Author Topic: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6870 – Released  (Read 16491 times)

Offline Shane

• Product Group Manager
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Internet Security 2019 v12.0.0.6870 – Released
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 08:32:46 AM »
I installed it and the "real time scanning" antivirus setting of "memory at startup" has been fixed. Setting this feature even after restarting the PC is maintained.

The bug of removing malware on USB drives in this version has not yet been fixed, they are detected and blocked but remain on the PEN DRIVE are not automatically removed. Only with manual scan are removed. Resolve ... I don't think it's a very difficult thing to solve.

For the rest, the moment seems to have no other problems, it seems to be faster when restarting the PC.

Thank you!
Nunzio.

Thanks Nunzio, we are focusing on quality over the next few major releases so I'll ensure this is resolved. :-TU
Please read the Forum Policy below before posting: 

http://forums.comodo.com/new_member_information/forum_policy-t1516.0.html

Offline Shane

• Product Group Manager
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2019, 08:36:43 AM »
Based on this alone, I'm guessing they made a typo error :o

No big deal :)

My reference is based on this
https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/comodo-internet-security-2019-rc-v12006870-is-now-available-for-download-t124579.0.html

Thanks jay2007tech.

The version is 6870.  We often reuse the last post to maintain a consistent look and feel but this was a cut/paste error. 
Please read the Forum Policy below before posting: 

http://forums.comodo.com/new_member_information/forum_policy-t1516.0.html

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2019, 08:51:44 AM »
It was mentioned in the beta posts leading up to this release, I'll edit the release notes to include the secondary offer. 

All monetization offers in the free version of CIS are optional.  We'd be very happy if you guys want to upgrade to the Pro or Complete versions.  We want to ensure that there is always a free version of CIS available to protect our users (you) so the offers are a method to ensure that we can.  By taking the free offers or using the Yahoo/search.comodo.com you will be helping us and yourself keep a free version of CIS.

We greatly appreciate you all helping us make CIS the great product we all know and love.

Our focus for the next few releases is purely on performance, stability and quality.

I don't understand, will CIS be paid?
Nunzio

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • CIS Help
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2019, 08:58:02 AM »
Not unless you want to pay for the Pro or Complete version.

Comodo has merely added some extra option during the install. You can buy them if you wish or not . .
Ploget
All Win10x64 Pro 1909 (18363.752) systems  /  CIS 2020 v.12.2.2.7036 RC
Comodo Forum Policy / CIS Help

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2019, 09:03:28 AM »
Not unless you want to pay for the Pro or Complete version.

Comodo has merely added some extra option during the install. You can buy them if you wish or not . .

Ok. Thanks!
Nunzio

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2019, 10:50:38 AM »
CIS will always be free as per Melih's vision. Comodo has always added third party sponsors since CIS its conception which can always be deselected.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2019, 10:52:21 AM »
Hi Eric,

6870 is the last version that will be signed with SHA1 and thus the last versions that can run on XP and Vista without certificate issues.
Thank you for clearing that one up as Comodo's official spokesperson.
Thanks jay2007tech.

The version is 6870.  We often reuse the last post to maintain a consistent look and feel but this was a cut/paste error. 
I figured that was the case.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 10:59:31 AM »
Offline installers for this versions are not intended for general public release and are only intended for partners such as Microsoft as part of their partnership programs to complete driver compatibility testing.  The version is definitely not supported and users should not be running it.  Changes to that version may happen without notice and may break production systems.  The version is changeable like our beta versions.

Users should only be using the publicly announced versions to avoid the installation of experimental code.
This is very confusing, convoluted and unprecedented. This breaks things at various levels.  :-\

We understand the need for an offline version and we'll ensure there is a one intended for the general public with the next release of CIS.
I am glad to hear because this looks like a similar situation a couple of years ago which upset a lot of users. In the latter case it took a couple of version updates before Comodo provided an offline installer again.

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Many thanks Shane. Always willing to help where I can. I didn't get around to beta testing this past version so missed that but thanks for updating the notes. I always use the Yahoo search. Having this fantastic product free is a godsend and I'm always recommending it to friends.

:comodo rocks:

Eric

It was mentioned in the beta posts leading up to this release, I'll edit the release notes to include the secondary offer. 

All monetization offers in the free version of CIS are optional.  We'd be very happy if you guys want to upgrade to the Pro or Complete versions.  We want to ensure that there is always a free version of CIS available to protect our users (you) so the offers are a method to ensure that we can.  By taking the free offers or using the Yahoo/search.comodo.com you will be helping us and yourself keep a free version of CIS.

We greatly appreciate you all helping us make CIS the great product we all know and love.

Our focus for the next few releases is purely on performance, stability and quality.

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 12

Offline blade120

• Comodo Family Member
  • I Like COMODO :)
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 11:46:13 AM »
Hi all,
I have a question
how long will Comodo develop its products under Windows 7?

Offline giraffe

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 12:08:10 PM »
Offline installers for this versions are not intended for general public release and are only intended for partners such as Microsoft as part of their partnership programs to complete driver compatibility testing.  The version is definitely not supported and users should not be running it.  Changes to that version may happen without notice and may break production systems.  The version is changeable like our beta versions.

Users should only be using the publicly announced versions to avoid the installation of experimental code.

We understand the need for an offline version and we'll ensure there is a one intended for the general public with the next release of CIS.
Certainly necessary - new PC, not connected, only W7 F/W, don't want to go on line until CFW is installed!
W7 Pro SP1
Comodo IS
Pale Moon
SAS and MBAM on-demand.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2019, 12:55:08 PM »
if im correct, this version is still not fully compatible with windows 10 1903, right?

wth guys? ... grrr..

Offline maciejak

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2019, 01:12:47 PM »
why i have error "file not found"? i can't downolad :(
maciejak

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2019, 01:14:59 PM »
Hi all,
I have a question
how long will Comodo develop its products under Windows 7?
I don't know Comodo's official stance on this but when looking at how long Comodo has been supporting Windows XP and Vista I would expect CIS will be supported after Windows 7 SP1 extended support, next year, has ended. I would not worry about it too much.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »
if im correct, this version is still not fully compatible with windows 10 1903, right?

wth guys? ... grrr..
Please mind your attitude. Your continuous disgruntledness and lazy memory are unneeded and uncalled for.

I have told you this build would only have limited fixes and you would have to wait for builds to come. This is the conversation we had only 8 days ago:
can i expect this new build to be fully compatible with windows 10 1903 without bugs?
From behind the scenes:
our next release won't have major bug fixes, it's due shortly.
After than, we are focusing on quality and performance for the next few months.
The RC has only limited bug fixes. You will have to wait for upcoming releases.
As Shane stated in the above:
Thanks Nunzio, we are focusing on quality over the next few major releases so I'll ensure this is resolved. :-TU

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek