Author Topic: COMODO Cleaning Essentials ( Wishlist )  (Read 112748 times)

Offline UnKnown.??

• Comodo's Hero
  • Unknown Information
Re: COMODO Cleaning Essentials ( Wishlist )
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2011, 08:42:43 PM »
I wish it could be integrated in COMODO Internet Security for a more POWERFUL PROTECTION so CIS scheduled scanning can detect THOUSANDS of more threats (:WIN) ;)  :)  :love: :110: (:AGL)
Windows 7 Home Premium/Unknown Software/(?)/{?}/[?]/<?>

Offline Jacob

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:41 AM »
Howdy;

You've done excellent with CCE/KillSwitch....

Question, I know this is about taking on a already infected machine, thus that is why you have terminate this, kill this, remove this... but how about Run this in a secure enviroment (not a sandbox but more of a controlled enviroment where other process cannot terminate a ran application (that is run'd through killswitch" etc et

just my two cents
Thanks....Jake

Please Follow The Forum Rules!

Offline Chiron

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
Howdy;

You've done excellent with CCE/KillSwitch....

Question, I know this is about taking on a already infected machine, thus that is why you have terminate this, kill this, remove this... but how about Run this in a secure enviroment (not a sandbox but more of a controlled enviroment where other process cannot terminate a ran application (that is run'd through killswitch" etc et

just my two cents
Or even possibly, evaluate in:
http://forums.comodo.com/wishlist-cis/local-cima-t74473.0.html;msg531178#msg531178

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
CCE Cleaning Options
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2011, 01:55:22 PM »
When CCE detects something there are 3 options Clean, Ignore & Report/Submit.

Clean & Ignore are fine.

But Submit, currently it submits the files & then you have to exit the window.

I think after submitting it should be back to the result window so that if a user dont know if its a malware or FP first he can submit it & then quarantine it. And the quarantine should have a rescan option to know if it was FP.

Thanx
Naren

Offline UncleDoug

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2011, 02:42:26 PM »
There are several features I would like to be considered for upcoming releases of CCE !

1)  After a scan the Options box at the top just allows a user to select everything or nothing for each selection.  Allow a user to individually check each.

2)For False Positives and unknown Processes etc.  Provide a right click for the user to automatically send those files selected from the scan, to 2 or 3 sites to be analyzed and determined the status of each file. Again the user should have the ability to select which will be sent and where by a check mark.

3)  I am now using a DLink adapter and on reboot it does not load immediately, especially after starting CCE.  So If I am too quick in clicking on yes to run CCE there will be no updates.  If I slow down after the first click I see the DLink adapter in the taskbar and updates proceed after the next CCE click..   

For a Full Scan would like to see the updates occur at the beginning and not after the reboot.  Also wondered if CCE could load from memory immediately after the reboot such as Windows error checking or Puran Defrag Boot.   Instead of rebooting, again selecting the user saying yes to CCE to run and waiting for DLink router to load, and then selecting yes again.

Did use Autoruns but not sure how to determine malware and will have someone more experienced than I if I ever need to use KillSwitch.

Thanks
UncleDoug

Offline MrBrian

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2011, 09:34:29 AM »
Wish: the signature verification tool in KillSwitch uses at least four classifications: 1) signature valid 2) signature invalid 3) unsigned 4) signature not assessed because of certificate issue or other issue.

Wish: the signature verification tool in KillSwitch has a checkbox for each classification, to be used for filtering results. For example, I might want to see only files with invalid signatures.

Offline spainach_12

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #141 on: December 09, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »
Perhaps trim down the memory use. I had to use it in a laptop (emergency use. no preparation whatsoever) with a rogue app. Couldn't do a safe boot since there was no option to do that, and can't really risk putting it in an endless reboot loop if I ticked it in msconfig. So I tried CCE. But it used up so much memory that it made things worse til the darn thing crashed. I tried monitoring it and it exceeded 150 MB worth of ram. bit huge. and slow. Dr. Web saved the day of course with the pseudo safe mode environment.

Would be nice if it were resource friendly. It is after all for emergency purposes. I do think it should cover as much as it can.

Though unnecessary, a little memory optimization wouldn't hurt would it?
If you want to change the system, you need to learn how to break it.

Windows 7 Starter dualboot BodhiLinux | BitDefender AV Free| Windows Firewall | NTFS File Permissions | Commandline | Spider Senses

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2011, 02:13:27 AM »
a right click option; send to -> virustotal.com, valkyrie.comodo.com etc

Offline rgearheart

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2012, 11:19:13 PM »
Just in case it hasn't already been mentioned before I would like to see the following:
  • 1. A rescue/boot time scanner option
  • 2. It seems like we only get one shot of dealing with items that are found. I'm assuming that if I ignore rather than clean, I won't get the ability to deal with the item later.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:33 PM »
SHA1 calculator built in so that I can right click on a file result and get the sah1 and be able to search with that, not just the name ( seeing as a name is useless anyway).
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #145 on: January 23, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
SHA1 calculator built in so that I can right click on a file result and get the sah1 and be able to search with that, not just the name ( seeing as a name is useless anyway).

+1 :-TU

I requested the same some time ago:
It would be awsome if KS could display the SHA1 of a file (safe or malware).
That we could compare it with many online tools, as for example Valkyrie and File Intelligence.

Or even better to add into KS a submenu for any file, where it allows you to look for the file in Valkyrie and FI services.

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
  • If It Is Not Broken, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
Without reading through the 10+ pages. I believe what is the most necessary for CCE is a universal (32/64 bit) option. If a particular person has still a 32-bit system, but his buddy has an infected 64-bit system down the road and needs CCE. It would be a hassle to carry 2 different flash drives carrying both. Why not just make one universal service?
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline jna99

« Reply #147 on: April 22, 2012, 09:50:36 PM »
Actually I had a wish for the Killswitch program in the CCE suite.
Would it be possible to run Killswitch as a service in windows ?

for instance with a program like this:
http://www.firedaemon.com/

I'm not sure about the tool on this website, never actually used it.
But I show this so you know exactly what I mean when I say "run any program as a service".

I like to have killswitch on permanently or maybe partly loaded so that it starts even faster than it already does.
Any thoughts about Killswitch running as a service ?

Would it be pointless ? If so please make a comment if you think this would defeat the working of the program or perhaps other impacts on performance or any other reason.  thanks. :D

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #148 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:14 PM »
Actually I had a wish for the Killswitch program in the CCE suite.
Would it be possible to run Killswitch as a service in windows ?

for instance with a program like this:
http://www.firedaemon.com/

I'm not sure about the tool on this website, never actually used it.
But I show this so you know exactly what I mean when I say "run any program as a service".

I like to have killswitch on permanently or maybe partly loaded so that it starts even faster than it already does.
Any thoughts about Killswitch running as a service ?

Would it be pointless ? If so please make a comment if you think this would defeat the working of the program or perhaps other impacts on performance or any other reason.  thanks. :D

Killswitch was designed to be portable (no install needed) so i dont think comodo will do this but i think the next major version of CIS is going to have killswitch built into it

Offline jna99

« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2012, 10:15:22 PM »
Killswitch was designed to be portable (no install needed) so i dont think comodo will do this but i think the next major version of CIS is going to have killswitch built into it

I see, thanks for your reply. I'm currently very happy the way killswitch works.
But it would be nice if part or a main part is preloaded, when windows boots up,  into memory somehow or that it can be configured to load before anything else starts. So that when you actually want to use Killswitch, that it is responding lightning fast.
Anyway, I was thinking about this a bit.

If Killswitch will be a part of the Internet Security that would also be awesome. I mean that Killswitch will be integrated more and maybe even protected better against malware blocking certain programs to run.
Or some features or parts being preloaded together with the firewall or integrated with the firewall service.

Anyway, I will wait patiently how it all turns out.  I was just thinking out loud here, i don't have sufficient knowledge if this would be possible or that it is going to maybe be like this in future versions of CIS.
Thanks again  :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek