COMODO Backup 4.3.7.17 Bug Reports

Please post all bug reports & BSOD’s here.
Be sure to include:

• Your Operating System (and whether it’s 32bit/64bit);
  • Other Backup & Security Software Installed;
  • How you produced the problem;
  • How you tried to resolve the problem;
  • Screen-shots with the error (if any);
  • if the issue is a BSOD, please post all the dump files in \Windows\Minidump folder (you can compress them)
  • if the issue is a crash, program stops responding or freezes please see this topic
  • if the issue is an error please run the dbgInfo.bat in installation folder as administrator and post the resulting cbu file.
  • Any other Additional Information that can help us find the cause of the problem (for example: any non-default settings used);

Hello,

Recently I download Comodo Backup Version 4.3.7.17 and I noticed some problems.
My PC is running Windows 7, 64bit.

After starting Comodo Backup, when I select “Backup” on left pan a new section appear named “New Backup”

Step 1: What to Backup
I don’t see any problem here, and I choose my sources as F:\To-Backup

Step 2: Backup Destination
When selecting TAB “My Computer” the Up arrow does not work.
It displays Computer\F:\To-Backup_full_files\ and I can not go to Computer\F:\ with the arrow.
I set the backup name manually as F:\Backup-

Step 3: Backup Settings
I expand the “Macro and Description” section, check the “Enable macros” and what appear in the text line is “Backup” without the -
I expand the “Filters” section and add an exclusion filter for file “*.bak” and check the two boxes “Exclude hidden files” and “Exclude system files”.
In section “Log” it would be interesting if we could use macro to add to the filename.

Then I press “Export to script” and finally “Backup Now”

Looking at the script file (filemane.cbs), there is no information about the filters on Hidden and System files.

Looking at the backup reveal that the hidden files are backup anyway, I don’t know about system files because I don’t have any to backup.

When starting Comodo Backup again and reading the script file, not all parameters are read correctly.

• The backup name in step 2 is not read, in fact I have to load the script twice then it is correct.
  • The “Macros and Description” in step 3, I have to load the script twice sometime 3 time.
  • The filters in step 3, the one I added (*.bak) even if it is in the file (filemane.cbs) it is not readback,
    filters on Hidden and System file are obviously not read since they are not in the script file.

Now if I start the script from Windows Start menu the backup is now in a different location.

• F:\Backup_2014_02_14\To-Backup If script is loaded from within Comodo Backup
  • F:\Backup_2014_02_14\F_\To-Backup If script is loaded from Windows Start menu

The backup location created from Windows Start menu is different from the name in the script file, which is not consistent.

I did not test everything, only what I need.

Question : Can we create our own macro like the one on top of Step 3 ?

I would like to have your comments.

Thank you

Version 4.3.7.17
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

When I try to edit a differential backup schedule and go to backup settings, the backup type changes to Incremental.
To resolve it, I have to go back to Step 1 and change it back, which means I have to redo Step 2,3,4 as well.

Furthermore, when I continue to Step 3, the path incorrectly shows Computer\C:\C:. It fixes itself when I select the cbu file I want or I type it in.

Version 4.3.7.17
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

• After doing a backup, under manage and manage event tab, the description for compressed size and uncompressed size seems to be reversed.

• When renaming a custom profile under shortcut, the timer event that correspond to that custom profile doesn’t change names until we restart comodo backup application

• Editing a custom profile scheduler doesn’t seems to remember the current scheduler. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

• If we first create a custom profile (without touching scheduler), and then create a scheduler by clicking on the timer icon under shortcut tab, an identical custom profile is created with name that is “orig shortcut name to My Computer”.

Version: 4.3.7.17 (up to date)
Security software: Avast Free (v. 2014.9.0.2013 (definitions up to date but program is not))

Problem: Backing up browser data crashes CB

How I produced it:
I opened up CB, and selected the Backup option. With all standard settings, I clicked “Browser data”. The program freezes, then a second after Windows throws up the “stopped working” box.

This is WITH Firefox open, if that makes a difference.

I have not tried a fix, as I don’t know what fix I should do.

Screenshot:

(sorry if you don’t like imgur, but it’s the easiest to use)

Crash dump and debug info: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28190989/ComodoCompressedLogs.rar
(again, sorry if you don’t like the site host. it’s just easier for me since i already own a dropbox acc.)

As I said, all settings are standard. I have already set up a backup that works, but it did this before I set up the first one.

I’m reporting this simply just in case anyone else has the same problem. It’s not massively important, but should help you nonetheless.
Although, I wouldn’t mind trying out what that feature does.

Thanks for your help! :-TU