Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released  (Read 87730 times)

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security 2020 v12.2.2.8012 Released
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2021, 03:17:20 PM »
Offline installation of 8012 went smoothly on my end.  :-TU

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2021, 04:05:53 PM »
Here in France all links work
They are working now here also. They must have fixed it in the meanwhile.

I edited the download links in the topic start to point to secure downloads using https instead of http.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 04:09:26 PM by EricJH »

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2021, 09:35:58 PM »
They are taking development more slowly these days:
Hi ro.edi,

We have more fixes than this. Bug fixes are being gradually included in subsequent versions to avoid risk. We will make sure to release next version soon.

For sandbox issue kindly submit the application for whitelisting. That is here.

Over the past two years there have been multiple changes with both development and QA.

Offline whatisausername

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2021, 11:59:51 PM »
I am so disappointed and sad now.

I was using v12.2.2.7098. I did not want to wait for auto-update. So I upgraded using the offline installer posted here. But after reboot, I realized the installation reset all my settings and removed all my firewall rules. I did this kind of upgrade before and none of them removed all my rules and reset all settings?? Sigh. So now I have to redo every single rule all over again.

Not to mention the "invisible taskbar icon" problem is still here as mentioned by wxqx here

After 12.0.0.6882, the failure of "taskbar icon" disappeared is still not solved.
It feels like the development team has changed...

Also I just found out this today and I am not sure if Comodo dev team knows about this yet but, your software is now IMCOMPATIBLE with Riot Game's anti-cheat called Vanguard. This AC is used in their newest and very popular game Valorant. It is installed as a kernel level driver and loaded before everything else. Even without installing your anti-virus, only install Comodo firewall, this problem still occurs. The only way to solve it is to uninstall Comodo completely.

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2021, 12:34:32 AM »
I am so disappointed and sad now.

I was using v12.2.2.7098. I did not want to wait for auto-update. So I upgraded using the offline installer posted here. But after reboot, I realized the installation reset all my settings and removed all my firewall rules. I did this kind of upgrade before and none of them removed all my rules and reset all settings?? Sigh. So now I have to redo every single rule all over again.
Normally the installer will save the current configuration under Configurations. Can you check if it is there? If it is there you can simply activate it. If it is not there then that is a bug.

Not to mention the "invisible taskbar icon" problem is still here as mentioned by wxqx here
It's a pain to a lot of users.

Also I just found out this today and I am not sure if Comodo dev team knows about this yet but, your software is now IMCOMPATIBLE with Riot Game's anti-cheat called Vanguard. This AC is used in their newest and very popular game Valorant. It is installed as a kernel level driver and loaded before everything else. Even without installing your anti-virus, only install Comodo firewall, this problem still occurs. The only way to solve it is to uninstall Comodo completely.
Thank you for reporting this.

Are you willing to check two things? Try adding the driver of Vanguard to the Exclusions of shellcode injections and see if that makes a difference. Check in HIPS logs if  memory access by Vanguard gets blocked.

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2021, 01:32:44 AM »
Offline installation of 8012 went smoothly on my end.  :-TU

For me it is similar. Adding new policies and rules - everything works in firewall, antivirus, containment as well as in file rating.
You to my leisure I have not uninstalled the previous version.

All my programs run without complaint, still. Sometimes, of course, there were difficulties in running a program that causes the problem, for example, in "Unblock Applications" the easiest place finding a blocking.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 02:31:21 AM by prodex »

Offline Kamada

• Comodo Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2021, 02:46:17 AM »
Normally the installer will save the current configuration under Configurations. Can you check if it is there? If it is there you can simply activate it. If it is not there then that is a bug.
Unfortunately the online update installation didn't work for me. There was a message that the installer wouldn't be able to complete the installation, I should restart the PC and run the installer manually. I wasn't sure what the last requirement meant, but I did reboot and installed the update again. However, all my settings were gone and I didn't see my current configuration under Configurations. The new installation did not show my subscription status and I therefore presume that it was gone. To cut a long story short I restored an image backup of my C drive and I'll wait for the Comodo automatic update to take place. In the meantime I exported my configuration settings just in case the automatic update goes wrong.

Offline CommodoUser2019

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2021, 03:04:19 AM »
...In the meantime I exported my configuration settings just in case the automatic update goes wrong.
This is best practice IMO. Why take chances.

Offline domo78

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2021, 03:33:41 AM »
It's been 3 days since the new release is official and the automatic update is still not available.

When will it be available?

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2021, 03:55:50 AM »
This is best practice IMO. Why take chances.

Probably like other users, I have several configurations depending on what I need them for, from indvidually very restrictive to "Internet security" (restrictive "soft").

Offline C.O.M.O.D.O RT

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2021, 06:13:34 AM »
Hi whatisausername,

Could you please provide us the download link of this game or the application for further investigation.

your software is now IMCOMPATIBLE with Riot Game's anti-cheat called Vanguard. This AC is used in their newest and very popular game Valorant.

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2021, 01:01:12 PM »
updated to the old beta new version here, NORMAL usage is OK !
btw chrome downloaded something and CiS got it right away..impressive..good work COMODO Team !

No skipping then? ;)

Offline ro.edi

• Comodo Family Member
    • ROFuSiON
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
No skipping then? ;)

nope no skipping..this version is good extended testings done !
had to reconfigure the whole auto install of cis..for maybe all future versions !
my laptop is very happy with it !

Offline whatisausername

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2021, 12:25:04 AM »

Thank you for reporting this.
Are you willing to check two things? Try adding the driver of Vanguard to the Exclusions of shellcode injections and see if that makes a difference. Check in HIPS logs if  memory access by Vanguard gets blocked.

Sir, you truly are Comodo's Hero!  8) :-TU ;D You solved both of my problems!

I checked in general settings and there's indeed a configuration file backed up with the previous version number appended. I loaded that config and all my settings and firewall rules are back. Thank you! Saved me so much time! It's weird that I've done upgrading with offline installer before and never had to do this. The settings and rules always transferred over fine so I didn't even know the old configs were backed up.  :embarassed:

Regarding the Vanguard issue. I followed your suggestion and and after some trial and error found the exe files that needed to be excluded for the game to launch. Played a couple hours today with no problems! Thank you!  :-TU ;D  A question about the shellcode injection option, I thought that function was related to HIPS or VirusScope? I don't have any of the components enabled other than Firewall, so I didn't bother with the shellcode injection option before you suggested it. Also, on the main Comodo window I see "unrecognized files" list, which components is that related to? HIPS? Can I just leave it be since I don't have HIPS enabled? Or should I remove those files I recognize from the list? Or click on them and select "trusted"? There are 2 powershell script files in this list in Comodo folder C:\ProgramData\Comodo\Cis\tempscrpt. I'm not sure what to make of them.

Offline whatisausername

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2021, 12:36:23 AM »
Hi whatisausername,

Could you please provide us the download link of this game or the application for further investigation.

Hi, the game's launcher can be downloaded at https://playvalorant.com/
But need to have a Riot Game account to access the download. I can upload the launcher exe file somewhere if you want? It's 65.5MB. Although I'm not sure how helpful that would be since you need to sign into a Riot Game account before the actual game will launch. However the installation of the game and its anti-cheat Vanguard are done from the launcher without an account.

Here's their official article on the anti-cheat: https://support-valorant.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360046160933-What-is-Vanguard-

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek