Comodo Dragon 64Bit

Will there ever be a native 64bit CD broswer in the upcoming future?

Not until the Chromium creates one. 64-bit Chromium builds are available for everything but Windows.

Thanks for the reply, but I got a sneaking suspicion that it will be sometime soon as a lot of makers of laptops/desktops etc…, are shipping them out with 64bit pre-loaded now… lot more users of the 64bit OS than there ever was and growing.

So hopefully it will be done. :slight_smile:

There’s no true need for it now, especially since the 32-bit version works fine on a 64-bit OS such as Windows 7. What’s holding Chromium back is its video codec and JavaScript engine coupled with no native Flash (evil plugin) in 64-bit editions.

There is a 64 bit flash now but still no sign of a 64 bit Dragon

“Now,” he says. 64-bit Flash has been around for a while, but that does not mean that we need a 32-bit browser. Most users don’t even take advantage of the 64-bit architecture, except gamers and enthusiast(video creators, etc.).

he said native flash I guess meaning the version of flash that comes in Chrome

necroing topic, apologies, but, there now has been an x64 model of both chrome and firefox now for quite awhile, so, any plans to implement x64 models of CD and ID?

Comodo is working on a 64 bits version of Dragon but there is no ETA. That’s all we know.

New X64 Beta version released. See Beta board.

Eric

Thanks Eric.

For convenience of the interested: Comodo Dragon v63.0.3239.108 (64-bit) BETA is now available for download

any eta on when we can expect comodo dragon 64 bit? between the newest firefox and comodo dragon it’s a tossup which is faster. i like comodo cause i can use duckietv in it. but from a security view point firefox being 64 bit versus comodo’s 32 bit is more secure.

https://forums.comodo.com/beta-corner-cd/comodo-dragon-v6303239108-64bit-beta-is-now-available-for-download-t121728.0.html

Also Dragon is based on Chrome not Firefox.

while i thank you for the link to the 64bit beta do not ever again imply something i didn’t say or imply. thanks for your understanding.

Are you referring to the connection futuretech understood between FF and Dragon? I also understood your comment like that.

there was no way anyone got that i was saying comodo is based on firefox from my post.

actually it’s deliberately taking what i posted out of context that is the problem. it’s tacky, tasteless, AND rude.

This topic served its purpose and will be closed.