Author Topic: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon  (Read 268028 times)

Offline ezekial52787

Re: New Ideas for Comodo Dragon
« Reply #630 on: November 16, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
Just promises and not actions  >:-D
Why don't you release the schedule of Comodo Browsers' release calendar? and maybe your roadmap?

from 2015
April 2015
and CEO said "after 42 release we can release browser on time88)
Comodo hired new developers to solve the update's stall but ... (it is in 2015)
So.. we used to hear promises.. People just want an up-to-date, secure and privacy oriented browsers.
But I have no more faith on this.
Use improving browsers guys! Just my 2 cent

Hell, even within these two years Firefox has made leaps and bounds to improve browser security and privacy. They made a mobile browser that is completely 100% privacy based, and at the same time simple to used. They also made the latest firefox capable of using strict privacy protection WITHOUT having to be in private browsing mode, so you don't have to re-log into everything every time you close your browser. On top of that, Opera Browser, for awhile now has included a built in VPN into their browser, so Comodo is really out of the loop here. I also just remembered as I type this that for awhile now firefox has built in functionality to warn you about weak SSL connections, and that's built in, so they don't need an add-on. I think comodo may be a little too ambitious when in comes to creating products. They have a significantly bigger catalog than most anti-virus companies, which I think causes them to be bogged down since they have to keep them all going, and this I believe is why they are slacking so much on updating and improving many of their applications, which includes comodo dragon and Ice Dragon.

Offline jay2007tech

• Malware Research Group
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #631 on: January 27, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
how about a "Anti-CoinMiner"  feature

I think it would sweet if Comodo Dragon can block  crypto-currency mining tools embedded in websites.  Opera browser has one. I actually been to a few sites that had  the mining software hidden in the website.  It was sucking up my computer resources (like cpu, gpu, ram, etc)

What do you guys think?  It cant be a bad idea :)

It's hard being a crooked Admin when the files won't pass an md5checksum test.  But like any other good crooked Admin it can be done, it just takes time(and lots of it) and a few aspirins

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #632 on: January 28, 2018, 04:41:10 AM »

I think it would sweet if Comodo Dragon can block  crypto-currency mining tools embedded in websites.  Opera browser has one. I actually been to a few sites that had  the mining software hidden in the website.  It was sucking up my computer resources (like cpu, gpu, ram, etc)

Opera made it with their bulit-in adblocker feature. All adblockers updated their filters against coin-miner JS codes.
Comodo does not have an adblocker installed by default. PrivDog is dicontinued! The browser's codebase is old!
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline panic

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Linux is free only if your time is worthless.;-)
« Reply #633 on: January 28, 2018, 07:51:24 AM »

They're on it. The idea was passed to Melih in November or December. :-)

Cheers,
Ewen :-)

As your mums would say, "If you can't play nice with all the other kiddies, go home".
All users are asked to please read and abide by the  Comodo Forum Policy.
If you can't conform, don't use the forum.

Offline 2635599

« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2018, 08:48:06 AM »
how about bringing google translate directly from google chrome to comodo? it's far superior to the versions in the store.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek