Author Topic: Comodo Cloud AV Test Results & Reviews  (Read 20460 times)

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud AV Test Results & Reviews
« Reply #120 on: June 15, 2018, 02:17:53 AM »
umeshI send some links "PM" for the .zip files from the youtube video in case they take it down

Although in the .zip file I dont see anything usefull.

Thanks for pointing out, we are analyzing it.

That guy claims to have bypassed a lot of security suites, including CIS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf2r1x0jYLg
But if you look at this video, you can see that he allowed an unknown app to run outside containment, so that's a user mistake, not a bypass

Offline Eric Cryptid

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Security Saskquatch
« Reply #121 on: June 15, 2018, 03:08:20 AM »
Confirmed, looks like he allows the program to run outside of containment and they don't show what happens after they Reset Container in CIS. If he'd followed the Recommended option in the pop-ups it would have all run in the container but I would like to have seen what happened when the container was reset.

Eric

Moderator: Any concerns? PM me and/or review the Forum Policy
System: 64 bit Win 10
Realtime Protection:CIS 10 Pro/CMS

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #122 on: June 15, 2018, 03:45:49 AM »
Confirmed, looks like he allows the program to run outside of containment and they don't show what happens after they Reset Container in CIS. If he'd followed the Recommended option in the pop-ups it would have all run in the container but I would like to have seen what happened when the container was reset.

Eric

That's true for CIS, but not for CCAV. In the CCAV video the app was correctly sandboxed.
I remember in the past CCAV had a problem with an MBR ransomware being able to bypass its protection

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2018, 05:56:24 AM »
We are interested in "HelloWorld.exe" as used by user in video.
We don't see that file received on back-end, perhaps network was disabled when he tested.
I have sent a message to user, lets see if he responds.

umeshI send some links "PM" for the .zip files from the youtube video in case they take it down

Although in the .zip file I dont see anything usefull.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek