Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!!  (Read 6914 times)

Offline Mineria

• Comodo Member
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 02:13:23 PM »
It will be compatible with the next version of Comodo Firewall which is coming by the end of Q2  :-TU

Kind Regards,
Buket
Thanks for the info, will be interesting to test it, so far it seems like going to be promising in combo with CFW.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »
By the end of June 2016.
Doesn't Q2 mean in the period between April 1 and June 30? However, it makes practical sense to assume it will arrive late June to keep people from getting disappointed.

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »
Doesn't Q2 mean in the period between April 1 and June 30? However, it makes practical sense to assume it will arrive late June to keep people from getting disappointed.

You are correct. From now till the end of June (only to realize this is just an estimate). Don't want this thread to start more guys getting itchy pants by asking about the release every two minutes! It's ready when it's ready. I hope they keep cooking it until most of the bugs are worked out. The more thorough, the better.
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 04:16:07 PM »
Oh. Now I get it.

Thanks guys.

So, June's end? (probably, not exacly, offcourse)..

Im wondering if CCAV will receive some kind of feature like the banking thing too?

Btw, is there any plans to make ccav use less ram and stay as where cis is on ram usage? If thats possible..

See, CIS has a lot of more things on it and more behaviours going on but still it uses about 12mb in total (in all the computers that I install it). CCAV on the other hand is going for about 50mb in total and it has only 3 modules, sandbox + cloud lookup + viruscope (that doesnt uses much resources)..

EDIT.: wait a minute.. does BuketB confirmed the release date (not exacly but almost) of cis 10 for something like end of june of 2016? o.O Or is it related to ccav 1.2 and I misunderstood everything?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:18:04 PM by vitim »

Offline L.A.R. Grizzly

• Comodo's Hero
  • Akron, Ohio, USA
    • Grizzly's Home Page
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 04:35:59 PM »
EDIT.: wait a minute.. does BuketB confirmed the release date (not exacly but almost) of cis 10 for something like end of june of 2016? o.O Or is it related to ccav 1.2 and I misunderstood everything?

We were talking about CIS 9 or 10 or 10.5 or what ever they call it by then. The next version of CIS. It started when Mineria mentioned the compatibility with the CIS Firewall.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:39:15 PM by L.A.R. Grizzly »
AMD FX-8320 8 Core 3.50 GHz - 16 GB G.Skill DDR3 RAM - nVidia GT610 Graphics
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
CIS 7.0.317799.4142, CCE 2.5.2421

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2016, 06:27:26 PM »
Oh. Now I get it.

Thanks guys.

So, June's end? (probably, not exacly, offcourse)..
Please stop being so precise and anxious about a release date.

Im wondering if CCAV will receive some kind of feature like the banking thing too?

Btw, is there any plans to make ccav use less ram and stay as where cis is on ram usage? If thats possible..
Interesting questions.

See, CIS has a lot of more things on it and more behaviours going on but still it uses about 12mb in total (in all the computers that I install it). CCAV on the other hand is going for about 50mb in total and it has only 3 modules, sandbox + cloud lookup + viruscope (that doesnt uses much resources)..
CIS is a very mature product and CCAV still new so there may be room for improvement. Time will tell.

I ploughed through four months of Buket's posts but she didn't give a date for when CIS 10 beta will see the light.

We are discussing CCAV in this topic. Buket stated a new version of CCAV being delivered in Q2. Do you actually read this topic? I urge you to stop bringing up CIS and to get your obsessiveness in check.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2016, 06:47:46 PM »
Please stop being so precise and anxious about a release date.
Interesting questions.
CIS is a very mature product and CCAV still new so there may be room for improvement. Time will tell.
I ploughed through four months of Buket's posts but she didn't give a date for when CIS 10 beta will see the light.

We are discussing CCAV in this topic. Buket stated a new version of CCAV being delivered in Q2. Do you actually read this topic? I urge you to stop bringing up CIS and to get your obsessiveness in check.

I know, I know.. Just questions and thoughts. And I know there is no release date, but just estimative dates.. Im talking about CCAV too, but as some talked about cis, I just talked a little too about it.

Anyway, sorry if I made some kind of mistake here. Not my intention.

Offline Mineria

• Comodo Member
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »

Does 50 vs 12MB really matter?
Most people should have 4GB of memory these days, but SSD's are still not common, so it is way better to keep things in memory than reading from disk.
In addition, the sandbox feature of CCAV makes a separated sandbox for each application instead of one common like CIS, I would think that such is better.

Two questions to Comodo or some who know a bit more about CCAV, is each sandbox instance in CCAV is fully virtual and are they safer than how sandboxing is implemented in CIS (in regards to malware that can work around)?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
The CCAV sandbox works in user mode where the CIS sandbox is a kernel mode sandbox. CCAV will create a separate sandbox for each process where in CIS all sandboxed processes run in one sandbox.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 02:36:25 PM »
I know that but still, running CIS it takes only about 12mb on several machines that Ive installed it. Even running the full scan with some files sandboxed, it goes up to 18mb. On CCAV, on the other hand, running nothing and doing nothing the ram usage sticks in about 50mb. When running full scan it goes up to 80mb and cpu usage goes up to ~ 80%. On CCAV, when only one file running sandboxed, ram usage goes up to ~ 70mb.

So, this is not a normal behavior. This ram and cpu usage means that there is something wrong on ram allocating and cpu scalling seted up on ccav engines. Even if a user has 32Gb of ram (32gb ddr3 1600mhz, my case with one computer used for serving), this behavior on ccav is not normal, right?

For this I asked about improvements on this side of ccav...

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2016, 02:55:12 PM »
I cannot speak for Comodo but I would expect performance improvements over time as the product is young and still a bit round the edges. From what we can see Comodo seems very focused on adding functionality.

Buket could you tell us if improving performance is somewhere on the road map?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek