Author Topic: Comodo Dragon v57.0.2987.92 is now available for download.  (Read 6129 times)

Offline Dragon1952

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Dragon v57.0.2987.92 is now available for download.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 10:12:54 AM »
I have used chrome 64 for years and it works much better than chrome 32 did, especially if you have a lot of extensions that have to start up.

Offline Richard Allen

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2017, 12:51:59 PM »
What are the results when disabling use hardware acceleration?

"What are the results..." LOL The GPU gets a break when using Comodo Dragon because hardware acceleration is currently just wishful thinking. I added the Windows Task Manager and GPU-Z to the screenshots. With 'hardware acceleration disabled' dropped frames were slightly higher in the 1st screenshot of this post but that is just a variation between runs. CPU usage and GPU load were unchanged. YouTube 1080p 60fps video when viewed in Dragon, using the full-browser player size, the dropped frames are consistently in the mid 700 range in 2 minutes of video play, with or without hardware acceleration, on my hardware. 2nd and 3rd screenshots are theater mode, Magic Actions enabled, hardware acceleration enabled. Dragon does much better in theater mode with dropped frames but Chrome does better with the full-browser player size, weird. Performance wise, with the high CPU usage and low GPU load, in all player sizes, hardware acceleration enabled or disabled, v57 is just wrong! The Horror! The Shame! ;)

Running: Win7 Pro x64, Core i-5 [at] 3.2-3.4GHz, 16GB ram, Sandisk Extreme Pro 240GB ssd (OS), WD Black 1TB hdd (Data), GTX 750Ti SC.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:16:02 PM by Richard Allen »

Offline Richard Allen

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2017, 01:08:31 PM »
Ive Downgraded using the official installer hosted at : https://ufile.io/nzdys (Version 55)
Anyone can try replicating the issue by first upgrading to 57 then downgrade using the installer file

Question? Did you also uninstall your profile folder or leave it there when you installed the older version? I've never had any luck reverting a chromium browser from a major version update to an older one. It has just never worked, for me. I have always ended up with some lingering bugs. I would do a 'clean' uninstall, which means getting rid of your profile folder. If you use sync then getting a clean install going won't be a huge deal. Install browser, sign into sync, setup your extensions, hint > some extensions let you make a back-up of the user settings, check your browser settings to verify some aren't missing, redo your chrome flags if you use any.  5-15 minutes total. 

If you don't use sync... you have LOTS more work to do. Save a copy of your profile folder to the desktop or wherever so that some of the files can be re-used. Install the browser, open and close it. Look inside your old saved profile folder and find the 'Default' folder, inside that you'll see a bunch of folders, and there will also be some files that don't have extension names: Bookmarks, Favicons, Login Data (passwords), Preferences, and many others. I've only ever tried using the Bookmarks, Favicons and Login Data files which worked fine. Copy/paste the files from the old into the new profile folder. My thinking is that the more files/folders that get re-used from the old profile, the more likely it is of re-introducing some bugs into what was a clean install. So...choose wisely. Total time? Pack a lunch! Just kidding! Good Luck!

Offline dwchiou

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2017, 01:04:56 PM »
It used to be working, but with v57, I now can't run Dragon in virtual mode either by selecting "Switch to virtual mode" from the Dragon's drop-down menu (which opens a new tab saying "Install Comodo Internet Security to enable Virtual Mode") or by clicking the Dragon icon on the CIS desktop widget (which works fine with Chrome and IE though).

However, I can still run Dragon in virtual mode from the CIS's "Run Virtual" functionality.

Anyone know how to fix this glitch?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 01:18:45 PM by dwchiou »

Offline Ploget

• Comodo's Hero
  • 'Your best teacher, is your last mistake'
    • Traditional Protection
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 01:24:43 PM »
It used to be working, but with v57, I now can't run Dragon in virtual mode either by selecting "Switch to virtual mode" from the Dragon's drop-down menu (which opens a new tab saying "Install Comodo Internet Security to enable Virtual Mode") or by clicking the Dragon icon on the CIS desktop widget (which works fine with Chrome and IE though).

However, I can still run Dragon in virtual mode from the CIS's "Run Virtual" functionality.

Anyone know how to fix this glitch?

See here: https://forums.comodo.com/help-cd/dragon-will-not-run-in-containment-from-the-widget-t119392.0.html;msg858418;topicseen#msg858418
Ploget
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
'If you think you are too small to make a difference; try sleeping with a Mosquito'

Offline dwchiou

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
I have the same problem. An example is when I middle-click to LinkedIn links in email newsletters via inbox.google.com

Edit: Actually every link that I mid-click in the emails via inbox.google.com gets stuck. I always have to copy the address, open a new tab and paste&go.

A workaround solution is to disable "hardware acceleration". Give it a try!

Offline dmktracker

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2017, 02:15:11 AM »
turned off hardware acceleration for flash and it really didn't make much difference.  nothing is rendering properly and bits/pieces stick around long after they should be gone.   it's actually worse without the acceleration.

any fix available???

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2017, 12:48:56 PM »
Looks like a new version is available was notified of an update maybe a hotfix for issues with video playback and hardware acceleration.

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek