Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6882 – Released  (Read 46805 times)

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6882 – Released
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 11:55:59 AM »

Fixed

Please note, this release has been rolled out for new users.
We shall be rolling out updates for existing users over the next few weeks.

Thanks,
Comodo Internet Security Team.

You see what I mean? There are vulnerabilities in the older version, but you "shall be rolling updates over the next few weeks", instead of NOW. Bad move.

Offline tachion

• Star Group
  • Comodo Family Member
    • Safegroup
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 12:29:03 PM »
Good job.

The update from version v12.0.0.6870 went without a problem.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 12:36:18 PM »
R2C2
is 6882 compatable with XP or no?
It may or may not work, if it does it wont get any comodo support.  We can still try to help you on the forum here, but understand that there no guarantee.  The farther down the road it goes the less likely for compatibility.
CIS 2019 12.0.0.6870 - This version will no longer updated on Windows XP and Windows Vista essentially making it the last supported version for those OSes
It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 02:04:06 PM »
Congrats with the release.

The automatic deletion of malware recognized in USB drives still does not occur at all.
This release was only to fix the vulnerabilities reported by Tenable. Future releases will have other fixes as has been stated.

You see what I mean? There are vulnerabilities in the older version, but you "shall be rolling updates over the next few weeks", instead of NOW. Bad move.
Comodo must have changed its mind. I got the update announced by the automatic program updater and I updated to 6882.

I don't think there are exploits in the wild for the reported vulnerabilities so in that respect there is immediate need to update. Usually Comodo first releases updates to the forums as an extra step before releasing for the wider audience.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 02:51:04 PM »
so, comodo is fixing only the frufru things? what about the problemas related everywhere? like cpu spikes, cis gui frozen, the usb problems, win10 1903 incompatibilities, etc..? all for later releases? for how long? until we all say goodbye to the product? its getting hard the wait.. i need to install win 10 1903 in some machines but im, still, waiting for an cis release that is fully compatible with this win edition.. but until now i only see these stupid updates coming up.. :( sorry my words but this is getting sick guys.. you need to focus on the real bugs, the real problems.. all pointed out for a long time and many times..

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2019, 03:54:25 PM »
Vitim. Hold your horses cowboy, scroll one post up and read:
This release was only to fix the vulnerabilities reported by Tenable. Future releases will have other fixes as has been stated.
And no we don't have a road map about which issues get fixed in what order.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2019, 04:55:30 PM »
Vitim. Hold your horses cowboy, scroll one post up and read: And no we don't have a road map about which issues get fixed in what order.

i know i know.. but some bugs have more priority.. atleast some should.. like the problemas with windows 10 1903.

edit.: and you dont even release the link to download full offline installers anymore.. its getting worse day after day.. well, it seems so from my perspective, looking this forum on a daily basis this is the feeling im having.

Offline ReeceN

• Comodo's Hero
  • Paranoid B#st#rd - CIA
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2019, 05:11:28 PM »
Right.

So the next updates as is stated here will focus on:

Our next few releases will focus 100% on product performance, quality and stability.

I think that fixing vulnerabilities in software as soon as they are discovered is always going to be a top priority for a security product.

With that said, I feel your frustration, development does seem slow at times, however there does appear to be a lot to do. I'm sure they will do what is needed in order to get on top of it.

P.s. Having no obvious extra issues with this version of CIS.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 05:13:16 PM by ReeceN »

Offline malik1976

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 06:02:01 PM »
Please do not remove  the offline installers for CIS Premium. This is an appeal for those with very slow internet connection and some with internet connections but is always held hostage by their ISPs. Like mine who cannot afford a better ISP gets cut when download is big, most of the time I get cut out by 40-60mb. Not all users enjoy good bandwidth and good ISP. Most just make do with the best with what they can afford. CIS free version get me(us) by and the offline installers is a GREAT HELP. Please do not go the way of ZoneAlarm or some other applications. I do not want to use another security software (much less firewall and HIPS) other than Comodo. So please...

Offline cheater87

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 10:49:17 PM »
Still haven't got the upstate for the one that fixes the uncheck issue.

Offline biteater

• Comodo Family Member
  • always being used as a testuser wears out
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2019, 06:01:12 AM »
Please do not remove  the offline installers for CIS Premium. This is an appeal for those with very slow internet connection and some with internet connections but is always held hostage by their ISPs. Like mine who cannot afford a better ISP gets cut when download is big, most of the time I get cut out by 40-60mb. Not all users enjoy good bandwidth and good ISP. Most just make do with the best with what they can afford. CIS free version get me(us) by and the offline installers is a GREAT HELP. Please do not go the way of ZoneAlarm or some other applications. I do not want to use another security software (much less firewall and HIPS) other than Comodo. So please...

:-* HearHear !
PGP-ID available

Offline jackor

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2019, 08:20:24 AM »
so, comodo is fixing only the frufru things?

Those are not frufru things. When an external auditer, like Tenable is, find some vulnerabilities, companies have generally 90 days before the disclosure of vulnerabilities to the public. This means that, once CVEs are disclosed, there will be people trying to exploit them because it will became a 0 day exploit.
And Tenable was about to disclose those CVEs, so this update was kinda forced
Analyst Programmer
0days & malware hunter since 2006

Offline nickfree

• Comodo Member
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2019, 10:17:05 AM »
glad i stumbled upon this announcement while looking for a solution to the cavwp.exe crashing issue i have,
i also learned about the issues with Win1903,so I've got another reason to postpone the update for now.
what would be nice indeed is having an offline installer,i really don't like being connected to the internet all naked and as mentioned before,the site installer doesn't always give the latest version.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek