Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.384558.142 is Released!!!  (Read 17037 times)

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.1.384558.142 is Released!!!
« Reply #105 on: April 02, 2016, 11:15:02 AM »
Very huge Russia. Come for a visit, welcome :)
!ot! I have had the privilege twice to visit Russia twice. Those were short trips but were absolutely amazing. The Russian people are very welcoming. :-TU

Offline megaherz33

• Comodo's Hero
  • Long Live COMODO!
    • Comodo Group
« Reply #106 on: April 02, 2016, 11:54:52 AM »
!ot! I have had the privilege twice to visit Russia twice. Those were short trips but were absolutely amazing. The Russian people are very welcoming. :-TU

:-TU !ot!

HP Compaq 6200 Pro Microtower
Canon I-SENSYS MF4140
Windows 11 Pro x64 Build 25206.1000
CIS Premium v.12.2.4.8032
MX Linux 21 KDE x64

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2016, 12:44:02 PM »
Has broken cloud connection been addressed yet? Whenever I've tried it so far, it was just dead and would always say NOT connected to cloud.

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2016, 06:45:50 PM »
Sheepolina,

On my machine (Windows 7 64-bit), scanning and cloud works after installation. After restarting my machine, I have the same problem that you have. CCAV was a clean installation, my firewall and any other possible reasons on my end were disabled.

Offline Jon79

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2016, 09:59:15 AM »
I've just tried CCAV.
Boot time increased of several seconds (on a SSD), no connection to cloud, scan takes very long time, sandbox is very aggressive.
I'm stick with CIS

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2016, 11:25:57 AM »
You could try to let the Comodo Cloud Server (or whatever the exact name is) restart each time it crashes as described here.  That may help until the issue gets fixed.

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2016, 02:50:00 PM »
Today, I restored my backup partition that has no programs installed except for Firefox & NetPeeker. So far, everything works - scanning, submitting to Valkyrie, cloud look-ups. I'm going to try and create problems before restoring my work partition. Among the theories that I will explore after restoring my work partition are untrusted start-up programs, proxy settings, left-overs from previous CIS installations.
All that I can say at this time is that my firewall driver is not a problem, most of the time. After several restarts, I have occasional problems when NetPeeker's GUI is sandboxed. It's the same old startup problems that exist with CIS.

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #112 on: April 10, 2016, 12:23:21 AM »
I can create problems by deleting all vendors, including Microsoft & Comodo. After restoring my minimal partition, I install CCAV, and immediately delete the vendors and restart my machine. Keep in mind that I am trying to create problems in order to find solutions.

I finally have scanning problems when only these vendors are trusted:
Microsoft Windows
Microsoft Corporation
Comodo Security Solutions

There are no connections to port 4448, so scanning stops. Setting the ccavsrv service to restart after failing does not help. What works for me is to restart the service AND quit & start CCAV. Restarting one or the other did not work. Both needs to be restarted.

Once scanning works, take the opportunity to scan your C-drive. No more problems after scanning. When I delete the vendors that CCAV adds, my scanning problems return. I'm too tired now to figure out what vendors absolutely needs to be trusted. It remains to be seen what will happen when the cache expires. I have it set to expire in one day. I can't look at this program much longer.

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #113 on: April 10, 2016, 10:09:17 AM »
previous message deleted

After reinstalling, I see now that there should be connections to fls6.security.comodo.com port 4448 immediately after start-up. If there are no connections, then scanning fails. In my new installation, I didn't do anything to create problems. Everything worked fine last night, but after shutting down, and starting again this morning, scanning fails and there are no connections. Restarting the ccavsrv service & CCAV helps to get scanning to work, but it is not a solution. I need to figure out why the connections are not starting after start-up.

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2016, 10:56:24 AM »
How is this not fixed ages after release despite countless reports is just baffling.

Offline Citizen K

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2016, 11:23:59 AM »
previous message deleted

After reinstalling, I see now that there should be connections to fls6.security.comodo.com port 4448 immediately after start-up. If there are no connections, then scanning fails. In my new installation, I didn't do anything to create problems. Everything worked fine last night, but after shutting down, and starting again this morning, scanning fails and there are no connections. Restarting the ccavsrv service & CCAV helps to get scanning to work, but it is not a solution.
As described in my previous post you can let Windows restart the service each time it crashes. It's a workaround for now.
I need to figure out why the connections are not starting after start-up.
Can you check if the service is running after start-up?

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #116 on: April 10, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
Well, this didn't take long to figure out.

First I restarted my machine to confirm that I will continue to have problems without additional intervention. Service was running.

Then I set the recovery options for the ccavsrv service to restart upon failure, restarted my machine. Still no-go.

Then I decided to create a scheduled task to start CCAV after the service starts. I installed my registry cleaning program in order to see the start-up entries and parameters. To my surprise, the entry is the same as the service. I continued to create the task, disabled the start-up key, and restarted my machine. Success.

I'm not going to post my task at this time because I think that the problem is the attempt to start the service twice. I disabled the task, restarted my machine, and still no problem. The task might not be needed. I'm now going to have to shut down my machine for several hours to see if the problem returns.

I now think that disabling either the start-up key or setting the service to manually start will solve this problem. You have two choices. Setting the service to manual will probably result in fewer sandboxed startup programs.

Offline romil

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #117 on: April 10, 2016, 11:01:05 PM »
Back to the drawing board. My problem returned after starting my machine. I quickly noticed that Comodo's icon was missing because I disabled my task. I enabled it and restarted my machine. No dice.

I have to restore my work partition now, so I can't look at this any longer. I will be driving me crazy trying to think of an explanation why my idea appeared to work.

Sorry for the false hope.

Final note: When checking to see if the service was running, I looked at the services page and saw that the service started. I did not look at task manager, so I can't swear at this time if the service was still running or not.

2nd final thought: if the service did stop, the service would have showed "stopped". I am approaching the insanity stage where all kinds of crazy thoughts will be flying. Sometimes it's best to just let the thoughts fly without trying to control them. Some of my best solutions were found by thinking about things while trying to fall asleep. Just at the point where I am about to consciousness, a thought flys by that causes me to jump up and shout Eureka.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:35:50 AM by romil »

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2016, 03:45:16 AM »
Hi Friends,

This week, we plan to make a hotfix release to adress some important bugs and improvements on CCAV, for your kind attention.

Please note that cloud connection problem message was caused because of a connection problem on fls engine, this bug will be fixed with the hotfix release, our QA is also in touch with the users who has this specific problem and we are on track.

Kind Regards
Buket
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 04:16:53 AM by BuketB »

Offline Flykite

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2016, 03:52:32 AM »
I've just tried CCAV.
Boot time increased of several seconds (on a SSD), no connection to cloud, scan takes very long time, sandbox is very aggressive.
I'm stick with CIS

The first full scan takes some time to request data from cloud, then it becomes faster. It always need long time to scan on your machine?

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek