Author Topic: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!  (Read 39066 times)

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »
Hello Dolphin ,

Please kindly check your PM and reply our QA, we will first need to understand the root cause of your problem. If you have a problem with the uninstallation, we will provide you the fix accordingly.

Kind Regards
Buket

Uninstalled Version 8.4, restarted, downloaded installer and ran, but won't install just come up with Fatal Error : 1603  ???

Running Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1607 14393.576 on a real machine - not VM

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2016, 06:36:35 AM »
Nice, an early christmas gift  ;D

Would be nice to have the option to right click on the application and
Run it inside Secure Shopping/Environment

Run Inside COMODO Sandbox
Add: Run Inside COMODO Virtual Desktop(Sandbox)
Add: Run Inside COMODO Secure Shopping/Environment
Add: Run Inside COMODO Secure Shopping /Environment Window (with Blue border)

Good idea please make a wish on the wish board :)

ISE wasn't installed on my computer

Edited:
ISE only want to be installed once on my system W10 and VirtualBox W7
after i uninstall main program + ISE
and when i try to install CCAV, CIS10 or CIS 10beta again on the same system
ISE wont install.

Note, Unblock application will add exolution for ever security component even if it hasn't been blocked by them.

Thanks very much for reporting this - it is being looked into at the moment. Meanwhile please make a bug report in the appropriate board so we can see if this is related to another issue reported which seems to involve  ISE executable signatures.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2016, 06:40:29 AM »
I noticed that ISE driver couldn't be installed on Windows 10 Pro x64 with Anniversary update  :o

Thanks Alex, we have a report of this issue and understand Comodo is working on fixing it.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2016, 06:57:29 AM »
Uninstalled Version 8.4, restarted, downloaded installer and ran, but won't install just come up with Fatal Error : 1603  ???

Running Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1607 14393.576 on a real machine - not VM
I am from India.
Today I am not able to download the installer - Tried VPN & was able to download it.
Today I am not able to install it (got the kinda error mentioned above) - Tried VPN & was able to download/install it.

So give a try to VPN to download/install it.

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2016, 07:13:10 AM »
Good idea please make a wish on the wish board :)

Done.
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2016, 07:28:55 AM »
Its been more than a year And website databases is still at 183???

Whats happening with web protection/website databases???

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2016, 07:47:56 AM »
Anyone know how I can get rid of comodo security essentials.  The uninstall routine can't find isestart.exe. 

Edit:  I was able to get into safe mode, and delete the folder for it.

I personally don't care if CIS comes with GeekBuddy, Dragon, Yahoo and such, as long as I have the option to uncheck them. CIS is free, so this is one of the ways for Comodo to get some money back.

But if CIS installs another SW (ISE) without the authorization of the user and this SW can cause problems (for example because the drivers are not digitally signed) and can't even be easily uninstalled, well, this behavior is typical of malware and this is not a good way to "create trust online"  :-TD

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2016, 08:00:03 AM »
I personally don't care if CIS comes with GeekBuddy, Dragon, Yahoo and such, as long as I have the option to uncheck them. CIS is free, so this is one of the ways for Comodo to get some money back.

But if CIS installs another SW (ISE) without the authorization of the user and this SW can cause problems (for example because the drivers are not digitally signed) and can't even be easily uninstalled, well, this behavior is typical of malware and this is not a good way to "create trust online"  :-TD

Just for my info, could someone tell me why people are worried about ISE (apart from the driver signing issue)?

No sure I understand....

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »
I too think there should be an option during install to not install ISE.

I have installed CFW & uninstalled ISE.

By the way, I didn't had driver prob with beta & didn't have driver prob with stable.

Win 10 64 Pro

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2016, 08:06:59 AM »
Just for my info, could someone tell me why people are worried about ISE (apart from the driver signing issue)?

No sure I understand....

Any time a SW wanna install another SW without the authorization of the user, the user should be worry. Especially is the SW can cause problems and even more if it's security-related

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2016, 08:15:19 AM »
Any time a SW wanna install another SW without the authorization of the user, the user should be worry. Especially is the SW can cause problems and even more if it's security-related

Just another module of the same software as I understand it. Both coded by Comodo.

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #56 on: December 22, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »
Just another module of the same software as I understand it. Both coded by Comodo.
If it was integrated in CIS (like Viruscope or Web filtering), I would agree with you. But since it's a separate entry in Windows->Programs, I definitely don't agree.

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2016, 08:33:41 AM »
I too think there should be an option during install to not install ISE.

I have installed CFW & uninstalled ISE.

By the way, I didn't had driver prob with beta & didn't have driver prob with stable.

Win 10 64 Pro

Probably because you haven't done a clean install of Win 10 AU. If you have just upgraded from the previous release, you don't have the problems with drivers not digitally signed by Microsoft (even if I experienced a slow down in the boot when CIS 8 had drivers not digitally signed)

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2016, 08:51:08 AM »
I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with CIS's installation :'(. Rather than having the option of choosing which modules you would like enabled during installation, you seem to get the lot :-TD. I even uninstalled and re-installed just to check that I didn't miss the customize option. What annoyed me most was GeekBuddy popping up from the system tray every now and then. I know you can uninstall these but feel that you should be given the choice like with the previous version on CIS. That said, CIS is a solid product and far better than anything else out there :-TU.

:)   
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2016, 08:55:53 AM »
I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with CIS's installation :'(. Rather than having the option of choosing which modules you would like enabled during installation, you seem to get the lot :-TD. I even uninstalled and re-installed just to check that I didn't miss the customize option. What annoyed me most was GeekBuddy popping up from the system tray every now and then. I know you can uninstall these but feel that you should be given the choice like with the previous version on CIS. That said, CIS is a solid product and far better than anything else out there :-TU.

:)

Actually, you can opt-out for everything during installation, apart from ISE...

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek