Author Topic: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!!  (Read 17155 times)

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Comodo Cloud Antivirus 1.0.379757.116 is Released!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2016, 03:15:49 PM »
Oh cmon, this is stupid. All this extra time and Windows Security and Maintenance looks like it was bombed from orbit. Comodo isn't even detected properly, everything is showing yellow warnings. Ugh? Like this was done by entirely different team that maintains CIS and that has no clue what security center is in Windows.

Offline khanyash

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:01 PM »
Oh cmon, this is stupid. All this extra time and Windows Security and Maintenance looks like it was bombed from orbit. Comodo isn't even detected properly, everything is showing yellow warnings. Ugh? Like this was done by entirely different team that maintains CIS and that has no clue what security center is in Windows.
And has no clue this prob was repeatedly informed in the thread. And they still failed to fixed it.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:38:01 PM by yessnooo »

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 03:51:14 PM »
Granted, they did fix some things, but this is the most basic thing that EVERY SINGLE AV I know uses properly. Just not CCAV. Yeah, despite warning them several times.

Offline vitim

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 04:43:42 PM »
OK, so.. Does anyone is running CCAV right now? If so, please, post your considerations regardless ccav stability, resources usage (take print of running processes if possible) and overal lags when openning softwares and files with ccav installed?

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 04:52:43 PM »
OK, so.. Does anyone is running CCAV right now? If so, please, post your considerations regardless ccav stability, resources usage (take print of running processes if possible) and overal lags when openning softwares and files with ccav installed?

from our Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/ComodoHome
Emir Pašalić Great very fast compatible with other antivirus and did not make any impact on pc speed and performance

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 05:03:50 PM »
Congratulations with the new release.  :Beer

Offline wasgij6

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 05:55:08 PM »
Thanks for the release. Here are some quick observations.

Quick scan: 0:34
Full scan: Takes way to long. After 35 mins it was only at 15% so i cancelled it.

I am still noticing some small slow downs when opening applications for the first time (First time run with ccav installed). CCAV still needs improvements when it comes to file rating and the TVL. Performance is definitely better than the last beta but still needs some improvements. Like everyone has pointed out it would be nice if CCAV would register with windows security center.

There needs to be an obvious way of submitting files to valkyrie for analysis. IMO it should be done automatically with context menu scans (right click scan). The UI should also reflect when a file is being submitted so the users knows whats going on.
| Win 10 Pro (x64) | UAC Disabled | CCAV | Intel i7 4770k | Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo | Asus GeForce GTX 780 | G.Skill TridentX 32gb RAM | Samsung 850 Pro SSD |

Offline yigido

• Malware Research Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • COMODO Rocks!
    • Free Comodo Products!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 07:31:08 PM »
Ok now, Can we see a well explained official page for CCAV to share this beautiful antivirus with our loved ones to protect them  :-TU

Thanks  ;)
COMODO Cloud Antivirus
Firefox Quantum
Encrypt the web! Use HTTPS Everywhere..
Block spying ads and invisible trackers! Use Privacy Badger..

Offline disabled account 7

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2016, 09:09:39 PM »
Windows 10 64 bit. Windows security center did not recognize this release, windows defender still enabled. Slight slow down issues present upon installing and opening applications at first, of course my system is pretty powerful, so was not bad for me. Upon testing a handful of legit applications, only one needed to be manually released from the autosandbox, others installed as were supposed to, with one even having open candy in the installer be detected and cleaned during installation of the application " :-TU" I was impressed with that compared to the previous Beta. Now on to detection of malware. I unzipped 10 pieces of semi fresh malware from MalwareTips Malwarehub, after disabling realtime scanner in CCAV, i then proceeded with a right click context scan, of which CCAV detected none of them. I then enabled the realtime and ran a scan, still did not detect any of them. Then i proceeded to execute each one, one at a time, and CCAV finally came alive, or i should say the auto sandbox. It effectively stopped all 10 from executing and infecting the system, but did so on its own, with no hint of Valkyrie or the Cloud Av. Work is still needed on this project, but if guided correctly, this could be a very light, powerful protection.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 02:32:29 AM »
Hello illumination,

Thank you for the valuable feedback.

WSC integration will be released with the next built as it needed extra development and time. Please kindly wait for the next release.

We will keep improving on this product thanks to your bug & wish reports.  Please fill in a wish report in case you have any suggestions for us to make this product even better. We are following up closely!

Kind Regards
Buket

Windows 10 64 bit. Windows security center did not recognize this release, windows defender still enabled. Slight slow down issues present upon installing and opening applications at first, of course my system is pretty powerful, so was not bad for me. Upon testing a handful of legit applications, only one needed to be manually released from the autosandbox, others installed as were supposed to, with one even having open candy in the installer be detected and cleaned during installation of the application " :-TU" I was impressed with that compared to the previous Beta. Now on to detection of malware. I unzipped 10 pieces of semi fresh malware from MalwareTips Malwarehub, after disabling realtime scanner in CCAV, i then proceeded with a right click context scan, of which CCAV detected none of them. I then enabled the realtime and ran a scan, still did not detect any of them. Then i proceeded to execute each one, one at a time, and CCAV finally came alive, or i should say the auto sandbox. It effectively stopped all 10 from executing and infecting the system, but did so on its own, with no hint of Valkyrie or the Cloud Av. Work is still needed on this project, but if guided correctly, this could be a very light, powerful protection.

Offline costi1977

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 02:49:23 AM »
congratulations guys and girls!

Offline Sheepolina

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 03:14:47 AM »
I've just scavenged a Virut virus from an USB drive which is not detected by CCAV. How can I submit it to Comodo guys? The reason why I'm asking here is because it appears to be specific to CCAV. Comodo on VirusTotal is detecting it as Virut. But CCAV on my system isn't (not on-access by having it on desktop and not by right-click scan). Please advise asap.

Offline BuketB

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 04:13:34 AM »
Hi yigido,

The webpage is coming soon. :-TU

In the meantime, you may check the details of the product from the help page: https://help.comodo.com/topic-394-1-767-9214-Introduction-to-Comodo-Cloud-Antivirus.html

Kind Regards
Buket

Ok now, Can we see a well explained official page for CCAV to share this beautiful antivirus with our loved ones to protect them  :-TU

Thanks  ;)

Offline 23

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 04:14:28 AM »
here comes the future of endpoint protection!!!

its 21st century protection for your windows environment!

Welldone to the team for an amazing product.

Melih

Sorry, I can't agree with this. Here comes another buggy product.  Every one of the big players out there will outperform it easily at this point. It has the potential to be amazing, but right now it is NOT.

Offline jackor

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 04:26:00 AM »
I'm testing it on a Vm, it works well, with only a little impact on system resources.
It performs well in a real world test, but it's mandatory to have a reset sandobox button imho (if there is one, please tell me where it is :D).

[at]23: is a newborn product, if the product-team works well, ccav will easily outperform the competitors, not in terms of detection rates (that isn't the focus of this product nor of comodo), but in terms of effectiveness in protecting users.
Analyst Programmer
0days & malware hunter since 2006

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek