Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.3.394295.265B Hotfix is Released !!!  (Read 11473 times)

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.3.394295.265B Hotfix is Released !!!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2016, 01:44:56 AM »
Uninstall CCAV, install Auslogics Registry Cleaner, on bottom left side there is "Find Registry Keys" tool button. In "Look for" field enter "comodo" as search term and delete everything it finds.
Then go to your drive C: and enter "comodo" in the search field in top right corner. Make sure you have "show hidden files enabled". Delete all Comodo folders it finds.
Make sure you do the same for all other antiviruses you've used before, just be careful if it was AVG or ESET (NOD32), because the term is too general or appears in various other general words found in registry to be searchable via registry! For avast, avira, kaspersky etc, it's fine because these words don't appear in any registry entry.

Try installing CCAV again. I've had CCAV behaving funny (disabling by itself) when I didn't clean avast! properly after uninstallation.

Thank you.

Interesting procedure with uslogics Registry Cleaner. Is it working for all programs?

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2016, 02:30:14 AM »
It works for everything. You just have to enter search terms most unique for the programs you want to get rid of and avoid generic ones like "antivirus" or in case of NOD32 you can't use company name (ESET) as search because "eset" appears in other words like "preset". Also, you can't use other programs from Comodo while doing this because it'll find their entries as well. You can only use this when nothing from Comodo is left installed.

Offline Flykite

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2016, 02:30:55 AM »

hi megaherz33,

You still cannot install CCAV after previous version uninstalled?
Btw, what is the  version number of previous CCAV?
Hi
Uninstall the previous version, I cleaned up the remains and installed the new version. But it encounters the error, before this was not a problem.
Hi
Uninstall the previous version, I cleaned up the remains and installed the new version. But it encounters the error, before this was not a problem.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2016, 03:01:38 AM »
Beginning to speed up here:

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2016, 03:14:27 AM »
I had 8 files trusted yesterday evening and this morning it was already 22. I wish it was a bit faster since I have over 200 still waiting to be processed, but at least something is moving...

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2016, 03:24:08 AM »
Whats the file size limit to upload/automatically upload to Valkyrie?

I am on limited data plan & need to know.
Hi Naren

I think the limit is 100MB. You can control this under AV scan settings. According to the hover information files over 100Mb are trusted, so not scanned, so not uploaded.

I think you added a wish for separate control of this? If so I am sure that will be conisdered

Kind regards

Mouse
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 03:33:27 AM by mouse1 »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2016, 03:28:22 AM »
It works for everything. You just have to enter search terms most unique for the programs you want to get rid of and avoid generic ones like "antivirus" or in case of NOD32 you can't use company name (ESET) as search because "eset" appears in other words like "preset". Also, you can't use other programs from Comodo while doing this because it'll find their entries as well. You can only use this when nothing from Comodo is left installed.

I would advise taking care with this sort of procedure. Make a restore pt first, and only do this is you really understand the registry as you may mistake an OS key for a CCAV key causing OS instability.

Personally on Win7 I still use Comodo CPM, which has the advantage of actually recording the keys changed during installation. The occasional GUI freeze aside, it has always performed reliably for security program uninstalls for me. Probably does not work on Win 10 though.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2016, 03:31:25 AM »
Unfortunately Windows Xp SP3 under unstable and buggy.  :(

Sorry my english is bad.

I am very sorry you are having this problem, please report this as a bug in the bug reports section. If the program has crashed, they will be able to help you locate the dumps which will allow a diagnosis.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2016, 03:52:21 AM »
Hey yessnooo,

Currently the limit is 25MB. Could you please let me know what is your expectation on the limit ?

Waiting for your reply on that,

Kind Regards
Buket
Whats the file size limit to upload/automatically upload to Valkyrie?

I am on limited data plan & need to know.

Offline QSnap

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2016, 04:12:30 AM »
I would advise taking care with this sort of procedure. Make a restore pt first, and only do this is you really understand the registry as you may mistake an OS key for a CCAV key causing OS instability.

Personally on Win7 I still use Comodo CPM, which has the advantage of actually recording the keys changed during installation. The occasional GUI freeze aside, it has always performed reliably for security program uninstalls for me. Probably does not work on Win 10 though.

Word "comodo" is not found anywhere within Windows OS itself. Neither is "avast", "avira" or any other brand. Been using such method for ages and I never had problems. Opposed to registry cleaners and what they find on their own...

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2016, 04:28:41 AM »
Word "comodo" is not found anywhere within Windows OS itself. Neither is "avast", "avira" or any other brand. Been using such method for ages and I never had problems. Opposed to registry cleaners and what they find on their own...

I realize you are trying to help, and thank you for doing so.

But long experience suggests that the inexperienced can make errors. No everyone is as technically aware as you. Anyway he/she can make up their own minds I guess.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:30:45 AM by mouse1 »

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2016, 04:34:21 AM »
Hey yessnooo,

Currently the limit is 25MB. Could you please let me know what is your expectation on the limit ?

Waiting for your reply on that,

Kind Regards
Buket

Thanks for clarifying that. What happens to files 100Mb<>25Mb which are scanned and judged to need a verdict, but which are not uploaded?

Offline astefi

« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2016, 05:34:46 AM »
hi astefi,

What issue you encountered for CCAV installed on XP sp3?
Could you please give me  details information for the issue?

hi Flykite,

1. After installation, the first scan of the last one-third, of the active defender out.
(CCAV Crashed While Rating Scan)

2. Some programs stop (Ati Catalyst GUI).

3. When you start some programs (Dscaler, Gmail Notifier Pro) CCAV GUI closes.

4. DScaler TV program: Overlay mode is not working only on Direct3D mode.

Offline astefi

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2016, 05:44:31 AM »
I am very sorry you are having this problem, please report this as a bug in the bug reports section. If the program has crashed, they will be able to help you locate the dumps which will allow a diagnosis.

Ok, maybe later, bug report complicated for me.

Offline mouse1

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 09:46:14 AM »
And 5 hours later, note the changes. :)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek