Author Topic: CIS 2014 GUI sneak preview  (Read 50404 times)

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
Re: CIS 2014 GUI sneak preview
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »
Roger that :D !ot!
;) Thanks for your understanding
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline Cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #331 on: January 12, 2014, 09:02:10 AM »
Give an example please, for me having choice between CFW and CIS is enough no ?

Try test-installing Avast IS and then you'll see the range of component install choices possible, I've attached a screenshot. I'd prefer to see something approaching this within the CIS install possibilities.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:04:57 AM by cavehomme »

Offline Amiga500Plus

« Reply #332 on: January 22, 2014, 03:02:03 AM »
I'm sorry I don't like it.... If your going too change to that look... Please have an UI option to switch between v6 and v7.. Please :(

I really Love the look of v6

Offline Cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #333 on: January 22, 2014, 08:59:06 AM »
Oh dear me, big empty spaces for Windows 8 marches on. Ahem, 90% of people use Windows 7 and XP. Even HP has just a few days ago admitted Win 8 is a big failure and has decided to go back to offering Windows 7 on its PCs once again.

PLEASE Melih and CIS designers, offer 2 GUIs at installation, one based on the older V5 for Windows 7 users, and one based on whichever horrible empty space tiles you like. Let W7 users be free to have available a GUI suited for their WORKING environment, for their workflow which uses a keyboard and mouse and no touchscreen therefore tile style is NOT required.

Please Melih STOP trying to shoehorn us into this environment of wasteful, ugly, counter-intuitive changes for people not using touchscreens and Win 8. The older design can STILL incorporate the latest functional improvements. Yes it will cost a little more to maintain two GUIs but you already designed it!

PLEASE Melih! We are bombarded by Win 8 style everywhere and most people simply do not want it! They use an Android table or iPad and have no need for Windows tiles.....perhaps in 3-5 years but NOT now!

PLEASE!

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #334 on: January 25, 2014, 03:10:12 AM »
Oh dear me, big empty spaces for Windows 8 marches on. Ahem, 90% of people use Windows 7 and XP. Even HP has just a few days ago admitted Win 8 is a big failure and has decided to go back to offering Windows 7 on its PCs once again.

PLEASE Melih and CIS designers, offer 2 GUIs at installation, one based on the older V5 for Windows 7 users, and one based on whichever horrible empty space tiles you like. Let W7 users be free to have available a GUI suited for their WORKING environment, for their workflow which uses a keyboard and mouse and no touchscreen therefore tile style is NOT required.

Please Melih STOP trying to shoehorn us into this environment of wasteful, ugly, counter-intuitive changes for people not using touchscreens and Win 8. The older design can STILL incorporate the latest functional improvements. Yes it will cost a little more to maintain two GUIs but you already designed it!

PLEASE Melih! We are bombarded by Win 8 style everywhere and most people simply do not want it! They use an Android table or iPad and have no need for Windows tiles.....perhaps in 3-5 years but NOT now!

PLEASE!

I disagree. It's not reasonable to expect any software vendor to support back-level version of the OS and, like it or not, Windows 7 is now back-level.

I also disagree that Windows 8 is rubbish, the only mistake Microsoft made with it was to force the Modern UI onto desktop users. Had they released Windows 8 with an option to keep the start menu etc. on the desktop and use the Modern UI on tablets everyone would be hailing it a great success. IN fact with Threshold (Windows 9?) all Microsoft have to do is to restore the start menu etc. to Windows 8.1 and call it Windows 9 and the market will love it.

In any case, it's very simple (and even free) for restore the Windows 7 start menu on Windows 8 systems. I've been running like that since Windows 8 was launched and it looks and feels like Windows 7 but I still have all the Windows 8 improvements under the hood.

And when all is said and done the CIS v6 interface looks perfectly fine on the Windows desktop, especially if you click the Advanced button. The new UI is really not all that different IMHO.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine of course. :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:11:44 AM by ubuysa »

Offline Amiga500Plus

« Reply #335 on: January 25, 2014, 03:48:58 AM »
It's like that song (History repeating itself)....

Win95  :-TU Win98  :-TD  WinXP  :-TU  WinVista  :-TD  Win7  :-TU  Win8  :-TD  Win9 (unknown) Win 10 (No such thing)

I'm going too miss the CIS v6 GUI

No matter what you do... I will always Love you... erm... whats the name of that song...opps, Sorry  !ot!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:43:08 AM by Amiga500Plus »

Offline spywar

• Malware Research Group
  • Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #336 on: January 25, 2014, 04:02:48 AM »
This is just a proposal...nothing set in stone...things will change....

Offline RedFan

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #337 on: January 25, 2014, 04:11:23 AM »
This topic has started in july 2013 and still we haven't seen anything ......
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:13:33 AM by RedFan »
IntelDualCore E5200 [at]2.50 Ghz. Ram: 4GB DDR2. HD:640GB Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit. Qihoo 360 IS.

Offline Amiga500Plus

« Reply #338 on: January 25, 2014, 04:24:51 AM »
Aye.. We also haven't seen the new concept of the CIS Widget... I hope the widget stays the same... Please Boss, The CIS v6 Widget is soo cool... I like that snake skin approach :P

Offline Cavehomme

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #339 on: January 25, 2014, 06:34:35 AM »
I disagree. It's not reasonable to expect any software vendor to support back-level version of the OS and, like it or not, Windows 7 is now back-level.

I also disagree that Windows 8 is rubbish, the only mistake Microsoft made with it was to force the Modern UI onto desktop users. Had they released Windows 8 with an option to keep the start menu etc. on the desktop and use the Modern UI on tablets everyone would be hailing it a great success. IN fact with Threshold (Windows 9?) all Microsoft have to do is to restore the start menu etc. to Windows 8.1 and call it Windows 9 and the market will love it.

In any case, it's very simple (and even free) for restore the Windows 7 start menu on Windows 8 systems. I've been running like that since Windows 8 was launched and it looks and feels like Windows 7 but I still have all the Windows 8 improvements under the hood.

And when all is said and done the CIS v6 interface looks perfectly fine on the Windows desktop, especially if you click the Advanced button. The new UI is really not all that different IMHO.

" the only mistake Microsoft made with it was to force the Modern UI onto desktop users"

That's exactly my point!  Therefore by deduction, Comodo have made exactly the same mistake with forcing their modern v6 GUI onto desktop users!

We Windows 7 users will be around until at least 2020 Melih. We are not against progress, not against change, but inappropriate change which changes efficient and logical workflows is simply change for the sake of change.

Why can't more software makers accept that their customers are not all the same brainless droids or iBots all needing the same solution? We have different needs, so please serve them, thank you Melih.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 11:50:08 AM by cavehomme »

Offline Cassette

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #340 on: January 25, 2014, 03:28:47 PM »
Too often in software development the people who design these programs get to thinking that their way is obviously so superior that not only should it be the default, but users should not even be able to choose otherwise. I've seen several programs go this way and I certainly hate to see Comodo do the same. At one time not long ago you could choose your own skin for CIS's GUI. It was limited to the colors, but users had choice. Version 4 had many user generated color schemes. Now there is no choice at all. It doesn't bother me that much to be honest, but it's a bad sign.

Version 6's interface is certainly very pretty and fancy with the whole flipping thing, but it isn't very functional. If you want to do anything advanced, it's very clumsy. I hope that Comodo is listening to user issues and making adjustments so that functionality and user choice are respected.

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #341 on: January 25, 2014, 08:04:12 PM »

Agreed, Windows 8, under the hood, is a better OS than 7. IMO, they should have had a detection mechanism that determined what kind of machine the OS was being installed on. If it's a desktop machine, then you don't even get the Start screen or the apps installed. If it's a tablet or especially a phone, you get the new interface by default. Tablets also having the ability to run desktop applications if powerful enough. This may be hard to do but would have avoided most of the complaints.

The only problem I have with the proposed CIS 7 GUI is the blocky, sharp cornered appearance. I prefer the old rounded corners but it seems blocky is the way to go.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek