need some info about CCE

Hi,
I read an article on gizmos freeware about “how to know if ur infected”.
And It asked me to use CCE.
So I have some doubts about CCE.
CCE is a kind of on demand software.Then why do many ppl here complain about its excessive CPU usages?

And I already have Comodo firewall + defense+ installed on my computer. If I keep CCE on my PC forever will there be any conflicts??

And when using killswitch or autoruns they wont do anything like deleting or removing without my permission(I mean when they recognise somthing as malware or unknown),right?

And i think its not necessary to submit uknown things for analysis,but if i submit it for analysis then it will be easy to filter out the things quickly ,right?

I would like chiron(if possible) to answer to this topic.
Thanks in advance.
(P.S to chiron: You actually recommended tdsskiller in that article,can it also be kept on my PC forever with these remaining tools or will there be any conflicts,And thank you a lot for ur articles on that site.)

im not chiron but as far as i know

CCE is a kind of on demand software.Then why do many ppl here complain about its excessive CPU usages?
1) the excesive cpu usage probably the due to the scanning
And I already have Comodo firewall + defense+ installed on my computer. If I keep CCE on my PC forever will there be any conflicts??
2) you can have many on demend scanners installed as long as there arent being run on the same time, futher more comodo firewall and defense+ is some other category of protection and should not have any conflicts. the only way that they can have conflict is if defense+ or firewall blocked CCE
And when using killswitch or autoruns they wont do anything like deleting or removing without my permission(I mean when they recognise somthing as malware or unknown),right?
3) killswitch and autorun analyzer doesnt block or delete by default because it doesn't know everything especially if the appliction is new and may detect it as false positive or unknown, so there is a chance that it breaks some stuff or block required application to run
And i think its not necessary to submit uknown things for analysis,but if i submit it for analysis then it will be easy to filter out the things quickly ,right?
4) in my opinion yes you dont really need to send unkown but it may help comodo by having more data or information to know if its safe or otherwise

im just another user so its not that accurate, hope this help :slight_smile:

They are talking about how parts of CCE will be incorporated into the next version of CIS, which no specific plans on how this will be done have been announced. This has nothing to do with CCE itself.

No, CCE is only active when you start it. Thus there are no conflicts.

No, you need to actually select to remove or block files, which I explicitly recommend you do not do in my article. Without that no files will be removed. My article is only using these tools for analysis purposes.

Yes, both on your computer and on everyone elses. Also, be aware that I’ve added more information to the first topic of the Submit Applications Here To Be Whitelisted - 2012 topic which should help to speed up processing of individual files. Please include as much information as possible.

No, just like CCE TDSSKiller is portable, so it’s only active when you’re running it. However, TDSSKiller does not update itself (unlike CCE which does), so you’ll want to periodically download the newest version.

You’re very welcome. It’s only with the help of users like you that I can address concerns like those you have raised here. In fact, I’ve already updated the article to add the part about portable applications and conflicts. :wink:

Thank you.