Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!!  (Read 21696 times)

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!!
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 04:44:25 PM »
Can someone verify this potential bug?

Download some known malware sample in Chrome (hint: malc0de).
Click on the downloaded file icon at the bottom of Chrome browser to execute it.
CCAV detects it but after selected "Clean" action, Windows run dialog appears.

It should not appear at all.
I have EAM and HitmanPro.Alert installed but EAM was completely disabled during this test.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:46:07 PM by Siketa »

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 05:46:11 PM »

Click on the downloaded file icon at the bottom of Chrome browser to execute it.

I have EAM and HitmanPro.Alert installed but EAM was completely disabled during this test.

Yes this happens in vivaldi as well. You can easily replicate with eicar test file. Ill report it.

EDIT: the file does not have to be run through chrome it also happens when running through windows explorer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 07:18:32 PM by wasgij6 »

Offline HaryHr

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 02:08:59 AM »
And this is why people asked for another beta...

Offline malware1

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2016, 04:43:16 AM »
Can someone reply?

Important note: Users with previous beta installed should uninstall old beta first and make a clean installation for the new beta version
So, is this the final or a new beta?

Offline davidepi

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2016, 04:56:39 AM »
Some personal considerations about CCAV.
1) Beautiful interface. I like it a lot especially the combination of colors;
2) Great protection as always thanks to autosandbox;
3) Very slow if compared to other pure cloud solution like Panda or Quihoo. Even CIS is lighter.
4) Terrible detection rate, even worse than CIS, which is weird because CCAV should count on Valkyrie integration;
5) This is connected to the previous point: where is Valkyrie automatic submission? they said it was operative since December, but there's no sign of it. I ran a lot of unknown files and Valkyrie never showed itself. I know Comodo is not interested in pure detection, but anyway this is important for usability: the user should have a clear idea if the sandboxed file is safe or malicious.

So I don't know why someone should use this instead of CIS, which is equal on protection but is lighter, has better detection rate and many more features.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2016, 05:32:56 AM »
Thanks, wasgij! :)
 :-TU

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
Hi guys.

What about doing some little changes on the ccav ui?

See the main gui:

Consider removing the "Game Mode" and "Upgrade" buttons from the botton, remove the space that will be there. Now add the "Game Mode" option to the "big green box" and add the "Upgrade" button to the top, side by side with the "Mobile", "Feedback" clickable texts. This will reduce ccav gui and will make it beautiful. Well, its already beautiful, but this can be changed for better aspect..

I did one tryout in an real machine (but for testing tasks), with fresh win 7 sp1 pro x64, updated, deactivated defender and firewall, deactivated UAC prompts, installed ccav final (final or beta? still not clear) and play with it for some houers... Then i tried to do the full scan and it takes about 3 houors to be on the middle of the full task. I ended up canceling it. I take a look at resoureces usage and ccav main process is going from ~5mb to ~300mb in a loop. I see that ccav is sending some crazy data to somewhere and its eating my internet bandwitch, wich is a bad thing for me (and for a lot of users and clients of mine). Does anybody can reproduce these problems or is it related to my installation only? All fresh on the machine and all hardware components doing great, without problemas and hdd without bad blocks. amd apu a4-7300 + 8gb ram ddr3 1600 + hd 500gb sata3.

Offline languy99

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2016, 02:23:19 PM »
Hey all,

Long time no seen.

I have been playing with CCAV in the background and so far I like it but I am wondering how it determines files are safe/unsafe? This is how I would say it should work: use signed files first, check the signature and if it signed it should be allowed to run ( once signature if verified, and yes I know a signature can be faked but it few and far between), if the file is not signed it should calculate the hash and check it against a big list of known safe files held on comodo servers and see if it is there, if it is, let it run, and last if hash is unknown and not signed it should be run in sandbox and submitted to valkyrie, then once a verdict comes up it should be moved out of sand box, deleted ( malicious) or remain in sandbox until manual inspection of file is made and determined safe or bad. Just my humble opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/languy99

Software Reviews for all.

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/languy99

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2016, 03:19:14 PM »
Hi guys.

I see that ccav is sending some crazy data to somewhere and its eating my internet bandwitch, wich is a bad thing for me (and for a lot of users and clients of mine). Does anybody can reproduce these problems or is it related to my installation only?

Guess you missed my post here...CCAV ate app 1.29 GB data here. I too am on limited bandwidth.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2016, 04:14:33 PM »
Guess you missed my post here...CCAV ate app 1.29 GB data here. I too am on limited bandwidth.

any comments from devs or staff about it? I cant use or recommend ccav because of that..

Offline justinlpsu

« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2016, 06:18:47 PM »
So, out of curiosity, I clicked on the live support button in CCAV to ask the geekbuddy representative when WSC integration is gonna be added. Not, surprisingly, she did not even know that CCAV was a product. She kept telling me I had CIS Trial Version. Great to know their tech support doesn't even know what products they have.

Offline justinlpsu

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2016, 06:23:59 PM »
So, out of curiosity, I clicked on the live support button in CCAV to ask the geekbuddy representative when WSC integration is gonna be added. Not, surprisingly, she did not even know that CCAV was a product. She kept telling me I had CIS Trial Version. Great to know their tech support doesn't even know what products they have.

And then this happened:

Me: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-10379757116-is-released-t114498.0.html
Me: This is what I am using. Not Comodo Internet Security.
Eva: Let me check it
Eva: The product which you have is not a security program
Eva: We need to download Comodo Internet Security to stop the pop up from Windows Defender.
Eva: This product is no longer supported.
Eva: I checked with my supervisor

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2016, 08:08:22 PM »
And then this happened:

Me: https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-ccav/comodo-cloud-antivirus-10379757116-is-released-t114498.0.html
Me: This is what I am using. Not Comodo Internet Security.
Eva: Let me check it
Eva: The product which you have is not a security program
Eva: We need to download Comodo Internet Security to stop the pop up from Windows Defender.
Eva: This product is no longer supported.
Eva: I checked with my supervisor

well, the software is really not released as it is not on comodo site. maybe they will have some sort of training for ccav as a new product when its in fact released..

Offline Flykite

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2016, 05:45:04 AM »

Hi ,Siketa
      Can you report a bug about the issue in the bug report page:
      http://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-ccav-b393.0/

Very thanks

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2016, 08:41:13 AM »
Hi!
wasgij said he''l do it.....  ;)

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek