Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 31.0 is now available for download  (Read 20206 times)

Offline dragonite7

Re: Comodo Dragon ver 31.0 is now available for download
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »
I just go ahead and delete all the extensions.

Offline legnakrad

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 10:51:04 PM »
How come no one noticed the overlapping of the User Switch button and Comodo Dragon button? (the top-leftmost buttons of the app, where you can switch users and go to options, etc.)

I can barely click the CB button if I pixel hunt for it.

Also there's this annoying spacing between the tab and the buttons

took a screenshot, hope you can fix it soon because it's pretty annoying

Hello

Same thing here (winxpsp3)

its's like 1/10 of wasted space. :/

tia

::edit::
it's also "reported" here

does this needs to be submitted in bug reports ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:00:31 PM by legnakrad »

Offline string_game

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 12:13:09 AM »
The download is taking too, too, too long.  Reported through current C.D. Browser is between 40 minutes and an hour for expected download of 46 MB size file.  The more recent previous versions had taken only about 2 or 3 minutes.  Something is not normal at the Comodo end.

(Actual time was about 25 minutes to download)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 12:32:30 AM by string_game »

Offline Litster25

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 01:08:23 AM »
Shouldn't we be able to change the web search setting from google to another search engine? Dunno why you went with google in the first place.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:07 AM »
Shouldn't we be able to change the web search setting from google to another search engine? Dunno why you went with google in the first place.

why cant you change it?

[attachment deleted by admin]
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline nellaiseemai

• Comodo Member
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 02:11:01 AM »
This is how I changed search engine on the drag&drop bar on Dragon.
Is there any easier way to do this.

To change google.ro to some other search engines.
Look for C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Comodo\Dragon\User Data\Default\Extensions\aneodkojaglhnkkdbbdnmmmgimlcaogo\1.0_0\scripts\content\classSearchFunc

and classRepository on the same folder.

Open this classSearchFunc in note pad and then replace google.ro with search engine of choice.

Relace "https:www.google.ro..."
http://www.bing.com/search?q=
for bing

https://www.google.com/#q=
for google

Thanks
nellaiseemai
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:17:35 AM by nellaiseemai »

Offline Eric-Jan H te A

• Comodo Member
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 06:08:27 AM »
Confronted with the "Drag and Drop" extension, I wondered: "Hmmm I did not install this".
- searched Google: Nothing
- searched Comodo: Nothing
- searched Comodo forum: Nothing
- read news/etc: finally success

Please introduce new features properly and do not let your users sitting in the dark

edited:
Me not finding anything was due to ill formatted search "drag drop" and not "drag&drop"/ But the search at Comodo itself still does not came up with relevant results. And a proper introduction still is required for a "safe" browser like Dragon
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:21:22 AM by Eric-Jan H te A »

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 06:22:42 AM »
Confronted with the "Drag and Drop" extension, I wondered: "Hmmm I did not install this".
- searched Google: Nothing
- searched Comodo: Nothing
- searched Comodo forum: Nothing
- read news/etc: finally success

Please introduce new features properly and do not let your users sitting in the dark
Hi Eric-Jan H te A,
It is just another Comodo browser feature that just so happens to be in the form of an extension, the first two posts of this topic explains what it is.

I am just wondering how to properly introduce new features other than include them in the software and post in the new release topic?

Thanks.

Offline Eric-Jan H te A

• Comodo Member
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 06:33:12 AM »
[at]captainsticks

Maybe a newsletter? And a descent feed for Google search where not so exact formulated searches turn up with relevant results.
And maybe not so paranoid users as myself ;D

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 06:46:48 AM »
[at]captainsticks

Maybe a newsletter? And a descent feed for Google search where not so exact formulated searches turn up with relevant results.
And maybe not so paranoid users as myself ;D
Thank you Eric-Jan H te A,
It is only new to Dragon, it will eventually become more known in the future and then searches should net results.

Newsletters, yes Comodo seem to have ceased sending email newsletters for unknown reasons. :(

BTW: I only seen your edit for reply 36 after I posted reply 37. :)

Kind regards.

Offline fungus303

• Comodo's Hero
win 10 x64 enterprise - i5 quad core - 16gb ram - ssd 120gb - amd r9 280 3gb

Offline w33d3r

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 07:46:43 AM »
I am just wondering how to properly introduce new features other than include them in the software and post in the new release topic?

Having the installer tell you it is installing more than just the browser - Especially now that it has an auto update feature ( which has proven in past versions to be a pain in the proverbial when the comodo programmers get it wrong occasionally leaving everyone with a version of the browser they would rather go back to the previous version .. which is no longer available .. thats the main reason I do not allow your auto updates, and even more recently stealth introduction of features like CMS )

.. with tick boxes and a brief description of what the feature does, to disable them at install time would be the best option IMHO

It already asks if you would like Adobe Flash thankfully so that we can un-tick the most prevalent spyware on the planet

It already asks if you would like Comodo Secure DNS ( which I do use, but it is nice to have the option at install )

Why cant it do the same for all the rest

Recently it seems options to disable new additions are either by the Extensions or Plugins page if you know where they are, or by setting a registry entry to disable one of them.
When will we ever know if that registry key is no longer required ???

And I think the installer should also respect any previous decision - If you have already installed Dragon, and an update comes along to overwrite your installation, any previous selections should be sticky ( probably by having the installer set registry keys which can be checked for by the installer on each subsequent run, and set accordingly )

Personally I would also like to see the installer clean up any previous stealth introductions :

For example CMS, all of your users were "gifted" the feature automatically, without the installer notifying them

If a future installer allows you to deselect CMS, then it should also clear out the previous stealth installation of that feature ( and possibly any redundant registry keys ).
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 07:54:18 AM by w33d3r »

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 08:01:19 AM »
I think they might be changing the Comodo Message Center, I just did a clean install of Windows and installed Comodo Dragon and the "EnableMessageCenter" registry key already had the value "00" without me having to change it, or maybe it was carried over through the sync when I logged in?
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline w33d3r

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 08:07:26 AM »
~ or maybe it was carried over through the sync when I logged in?
Ooh yes : And if that is the case, the installer should also cater for people who do not use any sign in / cloud based features / sync ( I regard these bright ideas as potentially storage the NSA for example can easily access without a by-your-leave ).

Offline axispara

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 10:31:35 AM »
I have some bugs, printing displays the new tools down the sides and upsets print format  >:(
Switching to explorer!!! (help) til fixed.. use it all the time so not something i can live with

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek