Stories of heroism and victory....against malware using KillSwitch :)

Hi Guys

We would love to see/hear/watch stories of how you used KillSwitch to slay the nasty malware dragon. We want to see the power of KillSwitch in action…pls post here with whatever you can …video…screenshots…drawing…stone tablets…whatever…:slight_smile:

thanks

Melih

i am still waiting on languys review maybe someone can make a review?

Ok. How or where can I get killswitch?

What’s this about?

“This is a private BETA and must not be used for any other purpose than testing. It can contain serious bugs and must be used only by community members. Please do NOT distribute it outside this forum as it is not intended for end-users even for testing purposes.”

ummm… if you asking were the download information and what it does it’s right here in this thread.

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo-cleaning-essentials-cce-killswitch/comodo-cleaning-essentials-1117429427-beta-ready-t66867.0.html

problem right now is dacs is overloaded and not giving answers. That will basically make the coolest part of CCE impossible to show how it works. Once they bring it back online and working good a review will be coming.

I was looking for a stand-alone Killswitch download but I’ve gone cold on the idea since reading that thread.

Sweet, I have the first story here,
Oddly enough It wasn’t too much about malware (In this Case), it was more about what the computer is doing this very second and figuring out why the computer was slow as hell.

It was a Vista computer that barely meet the real world requirement to run it (not the microsoft requirements)
This computer was running 3 different IM software at once, it was using Norton(trial period) a few toolbars (it went 3 rows deep) :-TD. With all kinds of online and offline games

The first thing I did was run Comodo system cleaner and ccleaner to get some of the obvious ■■■■ out. Next was to get rid of all the IM softwares to be replaced with a lightweight all-in-one IM called “Pigion”
For those that never heard of Pigion, It’s a open-source all-in-one IM (because it’s open source, NO Spyware)

Pidgin is a chat program which lets you log in to accounts on multiple chat networks simultaneously. This means that you can be chatting with friends on MSN, talking to a friend on Google Talk, and sitting in a Yahoo chat room all at the same time.

Pidgin runs on Windows, Linux, and other UNIX operating systems.

Pidgin is compatible with the following chat networks out of the box: AIM, ICQ, Google Talk, Jabber/XMPP, MSN Messenger, Yahoo!, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, IRC, Novell GroupWise Messenger, QQ, Lotus Sametime, SILC, SIMPLE, MySpaceIM, and Zephyr. It can support many more with plugins.

After installing Pigion, got all the plug-ins that they wanted for their new Instant Messenger and or needed

Lauched up “KillSwitch”, things were finally looking better

Next all the toolbars got to go except 1 of them, The one toolbar had some convent features on it, so that stayed. I got rid of Nortan and put Comodo on

lauched up KillSwitch again

Sweet, it’s looking good

So I changed some things, so it has to run manual insead of always running it tweak it a bit

So overall, I’m very happy with it. I’m giving it the five star rating
(:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*) (:s*)

Nice one Jay2007tech :wink: thanks for sharing it…

any more?

Hi … :wink:

test file Infected by sality

This video illustrates the test performance … Comodo Cleaning Essentials

Does not bring anything more or less than whatever other process manager, and does not chain a given process to the software/plugin/utility it cames from (all of the remote desktop, modem dial-up and server utilities in XP Pro are good examples).

Excepting malwares, these softwares allow to kill or delete some process or another.

But they would really be efficient only if coupled with some unused services utility, both from third-party software and from Windows itself (e.g. XPLite Pro and alike).

I didn’t know other process managers have the ability to verdict a file?
Can you pls show me which Process Manager have this ability? thanks

Here: http://www.anvir.com/

Not sure they have a whitelist like ours or have the ability to “show untrusted processes” only. (patented)…

But all the other thigs yes, and much more detailed, anyway how needs to hide the safe process if you can see the dangerous ones in red? or order them by column?. The idea of killswhich it’s not new, not even a bit, the only new thing is integrate multi av with a process manager, thats all.

I hate one thing about USA and is the ability of patent stupid things like “show untrusted processes only”

two different things

1)Identify whats bad (works if you know the malware and its in your db etc)
2)Identify whats bad thru “elimination”.

The way I would find a malware that AVs miss is thru this method.

So KillSwitch helps me identify by “reducing” the pool of processes I have to check by only showing “untrusted” processes…this, believe it or not, makes the whole process of fighting the malware much more managable and will (is) being appreciated by all the guys who clean malware day in day out.

Melih

Yes, ok but anvir do all those things they have a safe database and an AV database (bigger or little than comodo but the idea it’s the same), take a look: http://www.anvir.com/programs-overview-task-manager.htm
download the trial version and take a look, maybe you can take some ideas.

It has exactly the same features than KillSwitch and much more the only difference is that they use 1 engine and KillSwitch +20

This is why Comodo need to do a Market research before release any app, to know what is already in the market and how to improve it, in this case, would be Hitman Pro and Anvir. And in the case of KillSwitch for at least dont claim something that you didn’t invented.

At least DACS is still out there, is not new but it’s revolutionary.

thanks for that lordraiden…very useful.

I can’t find the feature where you can show “only the untrusted processes in memory”.
can you pls point me to it…thank you for your help

Melih

They have the feature of plot with different colours depending on the file, and Killswitch doesn’t
So this is the core of killswich? “show only the untrusted processes in memory” jajajaja are you telling me that this is the super revolutionary technology the only and most important thing?

I can tell you several REAL features that killswich does not have and anvir yes and are quite useful for malware cleaning but is better if you install the program and check it by yourself, or at least read the features list.

You asked this:

I didn't know other process managers have the ability to verdict a file? Can you pls show me which Process Manager have this ability? thanks
And I told you anvir, so until you can prove the opposite like you rudely said to other forum member: Shut up! And don't change the topic to talk about a feature that nobody cares, at least nobody is talking about it, you are the only person metioning it over and over while you can simple order the process by verdict to get the same effect.

Ability to terminate all “untrusted processes”?

Anvir seems like a good task manager.

To me: ability to kill all “unknown” processes as long as you have a good whitelist offers a great feature.

Melih

Why I would want to kill any unknown process? very stupid option, maybe kill all the dangerous process option would be useful, and would be more intelligent, and maybe you can save a couple of seconds compared with anvir functionality, but thats all.