Author Topic: COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports  (Read 43418 times)

Offline disabled account 9

• Comodo Member
Re: COMODO Backup 4.1.4.0 Bug Reports
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2012, 11:27:20 AM »
(...)
To translate what happened, according to logs:
1) CBU tried to open the selected backup file ("E:\teste.cbu")
2) It returned invalid password (because no password was provided yet)
3) CBU tried to request a password from user, the operation was cancelled (error 62)
4) The mount operation failed with error code 8

Is the backup password protected?

Thanks

The backup is password protected. But I did not cancelled. And my password is not wrong, I'm sure. Even so, just after my last post I thought that I should check whether it could be a password (or encryption) related issue. So I created a partition backup with no passoword at all. Even so, I got the same error.  ???

Just now, I've done the same:
- created a fresh partition backup, with no password and no encryption;
- tried to mount it; a progress bar is shown; when it completes, a Windows Explorer window opens with no content and an error message is issued ("f:\ refers to an unavailable local. etc.");
- CB keeps showing the path and name of the "mounted" backup as an entry in the list of "Mounted Drives" tab;
- the entry stays blinking as if CB is stuck within some processing;
- finally, I click the button "Unmount" on the right end of the entry (maybe this is the "cancel" user action?)
- the supposedly mounted drive is "unmounted".

The logs follow attached again.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Comodo Member
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2012, 09:38:50 AM »
The backup is password protected. But I did not cancelled. And my password is not wrong, I'm sure. Even so, just after my last post I thought that I should check whether it could be a password (or encryption) related issue. So I created a partition backup with no passoword at all. Even so, I got the same error.  ???

(...)

I have some useful news, I hope. Yesterday, I finally got time to try one thing: log on to my computer as an administrator and try to mount a .cbu backup. Success!

By the way, CBU.exe and GUI_x64_3rd_dec_2012.exe behaves slightly different, but both mount the drive as expected. However, the former shows the .cbu file as not mounted yet, even after mounting it successfuly.

So let me add a detail in my scenario: I'm always logged on as a restricted user. When needed, I "runas" administrator CB or any other application. So the mount operation fails in this scenario. Anyway, *this* is the scenario where I work everytime. Can this issue be fixed?

Any clue will be appreciated.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:15 AM »
So let me add a detail in my scenario: I'm always logged on as a restricted user. When needed, I "runas" administrator CB or any other application. So the mount operation fails in this scenario. Anyway, *this* is the scenario where I work everytime. Can this issue be fixed?
I'm curios about disk backups (not partition, but entire disks), are they visible when mounted using "run as" administrator?
If yes, I think the issue can be fixed.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

• Comodo Member
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2012, 03:12:38 PM »
I'm curios about disk backups (not partition, but entire disks), are they visible when mounted using "run as" administrator?
If yes, I think the issue can be fixed.

Thanks

Yes, they are mounted and visible with no problem! A surprise to me, since my previous tests were with partition or folder backup.

By the way, testing this flawed scenario for the n-th time, I found an interesting thing. As I've said, when I click the "Mount" button, I get the error message from Windows saying that the drive <whatever> doesn't exist. Trying to mount another .cbu file, I clicked the "Browse" button and found that the mounted drive was visible inside the "Open" dialog, that is, in the same (runas administrator) context of CB. Even so, the mounted drive doesn't appear for another application, even when the latter is run as the same administrator. Nor does the drive appear for that administrator if I switch the user session for one where that same administrator is logged on.

I hope that such details can be useful.

Offline Emanuel Sescu

• Comodo Staff
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Emanuel Sescu
« Reply #79 on: December 20, 2012, 03:10:34 AM »
Yes, the information is usefull. It will help us in implementing a fix for the issue.

Thanks
----
Regards,

Emanuel Sescu
Follow Me

Offline seppk

« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 12:46:47 PM »
Hier hängt die Maske. Vorhandene Backups werden nicht angezeigt:

[img width= height=]http://www.abload.de/thumb/comodoyjj09.jpg[/img]

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek