Author Topic: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!  (Read 39188 times)

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2016, 11:35:48 AM »
Thanks for the new release of CIS. My PC has been kept safe since CIS1.
I have tried to configure CIS10 using Chiron's guidelines for CIS8. All is well except I cannot find the Firewall option for "Stealth Ports".
Can someone please help.

Regards & Merry Christmas.

Should be in Firewall tasks, was in the Beta :)

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2016, 11:38:42 AM »
checked to see if 8.4 was updating, it didn't show any program updates.

is 8.4 still able to auto update within the program, or does this new version need to be installed itself?  Also is this 10 still considered "free"? ie premium version?

I hope 8.4 can be updated auto, as this is the best way to get it to work, I found in the past uninstalling Comodo and trying to reinstall a new version runs into all kinds of problems, and ends up going through special removal tools, having to manually delete stuff, ect ect.

Will you have a link available for d/ling the full stand alone installer? (which I assume should be around 200mg)

Autoupdates typically come later. Please see topic for responses regarding offline installers.

Kind regards

Mouse

Offline HOODY

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2016, 11:49:00 AM »
as far as I can tell by your reply's.  a full installer link will be posted at some point.  Although I D/L the full installers, I only keep them for clean installs, so I will wait for a while as it is for the program to do the updating.

so is this new V10 the same as any other, ie free for personal use, and not only a pro version when installed?

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2016, 12:07:07 PM »
running cis 10 in 2 machines and all running well so far..

the only problem is that cr$p internet security essentials (that I dont need at all). after installed cis on the 2 machines i unninstalled ise and all good.

please, kindly, add an option during cis installation so we can "uncheck" ise.

cis 10 is taking lees system resources as before (v8) and the new element gui is running faster than before too. all good so far. lets see in a week what happens..

the 2 machines are running win 10 pro au updated, with amd apu a4-7300 and a10-7xxx-X.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: December 22, 2016, 12:08:56 PM »
as far as I can tell by your reply's.  a full installer link will be posted at some point.  Although I D/L the full installers, I only keep them for clean installs, so I will wait for a while as it is for the program to do the updating.

so is this new V10 the same as any other, ie free for personal use, and not only a pro version when installed?

Free as the wind  :Beer :Beer. Just change from Pro on installation. Pro reverts to free anyway I think though I have not tested.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:10:59 PM by mouse1 »

Offline FFKefka77

• Comodo Loves me
  • <('-'<) ^('-')^ (>'-')>
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2016, 12:13:34 PM »
 I am very excited to hear about this release and cant wait til they fix a few more issues and then start sending it through auto-update!  I'd also like to see the Offline installer make a return, as I always throw an updated copy on my usb, with the latest offline Definitions, to bring to work/clients/home.

So much easier having all offline installers on a usb then having to go to websites etc to re-download.  Especially when I visit family/friends/colleagues in Sedona, AZ and  all they got is that Hughes satellite for internet.  Not really speedy but also geez such a limited amount of data they get per month.
Win 10 Ent (x64) AU w/ UAC off, Defender off/disabled - CIS 10 - MalwareBytes 3.0.6 (free) - Cyberfox 52.0.2 (x64) w/ uBlock Origin, HTTPS everywhere, BD TrafficLight

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
running cis 10 in 2 machines and all running well so far..

the only problem is that cr$p internet security essentials (that I dont need at all). after installed cis on the 2 machines i unninstalled ise and all good.

please, kindly, add an option during cis installation so we can "uncheck" ise.

cis 10 is taking lees system resources as before (v8) and the new element gui is running faster than before too. all good so far. lets see in a week what happens..

the 2 machines are running win 10 pro au updated, with amd apu a4-7300 and a10-7xxx-X.

From what Melih says I think this is likely to be added. It's just a stage in the integration.

I am still confused why anyone should be concerned about ISE. It's just another very helpful CIS module, but not quite 100% integrated yet.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2016, 12:30:02 PM »

Yes that is correct as I understand it. I prefer an offline installer too FWIW.

Kind regards

Mike

Offline adrin.scotland

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2016, 12:35:21 PM »
1. comodo ISE impact on my win 10 startup was medium so i uninstall it .
2. i unselected comodo secure shop before installing but cis downloaded and instaled it.
3.i uninstal  comodo secure shop but it didnt unistaled so i use IObit Uninstaller for unistaling.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2016, 12:42:26 PM »
That's cool, but I'd prefer an in-browsing protection rather than open a website in the secure browser... a Google Chrome add-on would be perfect
You can sorta do this. Define a site you want to always securely browse, and say use my default browser in CSS settings.

In future that site will always open a secure window of your default browser, so long as your browser is supported. (The main ones are). Essentially default profiles for normal browsers are used. You can tell the secure window it has an ice cool blue surround.....

No wildcards yet though. Just truncation.

Kind regards

Mike

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #85 on: December 22, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »
Please note you can now use Lastpass in secure shopping...... which is good to ensure against Phishing attacks - just always start from your known links. Internal whitelists - default deny - is coming. Blacklist protection is already provided by CDNS etc.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: December 22, 2016, 12:48:32 PM »
1. comodo ISE impact on my win 10 startup was medium so i uninstall it .
2. i unselected comodo secure shop before installing but cis downloaded and instaled it.
3.i uninstal  comodo secure shop but it didnt unistaled so i use IObit Uninstaller for unistaling.

Sorry you are having these problems. Please post bug reports so we can get these issues fixed. Someone in the bugs board may be able to help you use the Windows Performance toolkit to bootlog the boot performance of your machine if you ask.

Offline albertokevinaktiff

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2016, 12:55:15 PM »
Hi I am runing CIS 10 and i am very happy, is fast and simple to use. I really never think cis run ass well. In the past i am very disapointed whith cis and i am a dificult costumer.
Respect CIS 10 i only have some ghitns to say.
I hope you whitelist the good files dtected by sandbox . I dont think the user want to make exclusions by theme selves. From my point of view an av grow up if  have less fp and analize they detections.
I hope the av scans will be faster and faster maybe whith a finger print sistem
I think cis are a good product
I stay at expactative.
Hi hope from now geekbuddy improve in atention to costumer

Offline clocks

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »
Just for my info, could someone tell me why people are worried about ISE (apart from the driver signing issue)?

No sure I understand....

To begin with, I didn't even know it was on my PC, or how it got there.  I opened my web browser and I got a popup for about half the tabs I had open, telling me they were dangerous sites (I forget the exact wording).  So I knew pretty quickly this wasn't ready for release.  But then when I tried to uninstall it, the routine didn't work.  I had to go into safe mode, and manually delete the folder containing the files.

Just one mans opinion, but I believe Comodo needs to get better with their final releases.  CCAV still has a Valkyrie that doesn't really work.  And now CIS/CFW has these add on that seems very buggy.  It feels like Comodo is rushing features out long before they are ready.

Offline albertokevinaktiff

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2016, 01:18:15 PM »
When i turn on secure shopping says another machine are conected to mine and can see my screen . I stop network activity and says the same any help?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek