking countries as well), so it's a very satisfying effort.

Best of luck!
Jaspion
Jaspion Scripts for MyDefrag
The most powerful HDD defragmenter and optimizer is now even better and easier to use.
Visit our forum: http://jaspion.boards.net

Offline Jesant13

• Comodo Loves me
    • Facebook
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2013, 03:24:14 PM »
Congratulations on the release! I look forward to using version 6.x once my copy of version 5.x lets me know there is an update available.

Offline Viper94

• Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo is my favorite!
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
Thank you!!
Good work Comodo Team  ;D
Windows 10 / 64 Bit

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2013, 04:19:17 PM »
Wondering this as well.

Yes. Web shield problem.

Offline egemen

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2013, 04:21:49 PM »
Thanks very much Egemen

And thanks for listing fixes specifically, and for promptly updating the release notes. Just to check, is this list of fixes complete?

Could you please expand on the following: Improved:  Compatibility between some programs and sandbox/kiosk. It would be good to know what compatibility problems have been fixed for what programs, or at least what the underlying issue or issues were.

I have checked the release notes, but actually they do not give any extra information.

Many thanks in anticipation

Mouse

I will try to do this next time. Right now, i dont have the list easily accessible. Every month there will be these types of incomaptability fixes. Will try to include as many as possible.

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2013, 04:29:29 PM »
Yes. Web shield problem.
Hi egemen,

Is that fix OS specific? there are still users having issues with this, one reports fixed on Win8, but also reports for not fixed on Win7.
https://forums.comodo.com/firewall-help-cis/avast-bypass-t89551.0.html;msg657358#msg657358
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline Neustradamus

• Comodo Member
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2013, 05:37:41 PM »
Who has done french translation?

Offline Jaspion

• Product Translator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Jaspion's Forum
Jaspion Scripts for MyDefrag
The most powerful HDD defragmenter and optimizer is now even better and easier to use.
Visit our forum: http://jaspion.boards.net

Offline ~Daniel~

• I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 06:22:23 PM »
I usually install clean each release, but thought I'd give the auto-updater a whirl.  Updated my Win8 x64 Pro PC without issue.  Rebooted, it updated the AV db, and all is well.
 :love:

Edit: Same joy with the other 3 computers... another win8 x64 Pro and two win7 x64 Pro

Keep up to good work COMODO!
 :110:
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 08:07:53 PM by ~Daniel~ »
Comodo: CIS 11.X (latest version)
Backup/Imaging: Macrium Reflect Home v7.X
Win10 Phone: N/A
Personal Website: Comodo SSL (via CloudFlare)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek