Author Topic: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!  (Read 32112 times)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Brand New Comodo Internet Security 10 with Secure Shopping is released!!!
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2016, 02:27:03 PM »
Two running firewalls is going to be a troubleshooting nightmare I would think? I certainly have the Windows firewall turned off via the Windows Firewall icon in Control Panel (and always have with every version of CIS).

i think john is correct, you have to keep the service on, but turn wf off in control panel

Offline patrice58

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2016, 07:23:26 PM »
I seem to have a mad GUI issue where all the icons are blank including the close and minimize tab buttons. As for the secure, scan, unblock applications, secure shopping and update tabs in CIS 10 is just blank. I can see the green and white colours but that's it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 07:29:31 PM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Dustyn

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2016, 07:55:32 PM »
Well I decided to export my CIS 8 settings in preparation of installing CIS 10.
I completely uninstalled CIS 8, used Revo Uninstaller Pro afterwards to perform a FORCED uninstall to remove any traces of Comodo (which it did in fact find). I also ran the mod removal scripts that checks the registry for any leftover entries. Then, I manually searched out for anything in the registry relating to Comodo and removed them. Rebooted and performed a very clean install of CIS 10. Ran an initial quick scan, followed by a manual file rating scan... then before rebooting applied my Proactive config file which CIS 10 accepted without issue.

So far everything is working very well! :)

I have however removed Internet Security Essentials (or whatever it's called) since I do not want it interfering with my Adguard website filtering.

I hope CIS 10 continues to run as fast as it is compared to CIS 8!  8)

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2016, 02:28:36 AM »
Hello patrice58,

Could you please kindly fill in a bug report or give us more details to understand the root cause of your issue ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind Regards
Buket

I seem to have a mad GUI issue where all the icons are blank including the close and minimize tab buttons. As for the secure, scan, unblock applications, secure shopping and update tabs in CIS 10 is just blank. I can see the green and white colours but that's it.

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2016, 03:13:00 AM »
i think john is correct, you have to keep the service on, but turn wf off in control panel

Indeed and that's what I was saying. You must keep the Windows firewall service running (especially if you want to use file and printer sharing) but the Windows firewall should be set to the off state for all domains via the Windows Firewall icon in Control Panel.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this is a common problem for some users I think. :)

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2016, 04:41:48 AM »
Indeed and that's what I was saying. You must keep the Windows firewall service running (especially if you want to use file and printer sharing) but the Windows firewall should be set to the off state for all domains via the Windows Firewall icon in Control Panel.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this is a common problem for some users I think. :)

Thanks very much for the feedback ubuysa. I think we all agree this is inconvenient, but the feedback we are getting is that Comodo cannot do this programmatically or are advised not to on Win 7+. I am not sure exactly how this works, possibly, just to speculate, to register with the security centre programs have to stick within a range of privs and those privs exclude turning off the FW.

However we are probing in the background to see if there is not some way. If you would be kind enough to create another topic which deals with the issue of how this can be done programmatically, we may be able to make progress.

Kind regards

Mouse
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:18:36 AM by mouse1 »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2016, 04:46:26 AM »

Very sorry you are having this problem.

This look like an incomplete installation to me. Would you be kind enough to disable any other security programs, reboot, then try downloading, uninstalling, rebooting and installing again?

If that does not work please report a bug in the bug forum.

Kind regards
Mouse
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 05:18:10 AM by mouse1 »

Offline Karniaris

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2016, 05:20:53 AM »
If you are using Win 10 click with the right mouse button on start and open "network connections". In the new window you should see various netword adapters. One is called "tap windows adapter v9". Open this one and select properties. There you should see the entry "comodo firewall driver".

Which language does your windows have?
I use WIN7 in german. May I disable the comodo firewall driver? I have no firewall ???

Offline z0mbak

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2016, 06:11:22 AM »
Sweet update. Classic skin looking great. Dear Comodo team, thanks a lot for all your hard work, we appreciate it. Thanks.

PS: this "Unblock Application" feature is not perfect. Example: we blocked some app with Firewall, now we might find the app in "Unblock Application" list. If we pressing "Unblock", then we got this app (possibly malicious) on the Firewall's applications list with all activity (in/out bound!!!) allowed. Thats totally wrong...
IMHO, all that the "Unblock Application" feature must do when releasing the application from it's "cage" is to DROP the app to unknown state and wait for next users choice on this app. Am i right? You say me...

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2016, 09:00:32 AM »
Sweet update. Classic skin looking great. Dear Comodo team, thanks a lot for all your hard work, we appreciate it. Thanks.

PS: this "Unblock Application" feature is not perfect. Example: we blocked some app with Firewall, now we might find the app in "Unblock Application" list. If we pressing "Unblock", then we got this app (possibly malicious) on the Firewall's applications list with all activity (in/out bound!!!) allowed. Thats totally wrong...
IMHO, all that the "Unblock Application" feature must do when releasing the application from it's "cage" is to DROP the app to unknown state and wait for next users choice on this app. Am i right? You say me...

youre wrong. the hole idea of that option is so users can have a simple way of "trusting" files... if you are going to trust an file that you dont know, its your problem.. :P be carefuly with what you know and what you dont know and let cis do its job..

Offline z0mbak

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2016, 09:38:02 AM »
[at]vitim: i'm not sure you get it... unblock doesn't mean allow.
I'm horrified by thinking about what going to be happend if i'll press unblock for the app, which was blocked by Antivirus...
I think the app must encrypt all the data and send the successfull report to it's command center, since the file was "unblocked"...

Offline plywood99

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2016, 10:26:18 AM »
Thanks very much for the feedback ubuysa. I think we all agree this is inconvenient, but the feedback we are getting is that Comodo cannot do this programmatically or are advised not to on Win 7+. I am not sure exactly how this works, possibly, just to speculate, to register with the security centre programs have to stick within a range of privs and those privs exclude turning off the FW.

However we are probing in the background to see if there is not some way. If you would be kind enough to create another topic which deals with the issue of how this can be done programmatically, we may be able to make progress.

Kind regards

Mouse

This is an issue Comodo has never truly addressed going on 4 years now.
Note: https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cis/cant-install-or-update-metro-apps-windows-8-t88582.0.html;msg778823#msg778823
From late 2012...

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:46 AM »
Hello patrice58,

Could you please kindly fill in a bug report or give us more details to understand the root cause of your issue ?

Thank you very much in advance !

Kind Regards
Buket

Sure I have a Windows 7 notebook all security updates installed. Fresh install of CIS 10 and I saw the GUI issue immediately in the setup menus but I continued on to complete the installation. When I saw the issue pictured on my last post. I tried a new fresh installation but that has not fixed the issue.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:25:03 PM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline patrice58

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:07 AM »
Very sorry you are having this problem.

This look like an incomplete installation to me. Would you be kind enough to disable any other security programs, reboot, then try downloading, uninstalling, rebooting and installing again?

If that does not work please report a bug in the bug forum.

Kind regards
Mouse

If it's a incomplete installation then that's strange as the only security I have had on my machine is from Comodo and I have uninstalled that to instill CIS 10. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you.  Tried a clean reinstall but I still have the above issue.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 04:26:59 PM by patrice58 »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek