Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.15.435958.619 Released  (Read 6686 times)

Offline futuretech

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus - v1.15.435958.619 Released
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 12:27:31 PM »
Wouldn't web protection in CCAV be better than an extension?
No because an extension (assuming a browser add-on/extension) will make it compatible with all web browsers, whereas current implementation in CIS relies on hooking SSL functions to see into the encrypted stream that includes the URL. That is why HTTPS filtering only works on IE, Firefox, and dragon/icedragon.

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 05:57:11 PM »
Why the I/O read bytes are higher? No other software processes read bytes are higher than 9 figure.

11 figure read bytes for 1 of the 2 CCAV processes.

Does it affect the disk?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 06:01:00 PM by Ya5h Kh4n »

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 03:38:27 AM »
Why the I/O read bytes are higher? No other software processes read bytes are higher than 9 figure.

Does it affect the disk?

It has been reported several times, even in other forums, but I have never experienced this issue, so it might be system-related

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 01:08:47 PM »
This is typically the case where you have some disk intensive software opening files in execute mode and thus causing on-access event.
You may want to disable on-access and check the usage. Also, if see what security software you have, which may be disk intensive.

Does it affect the disk?
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »
This is typically the case where you have some disk intensive software opening files in execute mode and thus causing on-access event.
You may want to disable on-access and check the usage. Also, if see what security software you have, which may be disk intensive.
I don't run  multiple security  software.

I was runnning CCAV & Windows 10 native firewall, & CCAV I/O read bytes were high i.e 11 figure.

Now I am running F-Secure Safe & Windows native firewall, & Fsecure I/O read bytes seems normal.

I noticed, CCAV installed, I/O read bytes for one of the CCAV processes was 11 figure. And CCAV installed, few other software processes I/O read bytes were 9 figure.

Now F-Secure installed, all the software I/O read bytes are 6 figure, sometimes 9 figure & return back to 6 figure & less. No processes I/O read bytes reached 11 figure like CCAV.

And I have watched task manager - processes for quite a long time, all the software processes remain at 0, but CCAV 1 process time-to-time disk & network field show 0.1, 0.2, etc, & sometimes when this happen, disk usage goes up like 60, 70, 90, 99 & takes time to settle down.
I have tried Kaspersky, Avast, Fsecure, Eset, Emsisoft & CIS on this system & didn't notice the behavior with any. I have mostly run CFW on this system as I find CFW light & good.

I have tried CCAV on 1 other system too & noticed all the above mentioned behavior on that system too.

Any system I have tried CCAV to see any difference with other systems, the experience have been the same on all the systems i.e high disk usage, lags starting/installing programs, etc. This have improved compared to previous versions but still..

All the systems I have tried CCAV have 4GB RAM & 500GB HDD except mine have 6 GB RAM & all are laptops.

The experience gives the impression like there is something in CCAV coding itself.

I have tried CCAV on 2 systems for a long time & other systems just to see any difference with other systems.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 04:32:04 PM by Ya5h Kh4n »

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 08:49:51 PM »
Hi Ya5h Kh4n,
We need following two things to be able to investigate the issue:
When you see this high disk activity:
1. Please right click on CCAV process and create process dump.
2. Please share msinfo32.exe output

We can analyze above information and get back to you. You can PM the files, if you wish.

Thanks
-umesh

I don't run  multiple security  software.

I was runnning CCAV & Windows 10 native firewall, & CCAV I/O read bytes were high i.e 11 figure.

Now I am running F-Secure Safe & Windows native firewall, & Fsecure I/O read bytes seems normal.

I noticed, CCAV installed, I/O read bytes for one of the CCAV processes was 11 figure. And CCAV installed, few other software processes I/O read bytes were 9 figure.

Now F-Secure installed, all the software I/O read bytes are 6 figure, sometimes 9 figure & return back to 6 figure & less. No processes I/O read bytes reached 11 figure like CCAV.

And I have watched task manager - processes for quite a long time, all the software processes remain at 0, but CCAV 1 process time-to-time disk & network field show 0.1, 0.2, etc, & sometimes when this happen, disk usage goes up like 60, 70, 90, 99 & takes time to settle down.
I have tried Kaspersky, Avast, Fsecure, Eset, Emsisoft & CIS on this system & didn't notice the behavior with any. I have mostly run CFW on this system as I find CFW light & good.

I have tried CCAV on 1 other system too & noticed all the above mentioned behavior on that system too.

Any system I have tried CCAV to see any difference with other systems, the experience have been the same on all the systems i.e high disk usage, lags starting/installing programs, etc. This have improved compared to previous versions but still..

All the systems I have tried CCAV have 4GB RAM & 500GB HDD except mine have 6 GB RAM & all are laptops.

The experience gives the impression like there is something in CCAV coding itself.

I have tried CCAV on 2 systems for a long time & other systems just to see any difference with other systems.
We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2017, 05:56:06 AM »

Does it affect the disk?

Hi Ya5h Kh4n. Could it be connected with the low cpu power? What kind of processor do you have? I noticed the same problem on my home system which uses an old Core 2 Quad [at] 2,33 ghz. CCAV is totally unusable there. Almost one minute to open task manager, with no other security app running.
 CIS runs flawlessly instead.

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2017, 07:23:24 AM »
umesh, as mentioned have uninstalled CCAV, may be next time..

davidepi, Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU [at] 2.30GHz   2.30 GHz

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2017, 12:08:11 PM »
I am back to my fav CFW. And I/O read bytes for all the software are under 5 figure. Thats a huge difference, CCAV installed, I/O read bytes of CCAV were 11 figure & few other software were 9 figure.

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2017, 12:11:17 PM »
Ok, can you please share msinfo32 details of that machine so we could try to reproduce?

Thanks
-umesh
I am back to my fav CFW. And I/O read bytes for all the software are under 5 figure. Thats a huge difference, CCAV installed, I/O read bytes of CCAV were 11 figure & few other software were 9 figure.

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2017, 09:22:46 PM »
Ok, can you please share msinfo32 details of that machine so we could try to reproduce?

Thanks
-umesh
Just the summary or all, how to get all the info?

And no private/personal info will be there, right?

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 09:44:04 AM »
We are mainly interested in "Software Environment" section of it.
After you launch msinfo32.exe, you can export configuration using File-->Export menu.

Just the summary or all, how to get all the info?

And no private/personal info will be there, right?

Offline Swordfish_

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 02:20:08 AM »
Just a short question - since I am considering to install CCAV and use its Sandbox instead of the Sandbox in Firewall 10 (copy/paste from Clipboard needed for sandboxed apps) is it possible in the newest version of CCAV to bypass virtualization of certain folders on the disk? (In FW 10 it is called "Do not virtualize access to specified files/folders").

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 02:28:21 PM »
Hi Swordfish_,
We don't have it yet.

Thanks
-umesh

Just a short question - since I am considering to install CCAV and use its Sandbox instead of the Sandbox in Firewall 10 (copy/paste from Clipboard needed for sandboxed apps) is it possible in the newest version of CCAV to bypass virtualization of certain folders on the disk? (In FW 10 it is called "Do not virtualize access to specified files/folders").

Offline yashkhan

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2018, 06:51:21 PM »
We are mainly interested in "Software Environment" section of it.
After you launch msinfo32.exe, you can export configuration using File-->Export menu.
I have reinstalled CCAV.
I/O read bytes for one of the CCAV processes right now is 12,424,807, is it normal or what is normal?

And I will PM you "Software Environment" in a moment.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek