Author Topic: Comodo containment and HIPS against recent ransomware  (Read 7790 times)

Offline cruelsister

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Comodo containment and HIPS against recent ransomware
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2021, 09:09:13 AM »
Hi Prodex! Not an issue, and after yesterday's Football match I'm sure Victor needs something else to think about (PM sent)!

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2021, 10:09:29 AM »
General info, blindly importing a config into CIS from another computer is asking for troubles.

Offline Ploget

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher is your last mistake'
    • Schneier on Security
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2021, 02:46:35 PM »
Perhaps wait and see? An interesting concept depending on the goal and capability
General info, blindly importing a config into CIS from another computer is asking for troubles.
Ploget

All Win 10 x 64 Pro - 21H1 (19043.1288) / CIS 12.2.2.8012
Comodo Forum Policy
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito”

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: July 11, 2021, 07:49:34 PM »
Perhaps wait and see? An interesting concept depending on the goal and capability

Very true and without config format specifications very challenging.

Offline prodex

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2021, 03:50:42 AM »
I think so, too. 

This has happened twice as long as I'v  been using comodo (and for a very, very long time). ). But never could I recommend all my additional settings. Basis was proactive + cruelsister's video, and my settings are certainly not completely free of error and that alone is the reason not to share my settings to apply them.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 03:53:00 AM by prodex »

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2021, 05:20:11 AM »
And to add, when CIS is being installed the install process creates "clean" default config files inside Comodo program directory. Those "clean" default config files already contain computer/system specific entries/settings which were added by CIS during install time so even these "clean" default config files should not be blindly imported into CIS on another computer/system.
During CIS usage / life time the active config file becomes even more entangled with the computer/system CIS runs on.
Sure, the config files / registry settings can be adapted/converted so that the settings can be used on another computer/system but without knowing the config format specs , , ,

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2021, 05:43:11 AM »
And to add, when CIS is being installed the install process creates "clean" default config files inside Comodo program directory. Those "clean" default config files already contain computer/system specific entries/settings which were added by CIS during install time so even these "clean" default config files should not be blindly imported into CIS on another computer/system.
During CIS usage / life time the active config file becomes even more entangled with the computer/system CIS runs on.
Sure, the config files / registry settings can be adapted/converted so that the settings can be used on another computer/system but without knowing the config format specs , , ,

So is it not advisable to import the same CIS settings file into other PCs other than the one on which it was created?
Bye!
Nunzio

Offline CISfan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2021, 10:01:46 AM »
So is it not advisable to import the same CIS settings file into other PCs other than the one on which it was created?

Correct, it is not advisable.
If and only if two computers are 100% same (in both hardware and software) then it can be done, on different computers it is not advisable to do this.
Best is to stick to the config file(s) that was/were created by CIS during install time on each computer and make setting adjustments thru the CIS GUI.

Offline NDABBRU

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2021, 10:13:34 AM »
Ok. Thanks!  ;)
Bye!
Nunzio

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek