Author Topic: Comodo Dragon ver 26.0 is now available for download  (Read 17293 times)

Offline Cyberfox007

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Dragon ver 26.0 is now available for download
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2013, 08:07:38 PM »
Not to be snarky but does anyone actually test these before releasing them?  It seems like each successive release has more bugs than the previous release.  Now I cannot play any facebook apps and from what I have read here it's another flash problem.  Very disappointed in this release.

Offline Several-GHM

• Comodo Family Member
  • I'm From Taiwan!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2013, 01:18:30 AM »
I like lightstep

You maintain very good Comodo Dragon

Seems to have corrected "FLASH" bug

Thank you very much!
| Windows XP Pro SP3; Admin | I like using: Comodo Dragon & Google Chrome | Hopes everybody happy joyful |

Offline Mark1

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2013, 02:09:05 AM »
Uff, Youtube videos embedded in Google Sites won't play. I hope they fix it because I can't install Pepperflash.

also videos embedded on forums (like vb,ipb) doesn't work !
On html5test it scores 468 AND 9 BONUS POINTS out of a total of 500 points which is current record :)

Offline Ronny

• Retired - Product Translator
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Retired - Volunteer Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2013, 03:39:16 AM »
after updating to version 26.0.2.0, youtube videos posted on facebook
  after doing play no longer have access to them lock, music plays but you can not put forward or stop the video
I have also experienced issues with flash based objects that don't respond to flash 'buttons'. You can click them but it won't do anything.
Retired - Volunteer Moderator
Any concerns? Please send me a PM or review the Forum Policy -  update Jan 3rd 2013!

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2013, 04:56:50 AM »
Unfortunately some of these persistent flash issues are being followed over from the Chromium base IMO.

Offline doit686868

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2013, 05:44:36 AM »
The flash issue is also present in flash based games. I am a member of pogo.com and none of the flash games work. They will load, but I am unable to interact with them. downgraded to 25.2 until a patch is sorted

Offline lightstep

• Comodo Dragon Developer
  • Comodo Staff
  • Comodo Loves me
  • Comodo Dragon developer
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2013, 10:33:18 AM »
Bugs with Flash are coming from Chromium base. We basically need to wait until those problems are fixed in Chromium.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2013, 12:09:58 PM »
Have you informed them about these issues?

Offline kef71

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 12:11:50 PM »
What happened to the http pipelining option?  ???

Offline JoWa

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • I believe in doubt.
    • Evolutionary history of life
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 01:14:42 PM »
A user at another reported that the master password is not compatible with the option “Continue running background apps when Comodo Dragon is closed”. Can that be fixed? Thanks. :)
Ubuntu 18.10 | Chrome 70β | HTTPS Everywhere | Privacy Badger
Forum Policy | Comodo Product Help

Offline Cyberfox007

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 01:49:20 PM »
Unfortunately some of these persistent flash issues are being followed over from the Chromium base IMO.

I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  I was using Cool Novo for a short time and there were no flash issues in that.  Plus, many more people use Chrome than CD and the WEB is heavily flash dependent...if it wasn't working in Chromium that would have already been fixed.  Chrome Development is currently on 27. 

Offline Richey

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2013, 02:45:58 PM »
Cyberfox007 is right. Now I'm checking Chromium v26.0.1410.12 and there are no problems.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2013, 05:06:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's not the case.  I was using Cool Novo for a short time and there were no flash issues in that.  Plus, many more people use Chrome than CD and the WEB is heavily flash dependent...if it wasn't working in Chromium that would have already been fixed.  Chrome Development is currently on 27. 
Hi Cyberfox007,
I still believe some are followed, I agree not all issues though. :)

Chrome relies on Pepperflash which does not seem effected, so any standard Flash issues won't necessarily be priority.

Offline w33d3r

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2013, 05:24:20 PM »
People answer me a question please ..

Why do you use Comodo Dragon ?

Personally I use it because its really good for Security and Privacy,

Those two reasons I believe are the main reasons Comodo take the open source Chromium, and fashion it into the version we know and love, so that we can be more secure online, and have less concerns about privacy invasive mechanisms

Agreed ?

So why is Flash ( or even Pepperflash ) such a deal breaker if it does not work.

Consider that Adobe's flash is even more invasive on the privacy front than anything google does.

And pepperflash is googles 'tamed' version, but still with a good range of abilities for google to take advantage of too.

Lets get back to concentrating on the primary purposes of this browser, and please cease the incessant nagging about privacy invasive software compatability.

Unless your purpose for participating here is just to taint the waters of a Privacy respecting browser.

Adobes Stepford wives :)

If you want a fully functioning flash - You may aswell be using Googles Chrome yes ?, or do you believe that there is nothing wrong with flash because it is so pervasive, so 'trusted' by the internet, a billion and one users cant all be numpties right ?  88), the power of default options on the 'click yes' happy crowd eh.

---------------------------------

To the re-programmers of Chromium : Thank you once again for a marvellous update, continuing to keep apace the Chromium developments and tailoring it for our Security and Privacy.

One request I have is : Could the "Show Advanced Settings .." be set to show by default in Dragon, as opposed to googles idea of burying the main event options as far as we are concerned ?

It kind of irks me that users still have to go digging up the most valuable features of this fork of the chromium code.

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2013, 06:32:33 PM »
People answer me a question please ..

Why do you use Comodo Dragon ?

Personally I use it because its really good for Security and Privacy,

Those two reasons I believe are the main reasons Comodo take the open source Chromium, and fashion it into the version we know and love, so that we can be more secure online, and have less concerns about privacy invasive mechanisms

Agreed ?

So why is Flash ( or even Pepperflash ) such a deal breaker if it does not work.

Consider that Adobe's flash is even more invasive on the privacy front than anything google does.

And pepperflash is googles 'tamed' version, but still with a good range of abilities for google to take advantage of too.

Lets get back to concentrating on the primary purposes of this browser, and please cease the incessant nagging about privacy invasive software compatability.

Unless your purpose for participating here is just to taint the waters of a Privacy respecting browser.

Adobes Stepford wives :)

If you want a fully functioning flash - You may aswell be using Googles Chrome yes ?, or do you believe that there is nothing wrong with flash because it is so pervasive, so 'trusted' by the internet, a billion and one users cant all be numpties right ?  88), the power of default options on the 'click yes' happy crowd eh.

---------------------------------

To the re-programmers of Chromium : Thank you once again for a marvellous update, continuing to keep apace the Chromium developments and tailoring it for our Security and Privacy.

One request I have is : Could the "Show Advanced Settings .." be set to show by default in Dragon, as opposed to googles idea of burying the main event options as far as we are concerned ?

It kind of irks me that users still have to go digging up the most valuable features of this fork of the chromium code.
I won't use a browser that doesn't support Flash except for specialized uses. When Flash is no longer the dominant force in web video  it will be a different story.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek