Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.1.0.6914 Released.  (Read 106385 times)

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.1.0.6914 Released.
« Reply #120 on: November 02, 2019, 08:29:07 PM »
I have noticed the issue with the tray icon as well. It is there and it is fully active but not visible. As a workaround I exit CIS from the systray and start the application again using the desktop shortcut.

I am not familiar with working with license key and I am just thinking out loud. I could imagine that since you have had it installed and registered you don't need to go through the registration process again.

To be fair I only emailed them about it today but its literally ruined my system. I'm currently in the middle of clean reinstalling Windiws to erase all trace as it left my system completely unusable. Start menu not working, multiple windows services disabled and cannot be started (Intel RST, multiple Windows Defender & security services). Total mess
This build unfortunately has a problem with cavwp.exe process crashing which in some cases can cause the system to freeze as you have experienced. It has happened on my system, luckily not often, and a reset could usually fix it. In other cases it will settle in a couple of minutes. It does not hamper me enough to go back to the previous build (6882) but others have decided to go back to 6882.

It is very unfortunate you chose the radical solution of reinstalling Windows. Removing CIS using the clean up tool in Windows Safe Mode would have done the trick for you.

Comodo has identified the problem and is working on a solution. It is cold comfort for now though.  :-\

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #121 on: November 03, 2019, 04:19:27 AM »
I, too, all these problems appeared on 6914. It is surprising why this version was not recalled.

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19042.661 (20H2)
CIS Premium v.12.2.2.7062
MX Linux 19.3 Xfce

Offline dylanlaw79

« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2019, 04:27:00 AM »
I have noticed the issue with the tray icon as well. It is there and it is fully active but not visible. As a workaround I exit CIS from the systray and start the application again using the desktop shortcut.

I am not familiar with working with license key and I am just thinking out loud. I could imagine that since you have had it installed and registered you don't need to go through the registration process again.
This build unfortunately has a problem with cavwp.exe process crashing which in some cases can cause the system to freeze as you have experienced. It has happened on my system, luckily not often, and a reset could usually fix it. In other cases it will settle in a couple of minutes. It does not hamper me enough to go back to the previous build (6882) but others have decided to go back to 6882.

It is very unfortunate you chose the radical solution of reinstalling Windows. Removing CIS using the clean up tool in Windows Safe Mode would have done the trick for you.

Comodo has identified the problem and is working on a solution. It is cold comfort for now though.  :-\

Thanks for the response, funnily enough though, this was after removing all trace of it. I was trying to just get Windows Defender re-enabled but gave up fighting with the system. I'm comfortable enough wiping and reinstalling Windows (done it thousands of times due to my job) it's just incredibly inconvenient when my system has been running 100% rock solid for so long.

I'm going to try just installing 6882 and see  how that goes for now, if it throws its toys out of the pram then I will wipe and do away with Comodo software altogether and move on to Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #123 on: November 03, 2019, 04:30:57 AM »
dylanlaw79,
CIS 6882 works fine for me. Windows 10 1909 (449) x64 Pro
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 04:39:45 AM by megaherz33 »

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 19042.661 (20H2)
CIS Premium v.12.2.2.7062
MX Linux 19.3 Xfce

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #124 on: November 03, 2019, 06:33:28 AM »

I'm going to try just installing 6882 and see  how that goes for now, if it throws its toys out of the pram then I will wipe and do away with Comodo software altogether and move on to Kaspersky or Bitdefender.

Really, no reason to switch to another software. CIS 6882 runs without any problems on my PC with Windows10 1909 (449) x64 Pro too.

But: Why didn't you make a backup of your harddisk/system? I played back my backup 4 times after trying cis 6919. That's it. 14 to 20 minutes about per backup.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:35:38 AM by prodex »

Offline dylanlaw79

« Reply #125 on: November 03, 2019, 07:00:33 AM »
Really, no reason to switch to another software. CIS 6882 runs without any problems on my PC with Windows10 1909 (449) x64 Pro too.

But: Why didn't you make a backup of your harddisk/system? I played back my backup 4 times after trying cis 6919. That's it. 14 to 20 minutes about per backup.

I don't bother backing up my OS drive as I link everything from other drives installed my system (Games on one, backups and personal data on another etc.) so wiping and starting again doesn't bother me too much, it's just really inconvenient and wastes my days off work.

I've since reinstalled Windows 10 and all my software including CIS (tried installing 6882 but it auto updated to the latest) and it's all playing ball so far, bar the license key which still isn't accepted by the software and it's telling me to call the US (I'm in the UK so no way am I dialling the US, not with our phone charges :o ) so I'll just wait to hear back from Comodo regarding this and see how the software goes before I do anything drastic

Offline Cassette

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #126 on: November 03, 2019, 07:04:34 AM »
This latest version was posted as a release candidate for only three days before it was made an official release. I would expect at least a full week of public testing and maybe even two before deciding on releasing. This could have been avoided with just a little more time.

Offline biteater

• Comodo Family Member
  • always being used as a testuser wears out
« Reply #127 on: November 03, 2019, 07:06:34 AM »
..."I'm going to try just installing 6882 and see  how that goes for now, if it throws its toys out of the pram then I will wipe and do away with Comodo software altogether and move on to Kaspersky or Bitdefender."

The software should run unquestionable; if not you ought to get service from a pro deck. Not hear-cheers from the ones who do not have any problems! 
Kaspersky & Botdefender are both excellent choices

Keep us posted please, good luck!
PGP-ID available

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #128 on: November 03, 2019, 08:32:13 AM »
The software should run unquestionable; if not you ought to get service from a pro deck. Not hear-cheers from the ones who do not have any problems! 

Not hear-cheers but satisfaction and complimentary for the sure protection in all the many, many years using comodo's cis.

What do we pay for this software?  Of course, it is a pity if software does not run reliably. If not, of course you can change. There are no statistics about how many people use Comodo without problems. As tested by AV-Test (July-August 20199), I am 100%/100% protected and 6828 runs reliably on my PC. Am I jubilating now or just sharing my experience?

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #129 on: November 03, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
Not hear-cheers but satisfaction and complimentary for the sure protection in all the many, many years using comodo's cis.

What do we pay for this software?  Of course, it is a pity if software does not run reliably. If not, of course you can change. There are no statistics about how many people use Comodo without problems. As tested by AV-Test (July-August 20199), I am 100%/100% protected and 6828 runs reliably on my PC. Am I jubilating now or just sharing my experience?

In my opinion on security the only thing that should be done, in addition to the excellent containment, improve the antivirus module with an increase in the percentage of detection of malware already known.
Nunzio

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2019, 09:51:59 AM »
I've had that License Key error a couple of times in the past. Don't even think about the call from here! It just gets you to Geek Buddy, when it can fixed by raising the ticket as you have done. It will probably need a reset on their end - which should be done in a day or two

If it's any consolation, I've had 6914 running perfectly for 2 weeks now, plus KillSwitch and all the extras. It was a bit of a struggle struggle to get there mind you, but it was worth it
bar the license key which still isn't accepted by the software and it's telling me to call the US (I'm in the UK so no way am I dialing the US, not with our phone charges :o ) so I'll just wait to hear back from Comodo regarding this and see how the software goes before I do anything drastic
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:16:17 PM by Ploget »
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 20H2 (19042.630) / CIS 12.2.2.7062
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
A formidable and never ending task for any AV Company - Statistics - especially for those with NO Containment function
In my opinion on security the only thing that should be done, in addition to the excellent containment, improve the antivirus module with an increase in the percentage of detection of malware already known.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 02:15:23 PM by Ploget »
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 20H2 (19042.630) / CIS 12.2.2.7062
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #132 on: November 03, 2019, 11:50:15 AM »

This cav would have the potential.

https://www.focus.de/digital/test-und-kaufberatung/der-beste-schutz-kostet-geld-das-sind-die-besten-virenscanner-fuer-windows-10_id_8867904.html

Transtlated with Google:

Comodo, however, does not go beyond a satisfactory recognition result. That's a pity, because in the all-important zero-day detection, the free tool detects all pests and shows many pay-virus scanners the heels. Unfortunately Comodo pats at the reference set and thus spoils a better recognition. If you are looking for a free virus scanner, Avast is the best one for you.

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2019, 11:53:21 AM »

This cav would have the potential.

https://www.focus.de/digital/test-und-kaufberatung/der-beste-schutz-kostet-geld-das-sind-die-besten-virenscanner-fuer-windows-10_id_8867904.html

Transtlated with Google:

In fact in my opinion if COMODO works on this also improving this aspect, bringing it to higher levels would become the TOP, other than Avast Free.
Nunzio

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2019, 12:03:24 PM »
AV-Test argues the importance of zero day detection:
Comodo, however, does not go beyond a satisfactory recognition result. That's a pity, because in the all-important zero-day detection, the free tool detects all pests and shows many pay-virus scanners the heels. Unfortunately Comodo pats at the reference set and thus spoils a better recognition. If you are looking for a free virus scanner, Avast is the best one for you.
However, this is not important because the sandbox will catch >99,999% of the zero day malware with the sandbox.

Detection really is only but so important when using proactive protection mechanisms like sandbox and HIPS.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek