Author Topic: Please Update Browsers  (Read 3296 times)

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
Please Update Browsers
« on: December 17, 2016, 05:16:15 AM »
May I ask why Dragon and Chromodo are still on version 52 whereas Chrome is now on 56. Why the large gap?

:'(
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 11:43:33 AM by Graham1 »
Ubuntu 18.04 LTS | Chromium | uBlock Origin | Privacy Badger | HTTPS Everywhere
https://www.thevenusproject.com | Beyond Politics Poverty and War

Offline Ville H.

• Finnish hard rock music with a punky twist!
Re: Please Update Browsers
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Second this ^

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 03:13:58 PM »
Comodo hired people for browsers.. even in past to speed up the update process and catch the other rivals!!

See the EricJH posts
https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cd/comodo-chromium-secure-361-is-now-available-for-download-t107127.0.html;msg783398#msg783398

It was from 2 years ago  :-TD Comodo still trying to speed up the update process of browsers..and updates are always way behind.
Even new CID 50 released but Firefox 51 will be ready in a week. You guys have to admit that
"You were out-dated, you are out-dated..and you will be out-dated in the future"
..Sorry but facts  :-TD :-\
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »
I still think Comodo should concentrate on one browser only. Be it Chromium or Firefox based (which ever is the most secure). Rather than trying to catch up (version based), create your own numbering system (like Vivaldi). If Chromium is the most secure browser, ask Firefox users why they use Firefox and add these features into Dragon/Chromodo. I believe Comodo's browser strength is in it's extensions. This will set it apart from the other players and if your want browser awareness, make these extensions available for other web browsers. Comodo have some amazing developers, make their job easier by supporting one browser.

:)

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 05:02:14 PM »
I still think Comodo should concentrate on one browser only. Be it Chromium or Firefox based (which ever is the most secure). Rather than trying to catch up (version based), create your own numbering system (like Vivaldi). If Chromium is the most secure browser, ask Firefox users why they use Firefox and add these features into Dragon/Chromodo. I believe Comodo's browser strength is in it's extensions. This will set it apart from the other players and if your want browser awareness, make these extensions available for other web browsers. Comodo have some amazing developers, make their job easier by supporting one browser.

Actually (most of the mods do not like my statements about browsers)
Comodo browsers are just advertisements, sorry.
There is no differences between Chromium and Comodo Dragon but names. and Comodo implement Comodo DNS into browser.
I do not like the Comodo DNS performance but I can use the Comodo DNS with my other browsers when I applied DNS to windows.
Comodo browsers still uses Google SafeBrowsing API like Google Chrome which is another browser based on Chromium.

Does Dragon disable 3rd party cookies by default? NO!
Does Dragon disable predict services of Google by default? NO!
Does Dragon default extensions are security related? Most of them NO, Only 2 extensions are security related. HTTPS Enforcement and WebRTC leak preventer.

Comodo still add "shop" extensions like Chinese browser..Hey guys you are a security company?

I can do these on Google Chrome with better ways. HTTPS Everywhere and Webrtc Leak Prevent extensions.

I see no point to use Comodo Dragon with out-dated core which always have un-patched known security holes.

Use other browser which is better on developing browsers, believe me Google Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi these are better than Comodo Dragon even we talk about security. Opera is best at blocking malicious website without using Google Safebrowsing API. Opera blocking ads with built-in adblocker.

Yeah we know Comodo have adblockers, why browser developer do not use the Comodo adblockers in Comodo browsers?
We all know ads are spreading malwares or exploits.

Please tell me which is more secure browser now?
Comodo Dragon or Opera ? Tell me with your honesty.

Comodo have 3 browser..I can accept 2. One for Firefox guys, one for Chrome guys.
But Why Comodo created 2 same browser? Chromodo & Dragon?

I still did not hear a noticable reason to create a new browser while you already have out-dated ones.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:05:25 PM by yigido »
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 05:52:53 PM »
Actually (most of the mods do not like my statements about browsers)

I know but the fact that you post about this, shows deep down, you still have passion for a better Comodo browser :) but I do agree with you.

Comodo browsers are just advertisements, sorry.

Sort of agree but they just need to be kept up-to-date. If it's too much work for three browsers (I don't know the size of teams involved), then surely it's better to update and work on one browser.

There is no differences between Chromium and Comodo Dragon but names. and Comodo implement Comodo DNS into browser.

I cannot see the difference either. They seem very similar to me.

I do not like the Comodo DNS performance but I can use the Comodo DNS with my other browsers when I applied DNS to windows.
Comodo browsers still uses Google SafeBrowsing API like Google Chrome which is another browser based on Chromium.

Comodo DNS does at times (for me) stop working, so I have to revert back to the ISP but overall, I'm happy with the service.

Does Dragon disable 3rd party cookies by default? NO!
Does Dragon disable predict services of Google by default? NO!
Does Dragon default extensions are security related? Most of them NO, Only 2 extensions are security related. HTTPS Enforcement and WebRTC leak preventer.

Agree. For non techie's, these should be disabled for a security based browser. Web inspector is a nice addition.

Comodo still add "shop" extensions like Chinese browser..Hey guys you are a security company?

Not sure what you mean by this ???

I can do these on Google Chrome with better ways. HTTPS Everywhere and Webrtc Leak Prevent extensions.

True but it's a nice touch if Comodo focus on security based extensions.

I see no point to use Comodo Dragon with out-dated core which always have un-patched known security holes.

Agree, hence my post. One version behind is acceptable (if not left for too long) but three, I feel that is not good :'(

Use other browser which is better on developing browsers, believe me Google Chrome, Opera, Vivaldi these are better than Comodo Dragon even we talk about security. Opera is best at blocking malicious website without using Google Safebrowsing API. Opera blocking ads with built-in adblocker.

I have to admit, Opera has caught my eye with it's ad blocking by default. I've always liked Opera but always seem to have problems when updating. Vivaldi seems like a decent browser too but it's appearance puts me off (I know what you are going to say).

Yeah we know Comodo have adblockers, why browser developer do not use the Comodo adblockers in Comodo browsers?
We all know ads are spreading malwares or exploits.

Again, only one should be available (supporting the best parts, security wise, of each) and I would have thought, should have been included by default.

Please tell me which is more secure browser now?
Comodo Dragon or Opera ? Tell me with your honesty.

At the moment, Opera (being based on v55)

Comodo have 3 browser..I can accept 2. One for Firefox guys, one for Chrome guys.
But Why Comodo created 2 same browser? Chromodo & Dragon?

I agree.

I still did not hear a noticable reason to create a new browser while you already have out-dated ones.

I'm not asking for a new browser, just continue development on either a chrome/firefox based browser (which ever is the most secure)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:56:53 PM by Graham1 »

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 07:26:01 PM »
Why the large gap?
1. Trying to copy-paste doesn't work that easy, changes in code might have been a bit tricky.
2. Developers on break, long break, or lack of developers.
3. Implementing new features.
4. Fixing old features or updating them.

Might have more reasons that I couldn't think of.
Until then, take your pick out of the 4.

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 04:36:27 AM »
1. Trying to copy-paste doesn't work that easy, changes in code might have been a bit tricky.
2. Developers on break, long break, or lack of developers.
3. Implementing new features.
4. Fixing old features or updating them.

Might have more reasons that I couldn't think of.
Until then, take your pick out of the 4.

Comodo did say that they would release Dragon before Chrome which they managed a few times in their earlier builds. I don't think anyone would expect this but to be taken seriously, I feel the code base shouldn't be too old when rival browsers (i.e Opera, Vivaldi, etc) are managing to keep up.

Offline megamanx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 05:39:10 AM »
Comodo did say that they would release Dragon before Chrome which they managed a few times in their earlier builds. I don't think anyone would expect this but to be taken seriously, I feel the code base shouldn't be too old when rival browsers (i.e Opera, Vivaldi, etc) are managing to keep up.

I don't know if Comodo has access to the Official Stable Release before Chrome is released to the public, but I usually think that releasing before Chrome releases its browser means that the builds are based off the last BETA. Most take a week after release, if not a few days, to make releases based on Chrome/Chromium. Then, again, Chromium's release could come earlier, for sure.

Yes, they shouldn't be that behind but it reverts right back to my 4 guesses stated in my previous reply. Of course, they are probably beating themselves over it, if they haven't cancelled the project yet.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 05:43:24 AM by megamanx »

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 06:19:11 AM »
I don't know if Comodo has access to the Official Stable Release before Chrome is released to the public, but I usually think that releasing before Chrome releases its browser means that the builds are based off the last BETA. Most take a week after release, if not a few days, to make releases based on Chrome/Chromium. Then, again, Chromium's release could come earlier, for sure.

Yes, they shouldn't be that behind but it reverts right back to my 4 guesses stated in my previous reply. Of course, they are probably beating themselves over it, if they haven't cancelled the project yet.

It also doesn't help that Chromium versions are released every month or two. So in reality, Dragon/Chromodo are only 3-6 months behind. Maybe it's best to break away from trying to catch up all the time and go with their own numbering system. The fact that they are supporting 3 browsers makes me think they have developers (how many, I don't know) but would be better placed (I feel) creating the ultimate browser. Comodo have achieved this with CIS and I have no doubt that can achieve this for other products they develop.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 12:26:18 PM »
It might be better use of your time starting a topic a new topic about Comodo browser :)

As far as updating, as usual when it is ready :)

This subject has been brought up numerous times virtually since they release these browsers :)

Can they update it earlier, Can they just do one browser, Can they do it a different way, and numerous other Can's :)

If you intend to pursue this Topic I will do my best to find them all and merge them all :)

Thank you

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 04:14:19 PM »
It might be better use of your time starting a topic a new topic about Comodo browser :)

Isn't that what I did ???

As far as updating, as usual when it is ready :)

Yes, but Comodo is a security company which is based on trust. I've put my trust into Comodo to protect my PC and mobile but feel their browsers are letting the side down :'(.

This subject has been brought up numerous times virtually since they release these browsers :)

Being a security company, this is understandable though. I'm not asking for the browser to be released ahead of Chrome and can forgive one version behind.

Can they update it earlier, Can they just do one browser, Can they do it a different way, and numerous other Can's :)

What I find frustrating is that there are three browsers available, two which are almost identical, both three versions behind.

If you intend to pursue this Topic I will do my best to find them all and merge them all :)

Thank you

Dennis

If you want to do this, I don't mind :). It feels like you are pushing the problem under the carpet though.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:15:55 PM by Graham1 »

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2016, 04:30:20 PM »
Many popular browsers maintained by "1" person. Yes only "ONE"..

Cyberfox is great Firefox-based browser and there is only "one" developer. They updates the Cyberfox at the same day of Firefox release day. At worst, updates come yesterdays.
Comodo should find such "addicted" guys  :-TU

Comodo should find such guys and give them facilities to work on Comodo browsers. Believe me they will do best!

But Comodo clearly shows that "do not care" about browsers.

They can do the best if they want we all know.

Comodo solved the infection and virus-malware problems on PCs.
and
Hey Comodo! People want fast, secure, stable, privacy oriented and user friendly browsers. Here your next goal!
You can achieve this with "Comodo Dragon"..It has great and famous name. You can do the users needs as I wrote above.

But remember, if Comodo wants  ;)
Right now, they have no interest on browsers. So right now, stay away from Comodo browser for your sake.
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2016, 05:18:55 PM »
Isn't that what I did ???
No, you are asking for a update not a completely new browser :)

Yes, but Comodo is a security company which is based on trust. I've put my trust into Comodo to protect my PC and mobile but feel their browsers are letting the side down :'(.
Is it a security risk, and if it is why is anyone using them :)

Being a security company, this is understandable though. I'm not asking for the browser to be released ahead of Chrome and can forgive one version behind.
It appears that is never going to happen :)

What I find frustrating is that there are three browsers available, two which are almost identical, both three versions behind.
The reason has been mention by a Staff member before if I find it will post link :)
If you want to do this, I don't mind :). It feels like you are pushing the problem under the carpet though.

Not really if I locked the Topic you could say it was :)

But as I have no intention of doing that, or any of the other Moderators, just trying to tell you in a polite way you are wasting your time.

As for comments by another member who has posted in numerous other topics should really know better.

Now going back to updating browsers, it will happen when they are ready not before.

If you are hoping a Staff member is going to reply, sorry it is not going to happen, well excluding one certain Staff member :)

Thank you

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.5 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 28 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline Graham1

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 05:38:13 AM »
Now going back to updating browsers, it will happen when they are ready not before.

If you are hoping a Staff member is going to reply, sorry it is not going to happen, well excluding one certain Staff member :)

Ok, I'm going to finish this thread by saying that I don't want a new browser, just the current ones updated. My original post was simply to ask why Dragon/Chromodo were still on v52. I see no reason why a member of staff/developer couldn't answer that. An honest answer would do just fine. Regarding the other member, I agree with what he has to say.

Anyhow, a Merry Christmas to everyone and we'll see what 2017 brings ;D

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek