Bug Reports for COMODO Cleaning Essentials 1.6.183539.73

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here and make sure to include:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (see on bottom on how to do a memory dump or forced it to product a memory dump) <–This makes it easier for the delvopers to fix stubbern bugs, freezes, glitchs and such WITH THE BUG REPORT(not required but very very helpfull) (((If you don’t want to post the link to the memory dump, then PM a Mod with the link for the dump))))
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

It’s vital to provide all this information, so the developers can quickly identify and fix bugs faster.

This format will be strictly moderated. If your messages do not convey this format, they are not going to be taken into account.

For those who observe freeze issues while doing a full scan:

Here is what you need to do in order to identify the problematic file while scanning:

1 - Disable Defense+(If you have CIS installed)
2 - Download Process Explorer from Process Explorer - Sysinternals | Microsoft Learn
3 - Run Process Explorer
4 - In Process Explorer, select View->Lower Pane View->Handles
5 - In Process Explorer Process window, click on cce.exe
At this stage, in the lower pane, you should be seeing handles opened by cce.exe. You are particularly interested in “Type File”
6 - Open CIS and Run a Scan → My Computer.

Wait until the scan hangs. When the scan hangs, you must go to Process Explorer and check the Lower Pane for open “File Handles”. One of those handles are causing this issue. Probably an archive file. Please indentify that file and let us know.

==============================================

How to produce or force a memory dump if needed - [instructions provided by jay2007tech]

To Configure Your Computer for a Complete Memory Dump If you cannot locate a complete memory dump file or a complete kernel memory dump file, you can configure your computer to record them by generating an event report. To do so, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type control sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  3. On the Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  4. In the Write debugging information list, click Complete memory dump or click Kernel memory dump, and then click OK.
  5. Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
  6. In the System Settings Change dialog box, click Yes if you want to restart your computer now. Click No if you want to restart your computer later.
'Crash on Control Scroll'. This feature allows a user to manually crash the system, thus triggering the blue screen of death (also known as BSOD) and memory dump generation.

To enable that feature on a USB keyboard:

* Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
* Locate the following key if you have a USB keyboard: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters
  • In the Edit menu, click Add Value and add the following registry entry:
    Name: CrashOnCtrlScroll
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 1
    • Exit the registry editor, then reboot.

if you have a PS2 keyboard: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\i8042prt\Parameters
* In the Edit menu, click Add Value and add the following registry entry:
Name: CrashOnCtrlScroll
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value: 1
* Exit the registry editor, then reboot.

After the reboot, you can now manually trigger a crash by pressing the SCROLL keyboard key twice while pressing the right CTRL key.
After you created a complete memory dump and restarted the computer, you need to know where the .dmp file is

Click Start, and then click Search.

Click All files and folders.

In the All or part of the file name box, type *.dmp.

Now that you know where it is
Use winrar, winzip, 7zip, or anything like that and create a archive(basicly a .zip file) (that so you can compress 1gb to 300-400mb’s) Thumb Up <—this will save you some bandwidth uploading later, trust me

Now you have a highly compressed memory dump file that’s in a .zip file
Next upload it to megaupload.com and save the link (because we know email won’t allow a couple hundred megabytes at a time

Hi,
CCE 1.6.183539.73 scans every the same folder : C:/Documents an Settings/AllUsers/…
Start over and over again (Full scan and custom scan)
After 2 hours, I stopped the scan.

CCE can’t scan the complete partition C:

CIS Defense+ was disabled

ProcessExplorer Log-file

[attachment deleted by admin]

Goa,
Please follow the Reporting format described in the first post of this thread.
Following that format provides the developers with the information needed to appropriately address a potential bug. Thank You.

since a week ago CCE fails to update
it says cannot access virus signature database
its a bug only i have? or is well know the database is down, ill fill full report if asked

just found why i cannot update CCE sine some weeks ago

its CIS in proactive security mode, its just blocks many programs from internet without asking, even if is on white list,
i set it to “internet security mode” and now i get the popups for the program asking for internet

its funny how a comodo product blocks another comodo product XD

You must have set the Firewall to Custom Policy Mode. Can you check if that is the case?

i set it to "internet security mode" and know i get the popups for the program asking for internet

its funny how a comodo product blocks another comodo product XD

How is your Firewall set here? To Safe Mode or Custom Policy Mode?

in both cases firewall is in safe mode

all the things what i do was, completely uninstall cis
install only the firewall
set it to proactive during installation

then D+ start blocking some applications to access to internet without notice but most were automatically allowed after it “scan online and is safe” except for CCE

Loading KS under limited account prompts “Open File - Security Warning” dialog box each time “Run” button is selected and does not load or prompt for admin details.

:slight_smile:

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision: XP Pro SP3 (32-bit) Tablet Edition
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed: CIS, CPM (beta) and CB
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue: Run KillSwitch under limited account
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem: No
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (see on bottom on how to do a memory dump or forced it to product a memory dump) <–This makes it easier for the delvopers to fix stubbern bugs, freezes, glitchs and such WITH THE BUG REPORT(not required but very very helpfull) (((If you don’t want to post the link to the memory dump, then PM a Mod with the link for the dump)))): n/a
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further: See attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful: n/a

I don’t think the Treelist was supposed to remain active when you change column ordering :wink:

There is a memory leak in CCE where it uses more than 3Gb of memory.

Windows 7 64Bit (SP1 not installed.)
Other software installed on the PC but not loaded:
MBAM
Quttera
Comodo Cloud Scanner

I loaded CCE and it updated the virus database, prompted for a reboot. I rebooted and loaded it again and performed a custom scan with every option checked except “do not scan for viruses”.

I noticed the problem might have started when I had Quttera loaded and it was monitoring files in realtime while CCE was trying to update the virus database and was stopping on “finalizing the update” until I closed Quttera. Then the memory leak began.

I rebooted the Pc and without loading Quttera I am running CCE again and do not see the memory leak.

Hallo,
I just tried CCE 1.6 and the scan freezes, while scanning " infected files".
It is the same problem as it happened in the former versions.
The file “agent.exe” by “Forte Agent” is now scanned for 3 hours.

1. My operating system: Windows 7 professional 32 bit
  2. CIS 5.4
  3. No other security software!!

What can I do, that it is possible to scan the whole harddrive???

Thank you for helping me

Yours

Karniaris

I just replied to your pm.

I see a certain malware file makes the scanner crash or stall. Comodo staff my ask you for a download link for this file for testing. Please don’t attach the malware to your post.

CCE stopt at: C:\config.sys and slows down the PC

have the last version of CCE

1. My operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit SP1
  2. CIS 5.4
  3. other security software:Zemana AntiLogger

Every time i run a scan the memory footprint explodes to take up all my remaining system memory. For instance i run with about 53% free most of the time, CCE ramps up to 1.9 to 2.1GB of RAM. It slows my system to a halt and causes the desktop to become unresponsive. It has done this with only picking “scan critical areas” or more full scans. I will attempt to fill out your questionnaire below.

1. Your Operating System (32 or 64 bit) and Service Pack revision = Win 7 64bit sp1
  2. Other Security and Utility Software Installed = Trend Micro SA 6.x
  3. Step by step description to reproduce the issue = see above
  4. How you tried to resolve the problem = i have tried different scan options, but every scan eventually ramps up to untenable levels.
  5. Upload Memory Dumps on crash if you encounter any (see on bottom on how to do a memory dump or forced it to product a memory dump) <–This makes it easier for the delvopers to fix stubbern bugs, freezes, glitchs and such WITH THE BUG REPORT(not required but very very helpfull) (((If you don’t want to post the link to the memory dump, then PM a Mod with the link for the dump)))) = NA
  6. Attach screenshots to your posts to clarify the issue further = see attached
  7. Any other information you think that might be useful

I went back and tried to get the information from the second portion of your diagnostic list. In running process explorer the “handle” information in the lower pane was blank. It did not show any handle type data as it did for other running processes.

Thanks,