Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!!  (Read 6570 times)

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!!
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I’m very happy to announce that Comodo Cloud Antivirus V1.1.386793.166B hotfix version is now released !

Thank you very much for all your feedbacks; bug & wish reports. We are checking every feedabck you are providing, sometimes we are even contacting with you for further details; we appreciate your great support on this !  Please keep them coming, and keep in touch!

Please note that following major release will include a number ıf important new featrues and improvements, we are currently working on that; stay tuned! You will see what you expect to see on CCAV!

Note: Users with previous versions installed will receive an update with this release.

Thank you very much to you all in advance !!

What's new in V1.1.386793.166B ?

Improvents and Fixes:

We have addressed many wishes and bugs/issues reported by our users in this release. Here are a selected few:

•   Register sandbox in Windows Security Center   
•   "No connection to server" error
•   Show reboot msgbox when user enables "show alert..." in sandbox setting after installation without reboot
•   Valkyrie submission failure        
•   Manual Scan Speed Improvement      

Download Location

Comodo Cloud Antivirus Public Hotfix Release V1.1.386793.166B
http://download.comodo.com/ccav/installers/ccav_installer.exe
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:12:32 AM by BuketB »

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO (Rock-n-Roll) !
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.386793.166B Hotfix is Released!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:22:34 AM »
Thank you BuketB :-TU

CIS 12.0.0.6818
CCAV 2.0.470195.867 Beta
CMS 3.5.4009

Offline Redstraw

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:53:18 AM »
Thank you

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 09:20:49 AM »
Nice update indeed but Ill pass an wait for 1.2 because of some features that where promissed to be there in 1.2 edition..

By the day, 1.2 is coming this week right? Or is 1.1.386793.166B some kind of "buy time for next release"?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:22:28 AM by vitim »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:35 AM »
Thank you for the release Buket. It's good to see some important bugs fixed.
Nice update indeed but Ill pass an wait for 1.2 because of some features that where promissed to be there in 1.2 edition..
Don't you want an improved version in the meanwhile?

By the day, 1.2 is coming this week right?
We're not starting a fishing expedition here, right?
Or is 1.1.386793.166B some kind of "buy time for next release"?
It's a hotfix release as clearly stated.

I strongly urge you to stop the innuendo that Comodo is shirking or leading its users on. That inflammatory dance will not be allowed.  :P0l

You and various others are very keen on the development of CCAV. Which is good because it's an exciting and very promising new product. From what I have seen until thus far is that Comodo has been working very hard on its development. So stop the excessive and continuous sometimes inflammatory urges to speed up. Builds will arrive when they are ready.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 11:06:20 AM »
Hey,

V1.2 is not coming this week , we need some time to work on important new features. I m sure you will like them!  :) We are very excited for V1.2, please keep waiting for it!  I strongly recommend you to update your built to this hotfix built as it covers important improvements and fixes!

Kind Regards
Buket

By the day, 1.2 is coming this week right? Or is 1.1.386793.166B some kind of "buy time for next release"?

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 12:58:31 PM »
Thanks for the update, It is more understandable now  ;)
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 01:57:30 PM »
Hey,

V1.2 is not coming this week , we need some time to work on important new features. I m sure you will like them!  :) We are very excited for V1.2, please keep waiting for it!  I strongly recommend you to update your built to this hotfix built as it covers important improvements and fixes!

Kind Regards
Buket

Thank You BuketB. Keep it coming. CCAV for the win!!!

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 09:44:33 PM »
Thx for the update. Though it's a bit of a shame CCAV wasn't this on release day. It would gather a lot more positive experience from users. It seems to work great now, no cloud connectivity issues anymore.

Now you just have to sort out installers detection and it'll be amazing. Problem is, it doesn't sandbox the installer itself, but it still sandboxes any and all EXE's from that installer that have no digital signature and that's very annoying. It should be aware what came from signed installers/packages and trust it.

Offline D Bone

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 12:19:02 AM »
Installed on my Windows 7 x64 without issue and without any problems...... Well done.

Offline Lord Ami

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2016, 02:51:41 AM »
Thanks for the release. It's getting better and better!

I've ran it thru my VM and I see it automatically submits files to Valkyrie.

I have some questions regarding that:
1. If Valkyrie itself determines that the file is malicious, does it get deleted in my PC? Or only after human verification?
2. If not, then when are you going to enable Valkyrie as cloud service that is autonomous and can react to files submitted via CCAV?

When I run malware, all of the files get submitted. After restart, system is clean but I don't see any detections (Valkyrie analysis takes a minute or so).

Thanks in advance!

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 07:49:51 AM »
Hi Lord Ami,

Right now we dont have an action based on Valkyrie analysis result. It will be done with the next coming release V1.2. At the moment, the only action is to submit the files to Valkyrie for detailed analysis.

For your information,

Kind Regards
Buket

Thanks for the release. It's getting better and better!

I've ran it thru my VM and I see it automatically submits files to Valkyrie.

I have some questions regarding that:
1. If Valkyrie itself determines that the file is malicious, does it get deleted in my PC? Or only after human verification?
2. If not, then when are you going to enable Valkyrie as cloud service that is autonomous and can react to files submitted via CCAV?

When I run malware, all of the files get submitted. After restart, system is clean but I don't see any detections (Valkyrie analysis takes a minute or so).

Thanks in advance!

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 02:22:04 AM »
Hm, so you're saying Valkyrie verdicts don't affect future detections from cloud?

For example, I submit (or CCAV does that automatically) some unknown file to Comodo. Valkyrie identifies it as malware. What happens after that? Are you saying it just gets analyzed and the verdict isn't feed back into the cloud (yet)?

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 10:21:24 AM »
Hm, so you're saying Valkyrie verdicts don't affect future detections from cloud?

For example, I submit (or CCAV does that automatically) some unknown file to Comodo. Valkyrie identifies it as malware. What happens after that? Are you saying it just gets analyzed and the verdict isn't feed back into the cloud (yet)?

Whait. So, CCAV doesnt receive answer from Valkyrie for files veredict?

If so, then whats the point of ccav? To be our sandbox app only? o.O I didnt get it, please some dev or BuketB explain this a little bit more?

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 11:26:58 AM »
May be Buket means to say that CCAV does not act upon a Valkyrie detection? That makes more sense.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek