Author Topic: CCE standalone [merged topic]  (Read 20707 times)

Offline qmarius

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • making simple things complicated
Re: CCE standalone [merged topic]
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2015, 01:08:16 PM »
You get Standalone CCE 8 here in good working condition

http://malwaretips.com/threads/comodo-cleaning-essentials-8-cce-8.40240/

That's silly. I would avoid repacks due to a possible threat exposure. (aka unofficial source)
Although it's not really meant to be a 'standalone' since it was not declared specifically by staff then you should know that latest version is downloaded on first-prompt.
Upon traffic analysis and in other words, the following links are accessed internally :

https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x86.7z
https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x64.7z

Hope it helps.

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2015, 01:31:13 PM »
That's silly. I would avoid repacks due to a possible threat exposure. (aka unofficial source)
Although it's not really meant to be a 'standalone' since it was not declared specifically by staff then you should know that latest version is downloaded on first-prompt.
Upon traffic analysis and in other words, the following links are accessed internally :

https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x86.7z
https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x64.7z

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the download links, but enough of the program is missing to enable CCE to work without errors. Upon launching CCE, a warning comes up stating that it "failed to load engine". I know that the internal download isn't supposed to be a standalone product, but it would be nice if Comodo would bring back the standalone for use in cleaning computers that don't have CIS installed. It was nice to have someone compile the newer build (even though it's not official) for those of us who want an updated version (while we wait for one to come from Comodo).
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline HaryHr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2015, 10:03:08 AM »
This is the same as I shared before, it can be used for KillSwitch and Autoruns but not for whole package.

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2015, 12:39:31 PM »
This is the same as I shared before, it can be used for KillSwitch and Autoruns but not for whole package.

Yeah, the same results as your previous post. The link from Cyber revengeance works fine. They must have included the files needed to make CCE work.
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline cocalaur

• Comodo's Hero
  • Happy COMODO user
A few questions about CCE
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2015, 08:46:46 AM »
OK. So After I have tested CCE a bit, I have some questions related to it and I hope you can enlighten me :)
(I have COMODO Internet Security latest version also installed). Here it goes:

1) After I've download the standalone version from https://www.comodo.com/business-security/network-protection/cleaning_essentials.php  It presents me with this version:

However, if I install it from within CIS, it shows me that it is the same version as CIS:

Why are the versions different? Is standalone CCE no longer maintained?
Or, is the CCE from CIS different than standalone CCE in any way?

2) Are there any plans for an updated standalone CCE version, or at least
one that can avoid the confusion?

Thanks for your feedback.
=================================
Son: "Dad, what is malware?"
Dad: "I don't know, son, we use COMODO."

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 09:08:10 AM »
Hi cocalaur,
I have merged your topic with an already existing topic on the same subject matter.
This has been an issue for a long time and unfortunately I don't recall ever getting clarification either way from Staff.
I will have asked Staff again about some clarification on its standalone development.

Thanks.

Edit note: Merged multiple topics.
I do apologise for any confusion caused by the chronological order of the posts.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:17:14 AM by captainsticks »

Offline cocalaur

• Comodo's Hero
  • Happy COMODO user
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:44 AM »
Thank you, captainsticks, please do ask the devs.

I knew that COMODO worked on this philosophy: CIS=prevention ; CCE=cleaning.
I agree with this and i can see its logic.

But why not also update CCE? Cleaning is just as important as preventing.
And while CCE does have what it takes to tacke today's malware, it hasn't seen
an update for 2+years (if I'm not mistaken). So it would be nice to see either an
update to CCE or at least this version conflict clarification.

Thanks again. :D
Son: "Dad, what is malware?"
Dad: "I don't know, son, we use COMODO."

Offline Silwncer

• Board moderator
  • Comodo Family Member
  • Malware Removal Expert
    • TechForums
Is Comodo are going to keep developing CCE ?
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2015, 10:27:40 AM »
Just to be curious,is Comodo are going to update CCE and add modern UI same as CIS 9 when final comes out ? Thanks for answer.

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Is Comodo are going to keep developing CCE ?
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 05:27:16 AM »
The total lack of answers make me think that is not. The usual strategy of Comodo: they launch new products and then forget to develop them.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 01:53:08 PM »
Hello Silwncer and davidepi,

Right now there is no on going development for Comodo Cleaning Essentials; please let us know your wishes about this product what kind of updates would you like to see on CCE? Only modern UI developments  ?

PS: The new modern UI will be applied to Comodo Internet Security, CIS Pro & Complete, Comodo Antivirus & Comodo Antivirus Advance, Comodo Firewall and Comodo Cloud Antivirus.

For your information,

Kind Regards
Buket

Just to be curious,is Comodo are going to update CCE and add modern UI same as CIS 9 when final comes out ? Thanks for answer.

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2015, 12:24:10 PM »
Thanks for your reply, BuketB. Actually what I would like the most is not a new interface but a compatibility for windows 10. On the site it is reported that CCE is compatible only with windows 7.

Offline Gamezertruth

we need a new release of Comodo Cleaning Essentials version 2
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2016, 05:25:06 AM »
hi there !  :)

I am a fan of Comodo Cleaning Essentials software from a long time and still a fan of it !  :P0l and I’d like to see a new release of Comodo Cleaning Essentials coming very alright soon ! (version 2)  8) we’ve been used of the old version for very long time and we really need to a better and Improved version of Comodo Cleaning Essentials ! :)

1- a new GUI
2- a new Features
3- Improved memory usage
4- Improve the "About page" and add icons of social networks for your support

and I have post about your Comodo Cleaning Essentials software at malwarebytes forum here https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/180956-question-feedback-for-antirookit/ and by the way your program is safe my then !  :-X :P0l
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:37:34 AM by Gamezertruth »

Offline rogerg2

• Comodo's Hero
  • If It Is Not Broken, DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT!
Re: we need a new release of Comodo Cleaning Essentials version 2
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2016, 02:11:26 PM »
+1
Windows 7 Ultimate/Asus Crosshair V Formula/AMD 8350FX 4.4xx GHz/CD 31.1 /CIS 7.0.315459.4132/Norton DNS/Malwarebytes 2.0.1.1004

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2017, 03:06:40 PM »
Hi davidepi,
We have just released a new version and yes, it supports Windows 10.

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cce/comodo-cleanning-essentials-v10006111-is-released-t117974.0.html

We are going to actively support it going forward.

Thanks
-umesh

Thanks for your reply, BuketB. Actually what I would like the most is not a new interface but a compatibility for windows 10. On the site it is reported that CCE is compatible only with windows 7.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek