Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.397436.312 is Released!!!  (Read 9173 times)

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.4.397436.312 is Released!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 05:55:13 pm »
Guys, just inform to you. This product had never been "stable".
All releases are hotfixes for the beta. It seems like that. You can check the every release note. You will see all of them are "hotfixes"
So, you have right to wait for a stable release  :-TU

On the other hand, we the real survivors are testing the builds to make the product better for all Comodo community sake  8)  :rocks: (CNY) (CLY)

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2016, 12:40:12 am »
Oh cmon, this is absurd. I've decided to replace avast! with CCAV on my laptop. Uninstalled avast!, rebooted, installed CCAV, left it do all initial scans and rebooted. And the laptop NEVER reboots. It starts up, shows Windows logo and loading animation, screen changes to loading animation only and got stuck at it for entire night. Forced it into recovery mode, tried Safe mode which did the same, tried Disable driver signing, which did nothing. I had to use System Restore and recover back to time prior CCAV installation. I'm using Win10 64bit Redstone. What the hell!? Event Viewer also shows nothing. This is just absolutely bizarre. With avast! or Windows Defender, laptop boots just fine, but not with CCAV.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2016, 01:14:24 am »
Guys, just inform to you. This product had never been "stable".
All releases are hotfixes for the beta. It seems like that. You can check the every release note. You will see all of them are "hotfixes"
So, you have right to wait for a stable release  :-TU

On the other hand, we the real survivors are testing the builds to make the product better for all Comodo community sake  8)  :rocks: (CNY) (CLY)
Hi yigido,
Well this could be said for all software on the market even including operating systems.
Software creators are forever releasing patches/hotfixes to fix bugs or for improvements, this doesn't mean their products are in Beta.

CCAV is stable and is securely operational on most users systems.

Thank you.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 01:23:15 am »
Oh cmon, this is absurd. I've decided to replace avast! with CCAV on my laptop. Uninstalled avast!, rebooted, installed CCAV, left it do all initial scans and rebooted. And the laptop NEVER reboots. It starts up, shows Windows logo and loading animation, screen changes to loading animation only and got stuck at it for entire night. Forced it into recovery mode, tried Safe mode which did the same, tried Disable driver signing, which did nothing. I had to use System Restore and recover back to time prior CCAV installation. I'm using Win10 64bit Redstone. What the hell!? Event Viewer also shows nothing. This is just absolutely bizarre. With avast! or Windows Defender, laptop boots just fine, but not with CCAV.
Hi QSnap,
It is unfortunate that you had to use system restore as this is not a clean way to uninstall programs, but please keep calm.

I suggest using the Avast uninstall tool before attempting to re-install CCAV, just in case some remnants of Avast are conflicting with CCAV.
https://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
If you have been trying other antimalware/virus programs, I would also use their clean up tools if available.
Uninstallers (removal tools) for common Windows antivirus software-Eset Support

Thanks.

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2016, 01:28:48 am »
I've cleaned remaining stuff myself by hand and with registry search tools.

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2016, 03:36:44 am »
No matter what I've tried, this version of CCAV makes my laptop unbootable. I've tried CCAV before few times and never had such problem on exact same system.

Offline Dennis2

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2016, 03:51:56 am »
No matter what I've tried, this version of CCAV makes my laptop unbootable. I've tried CCAV before few times and never had such problem on exact same system.
Please consider doing a bug report.

I realise you cannot provide dumps etc. but please post all you system details plus anything which may be running on startup to give Comodo Staff a chance to find out what is happening on your particular system.

Thank you

Dennis
Moderator: Aims Forum a friendly place. Any concerns? Please PM me and/or review the Forum Policy 2012Updated.
System: Centos 7.9 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP, NoScript
 Fedora 33 x64, APF, HTTPS Everywhere, ABP

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2016, 02:05:14 pm »
Sorry, but this is total bullrubbish*. Took me 1 hour clean installing Windows 10 to be sure, just for CCAV to deadlock my god damn laptop the first reboot I made after installation. It's this version of CCAV that's broken* up. I can't give you any logs or memory dumps if my laptop is freaking unbootable. After Windows logo and animation, it switches to black screen with loading animation and stays at that forever. Can't boot into safe mode either. Nothing. Dead. This is ridiculous. Comodo changed something in this particular build because I've tested nearly all older builds and they never did this crap. Damn I'm mad at this. Now I'll need another freaking hour just to get the damn laptop working again. >:(

Offline Flykite

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2016, 09:49:24 pm »
Hi QSnap,

Could you please tell me the information of operation system(dxdiag.exe)? and what software are installed on it? it' better give me a list of the softwares. I will try to find out what is the prolem.
Sorry, but this is total bullrubbish*. Took me 1 hour clean installing Windows 10 to be sure, just for CCAV to deadlock my god damn laptop the first reboot I made after installation. It's this version of CCAV that's broken* up. I can't give you any logs or memory dumps if my laptop is freaking unbootable. After Windows logo and animation, it switches to black screen with loading animation and stays at that forever. Can't boot into safe mode either. Nothing. Dead. This is ridiculous. Comodo changed something in this particular build because I've tested nearly all older builds and they never did this crap. Damn I'm mad at this. Now I'll need another freaking hour just to get the damn laptop working again. >:(

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2016, 10:13:27 pm »
This may have been caused by:
I've cleaned remaining stuff myself by hand and with registry search tools.
It's impossible to tell from a distance if the problem was not caused by this step.

Offline John Buchanan

• "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Personal Dragons can be defeated. Improve yourself
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2016, 12:09:31 am »
Registry cleaners and Windows 10 do not get along very well
I tend to agree, Eric
Please follow Comodo Forum Policy

Bah! Ban 'em all! The only good member is a banned member
And a member is just a policy violator who hasn't been caught yet. >:-D

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2016, 01:22:25 am »
Registry cleaners and Windows 10 do not get along very well
I tend to agree, Eric

ccleaner (latest) works flawless on win 10 (rtm, ts2 and rs1). no problems whatsoever. tested in 4 desk and 1 note. ccleaner is executed, atleast, once every week..

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2016, 01:57:47 am »
This may have been caused by: It's impossible to tell from a distance if the problem was not caused by this step.

Except I've used it million times. And how does registry have any meaning when you are doing a clean install? It doesn't at all.

Offline captainsticks

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Comodo Help
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2016, 05:04:00 am »
Except I've used it million times. And how does registry have any meaning when you are doing a clean install? It doesn't at all.
Hi QSnap,
With so many system variables available it is hard to tell what is causing the issue without sharing some system information.
Hi QSnap,

Could you please tell me the information of operation system(dxdiag.exe)? and what software are installed on it? it' better give me a list of the softwares. I will try to find out what is the problem.
CCleaner has a good easy option to save your installed programs to a text file, this can then be attached to a post under additional options.
https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-how-tos/listing-installed-programs

Thanks.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2016, 06:40:35 pm »
with this version i have over 700 unknown files. with the previous version it was less than 50 files.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek