Comodo Backup 4.3.8.0 bug reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder as administrator and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information that can help us find the cause of the problem (for example: any non-default settings used);
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 7 Pro 32bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;No other backup software / Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
  • How you produced the problem; Scheduled an incremental backup to run at 20:00Hrs onto a NAS unit that requires a username and password but the details are not remembered and have to be entered manually the next morning
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;Selected the ‘Remember Connection Information’ check box
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any); N/A
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them) N/A
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic N/A
  • if the issue is an error please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder as administrator and post the resulting cbu file. N/A
  • Any other Additional Information that can help us find the cause of the problem (for example: any non-default settings used); All default settings used by following the step by step instructions
  • Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit); Windows 2008 R2
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed; Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
  • How you produced the problem; start a backup with filter exclusion *.tmp *.mp3 *.avi
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;i can’t

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit): Windows 8.1 Update 1, 64-bit
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed: Acronis True Image WD Ed. and Macrium Reflect
  • How you produced the problem: Install Comodo Backup + install Windows ADK
  • How you tried to resolve the problem: I can’t resolve this. It’s incomplete support in CB.
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any): N/A. CB keeps asking for Windows AIK

To create the rescue disc, CB asks for Windows AIK. However, Windows AIK is for Windows 7/Vista. For Windows 8+, we’re supposed to instead install Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK). Windows ADK includes a Preinstallation Environment; however, CB does not detect it.

Could you please update CB to support the proper package (ADK) for Windows 8+

Thanks

I tryied to backup the entire disk that hosts my C: drive to the root of my E: drive. C: and E: are different physical disks, yet backup throws an error that the indicates the source and the destination are the same.

26.06.2014 11:58:13 Cannot perform backup. The backup file cannot be saved on the partition/disk that is being backed up. 26.06.2014 11:58:13 Backup failed with code 189 (Source same as destination).

I found out that my E: drive had insufficient space. When I redirected the backup to a drive with more space, it ran successfully.

Backup & Security Software Installed: Avira Free Antivirus 14.0.5.444, Comodo Backup 4.3.8.0

• Security software: Comodo Internet Security Premium;

• Problem: I’ve tried to make a “simple copy” of a test folder with a few small files (jpg, txt, zip, msi and exe) to my home NAS (nas4free), but it says “Unable to process stream item” on both the msi and exe files, giving me the code 67 at the end. That is more than enough space, and the files do exist.
    Even with this error the files were successfully transfered to the NAS when I checked the folder.

• How I tried to resolve the problem: Tried to rule out something by making the same “simple copy”, but this time to my desktop (local folder) and it worked. I also did copy/paste manually the same folder to my home NAS without any problem with the files.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Security software: Comodo Internet Security Premium;

-Tried to make a One Way Sync, either to my home NAS or local folder and the program crashes.

P.S.: I’ve attached a screenshot of the program crashing and a link to the zip with the both files requested in this cases. I have not created an account in ccloud.com because I do not use a credit card nor paypal (required data to register, if not mistaken) and do not intend to use this cloud since I possess my own (no offense, since I’ve been liking your products a lot).

Files requested: Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

(if I cannot post links to other services, even on this case in which I have explained, please let me know or remove this post)

Thank you

The following exclusion filter: /exclusionfilter “.tmp|~.|$Recycle.bin.|Recycler.|Temp.*” does not exclude files in:

• the recycle bin;
  • in folders whose name begins with “temp” for example “…\temp.…”; “…\tremporary internet files.…”

Is the a CBU problem, or is this a problem in the Help documentation in not describing the filter syntax fully.

Dell E6410 8GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Macafee AV

When running the initial backup, (image) CBU page faults heavily. The process is quite slow compared to, Microsoft backup and restore.
I like the features in CBU. Is there anything I can tweak to fix this Page Faulting?