Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400657.347 is Released!!!  (Read 7722 times)

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.6.400657.347 is Released!!!
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 11:54:46 am »
from event viewer win 10 au

Code Integrity determined that the page hashes of an image file are not valid. The file could be improperly signed without page hashes or corrupt due to unauthorized modification. The invalid hashes could indicate a potential disk device error.  File Name:   \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\CcavGuard64.dll   

Application popup: services.exe - Bad Image : C:\Windows\system32\CcavGuard64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000428
CIS gives the same error in the logs. It is not something to worry about. Comodo uses a way of loading the .dll file that Microsoft deprecates.It does not impact the security of your system.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 01:41:37 pm »
Tried this version on Win 10 64 Pro

After install completes & you click finish, CCAV mention realtime not working & ask to "fix". After fix system restarts & CCAV is fine.
But I have noticed this realtime not working behavior after install completion with previous 2-3 & including this version.
Why this happen? Please look into this.

And with this version, Windows Defender is not disabled.
Please look into this.

And I was testing usability with few programs install & later when I opened GUI, there was mentioned realtime not working & click "fix".
Please look into this.

Currently I have uninstalled CCAV.

And I think during install there should be an option to install Internet Security Essentials or not.
And I think ISE should be implemented into CCAV instead of separate install i.e if during install users choose to install ISE, it should be a module of CCAV instead of separate install And ISE module should have options like enable/disable, etc...

CCAV have MITM protection - I checked with Adguard Adblocker. Adguard installs own certs for website filtering. CCAV warned me. But the thing is, as Adguard uses its certs for websites filtering, CCAV will warn for every websites, right? This becomes annoying as you have to exclude/whitelist every websites. I hope I am correct on this.
Do you think would be good to have an option to exclude/whitelist certs?

Offline Umesh

• Comodo Alumni
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Comodo Alumni
    • COMODO
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 04:51:46 pm »
Hi Yash
After install completes & you click finish, CCAV mention realtime not working & ask to "fix". After fix system restarts & CCAV is fine.
But I have noticed this realtime not working behavior after install completion with previous 2-3 & including this version.
Why this happen? Please look into this

And with this version, Windows Defender is not disabled.
We have not been able to re-produce above mentioned two problems and i will PM you to setup some time when our QA can take a look at your PC as it seems you have been able to produce it consistently.

And I think during install there should be an option to install Internet Security Essentials or not.
And I think ISE should be implemented into CCAV instead of separate install i.e if during install users choose to install ISE, it should be a module of CCAV instead of separate install And ISE module should have options like enable/disable, etc...

As you have noticed that ISE has been able to pick AdGuard and for that matter it would have been able to pick any rogue product as well, we think it adds up a huge value on it's own independent of Antivirus and a good nice tool to make browsing secure.

CCAV have MITM protection - I checked with Adguard Adblocker. Adguard installs own certs for website filtering. CCAV warned me. But the thing is, as Adguard uses its certs for websites filtering, CCAV will warn for every websites, right? This becomes annoying as you have to exclude/whitelist every websites. I hope I am correct on this.
Do you think would be good to have an option to exclude/whitelist certs?

Very valid point, we will prioritize to add this certificate name based exclusion functionality in subsequent sprints.

Thanks for your time, i will PM you to work out debugging session.

Thanks
-umesh

We can't stop malware entering user's PC but we render them use-less when they enter PC: Welcome to Comodo's Default Deny innovation

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 05:48:16 am »
Hi,
A full scan lost communication with the cloud server. Then restored and so constantly.

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 25120.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.4.8032
MX Linux 21 KDE ?64

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 07:03:08 am »
Hi YashWe have not been able to re-produce above mentioned two problems and i will PM you to setup some time when our QA can take a look at your PC as it seems you have been able to produce it consistently.

Thanks
-umesh
For the info, I have no other security or any other products running realtime on the system, only 1 other product i.e AX64 Time Machine V2 Latest Stable Build 703.

Currently have CCAV uninstalled, will try next version & see & give info.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 08:08:15 am »
Hello Friends,

What's new in 1.6.400657.347?

•   Generic support of Trusted Installers: Files created /launched by trusted installers are trusted automatically.

The above solution seems good i.e I had mentioned, during programs install, few files get sandboxed/blocked (as per sandbox setting) & mess or fail programs install. I had 3-4 programs with previous CCAV version. I tried those programs with this CCAV version & no files were sandboxed/blocked during programs install :-TU

I had also mentioned Windows Firewall Control install fails with sandbox setting "Run only safe programs" with no block alert. With this CCAV version, WFC install was successful :-TU

By the way, can you please explain in layman's term "Generic support of Trusted Installers: Files created /launched by trusted installers are trusted automatically"?
And I use CCAV with sandbox option "Run only safe programs".
I use portable HDSentinel And when I run it, a .vbs file is blocked...portable HDSentinel is whitelisted so shouldn't .vbs file be allowed?
And I tried TeraCopy 2.3 install, during install couple dll files are blocked & install error.
And I tried Windows Firewall Control uninstall, during uninstall, a file is blocked & uninstall stucks.

And I was wrong about CCAV MITM protection. I tried Adguard, it installs own certs for websites filtering. CCAV warns on every opening of Chrome And if you select to continue, any/all websites can be browsed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 06:36:26 pm by Yash Khan »

Offline tachion

• Star Group
  • Comodo Family Member
    • Safegroup
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 01:31:00 pm »
Is there anything currently happening on servers valkyrie?
Since yesterday, standing still.

Offline woodrow

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 08:47:50 am »
I reported my API key in the last build thread, made no difference, the files analyzed by Valkyrie in this version are growing and growing...
And the bug with the connection to the server while scanning is also present, see above poster.

/W

Offline Guto

• Comodo Member
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 09:26:07 pm »
the bug with the connection to the server while scanning is also present, see above poster.

I cant acess server with Comodo Cloud Antivirus, the reputacion not conect to server stop in 1% and stay orange.. so i cant use this antivirus for a moment i go uninstall because this bugs...

Offline Guto

• Comodo Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 09:29:37 pm »
The new version have bug in reputation, and security panel have Windows Defender and Comodo Cloud Antivirus all disable and i cant active the Comodo Cloud Antivirus, i try but not happend. The server is irritant i cant scan my pc with this all time orange and not conect to server... Just 272 files i can scan and stop mode to orange not conect to server... So or yours make one fix for this or we cant use the Comodo Cloud Antivirus..

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2016, 02:21:44 am »
Hi Guto,

We are working to debug the problem, will get back to you shortly.

Kind Regards
Buket

the bug with the connection to the server while scanning is also present, see above poster.

I cant acess server with Comodo Cloud Antivirus, the reputacion not conect to server stop in 1% and stay orange.. so i cant use this antivirus for a moment i go uninstall because this bugs...

Offline Guto

• Comodo Member
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2016, 02:58:21 am »
Thanks BuketB for feedback fast, i remove the Comodo Antivirus Cloud and go wait for reinstall again. Please say here when stay ok the Server for Valkyrie and Reputation. I´d like to Know how long i can wait for reinstall CIS 10 Beta for test again, today i cant install because a lot of bugs. I make and send too the Translation of Portuguese (Brasil) to the Alexander Suvak, so please see if hes put in this new version of Comodo Internet Security 10 beta when arrive the new one... I´d like to see all Comodo Internet Securtity with my translation because is very good i lose a lot of time for make this so i´d like to see implemented with this new one. If Comodo Cloud Antivirus need too just say i can help yours again.. Thanks..

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2016, 10:59:49 am »
Guto, Alexander Suvak is also in charge of the translations of CCAV. Please connect with him about it. That way things stay in one place.

Comodo relies on community input for translations; everybody's input is very welcome. :)

Offline Guto

• Comodo Member
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2016, 11:07:17 am »
Thank you for your attention EricJH. But I got into communication with Alexander Suvak and has headed the translation of Comodo Internet Security 10 fully complete the Portuguese language Brazil hope is the satisfaction, but if you need any improvement or anything else to translate I will have great pleasure in auxilar. What I would like is that you could strengthen to Alexander to implement this translation already in the next update to leave the CIS 10 Beta order I see if it's all the satisfaction and if there is anything more I can fix and submit again. Gentleness strengthen this request to him in order to help to all users of Comodo Internet Security 10 Beta in Brazil.
Grateful for your attention !!!

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »
Thank you for your efforts and concern. I will assume until further notice that Alexander will use the Portugese translation handed to him. One problem is that Liosant also is doing Portuguese translations. He is from Brasil and I think they are also for PT-BR.

In the past we made a discussion topic, Discussão sobre a tradução do CIS 6 em PT-BR where Liosant has been active, to provide a platform to discuss the intricacies of the PT-BR translation. May be you can drop Liosant a line and see if the two of you can come to a form of collaboration.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek