Author Topic: Comodo Cloud AV Test Results & Reviews  (Read 21400 times)

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
Re: Comodo Cloud AV Test Results & Reviews
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2017, 12:26:33 PM »
Hi,
SHA-1: FDDD387A735B7C209B5FA01830C3B0A00B8FFAD7

was safe and safe sign is removed, changes should reflect in next AV updates.

I can confirm the 2013 version runs without detection.  It also runs without any containment on my system, and is added to Trusted Vendor list automatically.

it's not digitally sign, so should have been treated safe by sign not by trusted vendor list.

Thanks
-umesh

We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2017, 06:14:11 PM »
it's not digitally sign, so should have been treated safe by sign not by trusted vendor list.

Who did that?  :o These kind of tools mustn't be safe, or they shouldn't be detected by AV component.
They always have to be stay at "unknown" so we can use them for test purposes
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 06:15:52 PM by yigido »
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #92 on: September 07, 2017, 06:58:46 AM »
Comodo Cloud Antivirus Review By Malware Geek
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNmt7BV_HLE
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline woodrow

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2017, 01:58:01 AM »
It´s a pity he did not test some legit apps as well, when they (or updates) end up in the sandbox life is not so good anymore for the user.

If this project is to go forward with some dignity, please fix your side of Valkyrie, FLS or whatever it is that does not keep up at the moment.
You need to be on par or better than Avast Cybercapture with time to handle unknowns, if a file need extra attention at Cybercapture it even tells you that you will get an answer in 170 minutes, for example.
I have a Slimjet browser installation sitting, waiting for Valkyrie, weeks now...

And for us testing this product, who has a great potential by the way, it seem progress is only made when Umesh is available for development.
Surely you must have others involved in this?

I sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but it is becoming very frustrating to see development on far less important areas like GUI for example.
It´s like having a nice looking car without an engine...cmon.

Fix Valkyrie, and you will have a product that will fart competitors left and right on it´s way forward  :-TU

/W

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2017, 11:25:26 AM »
It´s a pity he did not test some legit apps as well, when they (or updates) end up in the sandbox life is not so good anymore for the user.

If this project is to go forward with some dignity, please fix your side of Valkyrie, FLS or whatever it is that does not keep up at the moment.
You need to be on par or better than Avast Cybercapture with time to handle unknowns, if a file need extra attention at Cybercapture it even tells you that you will get an answer in 170 minutes, for example.
I have a Slimjet browser installation sitting, waiting for Valkyrie, weeks now...

And for us testing this product, who has a great potential by the way, it seem progress is only made when Umesh is available for development.

I sorry if I sound a bit harsh, but it is becoming very frustrating to see development on far less important areas like GUI for example.

Fix Valkyrie, and you will have a product that will fart competitors left and right on it´s way forward  :-TU

/W

:-TU

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2017, 11:45:23 AM »
Hi woodrow,
We believe the same, if we can't clear a file within specific time, it is going to be annoying experience to users.

We are working towards a goal, where we can give SLA for a given file seen by specific number of users at first stage.

Please bear with us.

Thanks
-umesh

/W
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2017, 03:36:55 PM »
To give a verdict of Bad vs Good are two different things.

Today, companies give an "Assumption based verdict for Good".

What they do is, they check to see if the file displays any "bad behaviour"...if it doesn't they assume its good.

this is recipe for disaster.

Offline klaken

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #97 on: October 12, 2017, 08:19:20 PM »
How about searching god behavior ...
If the verdict does not catalog it as bad. a search for god behavior is used ..

This way you could catalog many software in an automatic way avoiding that some malware is classified as good ..

Ex: using VT or the number of users who saw the file ,,,,, possibility of uninstallation, user interface, that has no permanent processes .... etc.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #98 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:24 PM »
How about searching god behavior ...
If the verdict does not catalog it as bad. a search for god behavior is used ..

This way you could catalog many software in an automatic way avoiding that some malware is classified as good ..

Ex: using VT or the number of users who saw the file ,,,,, possibility of uninstallation, user interface, that has no permanent processes .... etc.

we do that :)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #99 on: November 10, 2017, 08:24:44 AM »
AVLab - Fileless Malware Protection Test

Great job Comodo :)

https://avlab.pl/sites/default/files/68files/Malware_Fileless_Protection_Test_EN.pdf

Offline BlueTesta

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #101 on: November 10, 2017, 12:49:39 PM »

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2018, 05:38:51 AM »
Detection test of several free antivirus (sorry, it's in Italian):
http://www.programmifree.com/confronti/confronto-antivirus-2018.htm

Why CCAV's detection is so much lower than CIS' one (67,6% vs. 82,1%) ?
Last year it was nearly the same (86,8% vs. 86,9%)
http://www.programmifree.com/confronti/confronto-antivirus-2017.htm

I thought cloud lookup database (used on both CCAV and CIS) was wider than the offline database (used on CIS only).
Or perhaps CCAV's cloud lookup is different compared with CIS' cloud lookup ?

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2018, 06:00:50 AM »
Hi Jon79,
CIS has complete antivirus base and has generic signatures. So a file that's not in Comodo back-end, can still be detected.
While for CCAV, file must exist in comodo back-end.

So when you make a static scan using CCAV, files are looked up in cloud and in case they are present in there, they will be detected else not.

However due to default deny, protection level is the same and once you execute, file will be submitted to Valkyrie and detection can be seen immediately.

So if you take bunch of files and make a static scan, differences can be there depending on files set in use.

Thanks
-umesh

Detection test of several free antivirus (sorry, it's in Italian):
http://www.programmifree.com/confronti/confronto-antivirus-2018.htm

Why CCAV's detection is so much lower than CIS' one (67,6% vs. 82,1%) ?
Last year it was nearly the same (86,8% vs. 86,9%)
http://www.programmifree.com/confronti/confronto-antivirus-2017.htm

I thought cloud lookup database (used on both CCAV and CIS) was wider than the offline database (used on CIS only).
Or perhaps CCAV's cloud lookup is different compared with CIS' cloud lookup ?

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2018, 06:34:30 AM »
Hi Jon79,
CIS has complete antivirus base and has generic signatures. So a file that's not in Comodo back-end, can still be detected.
While for CCAV, file must exist in comodo back-end.

So when you make a static scan using CCAV, files are looked up in cloud and in case they are present in there, they will be detected else not.

However due to default deny, protection level is the same and once you execute, file will be submitted to Valkyrie and detection can be seen immediately.

So if you take bunch of files and make a static scan, differences can be there depending on files set in use.

Thanks
-umesh

Hi umesh,
Thanks for the confirmation, that was my understanding too :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek