Author Topic: Why I'm Cutting Up My Credit Card  (Read 35209 times)

Offline gleach

• Comodo Loves me
Re: Why I'm Cutting Up My Credit Card
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2012, 06:33:23 PM »
I am not pro- credit but my debit card is very useful because I give my money away, I can't help it
« The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. »
Sun Tzu

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 06:30:53 PM »
With CIS the buffer overflow detection may get the attack. Running a browser in the sandbox also may protect you.

Please respond on topic.

Offline Charger440

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 12:23:21 AM »
Interesting Video. 

Melih is older than I imagined.   I like the idea though

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2015, 02:05:59 AM »
Melih,

An interesting video with a simple message, but who are you talking to? Malware entering a home user's computer (hosting mostly client applications) is an annoyance and may require the infected user to "cut up their credit cards", but it seems to me that the situation you describe, where thousands of people have their financial information stolen because of malware, is a corporate issue affecting mainly server applications?

It's a great message, but that video, simple and effective as it is, seems to be aimed at the wrong people....

We end users care if we have to cut up our credit cards, but do we care if thousands of other people have to cut up theirs?  I rather think we'd all smugly sit back, pat CIS on the head for doing such a great job, and not give a thought to the corporate cost. I certainly wouldn't shed a tear for the "150 financial institutions" that might be affected.

Online retailers, on the other hand, should be required to sit down and watch your video. It needs to be seen by the boards (i.e. the decision makers) of all the major online retail companies. Breaches of their (server) systems are what really causes thousands of people to have to cut up their credit cards. Yet this friendly, fireside chat, style of message doesn't seem to me like it's going to make many directors of information security sit up and take note. It seems to be aimed at end users like me, and that's the wrong audience (IMO).

To get corporate boards to sit up and take notice you need to speak the only language they understand. Money. I appreciate it's hard to get at the real costs of security breaches because few companies want that sort of information made public, but if you told a board that inaction in this area will eventually cost them x-million dollars in lost business, compensation, and lawsuits and that their share options will plunge in value, they might be more inclined to listen?

I'm a retired dinosaur by the way. I spent most of my working life in large mainframe security on IBM operating systems. Default Deny was always the rock on which those security systems were built, and it worked too (and still works as far as I know). Of course, back in those days there was only one computer (the mainframe), client/server was in it's infancy, and a virus was something you called a doctor for...!

Offline abdulh

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2016, 09:44:14 PM »
There's no reason to cut up a credit card. If you can't afford it, then don't buy it. There is a mentality that we can buy anything and just be able to pay off the minimum payment. Just don't do it!

Offline coldwater80

« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 04:14:50 AM »
comodo 30 day guarantee does not work.
you send email to get refund and they do not answer you . if they answer they will just ask what your reasons is for cancellation.
you will write your reason and they will not respond ever. Then you will miss the 30 days deadline and they will answer you . Oh sorry but you have missed the deadline.
What a company.

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2016, 06:20:47 AM »
you send email to get refund and they do not answer you . if they answer they will just ask what your reasons is for cancellation.
you will write your reason and they will not respond ever. Then you will miss the 30 days deadline and they will answer you . Oh sorry but you have missed the deadline.
What a company.

Indeed, what a company. They create the best, most comprehensive, and most secure security system ever and then - they give it away for free. What a company!

Offline coldwater80

« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2016, 12:56:49 PM »
:) How clever they are. they have fake customers to flatter the company or lie on behalf of them . Is ubuysa Melih ?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 04:28:19 PM by coldwater80 »

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »
:) How clever they are. they have fake customers to flatter the company or lie on behalf of them .
You'd better to be able to back this up. I understand being frustrated but trolling is a step too far.
Is Comodo's hero Melih ?
He's the CEO and visits this forum; not as often as he used to but he still does.

Online Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2016, 04:17:52 PM »
What a company.

You can PM your details (you order number etc), I will make sure you get a full refund.
thanks.

Offline ubuysa

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2016, 03:35:15 AM »
:) How clever they are. they have fake customers to flatter the company or lie on behalf of them . Is ubuysa Melih ?

Nope, ubuysa is a very long standing and very satisfied Comodo user thank you. Last time I looked in the mirror I was real too - and I don't much appreciate being called a liar either, you should take care how you speak to people.

Oh, and I'm not alone, there are thousands of very real Comodo users who appreciate what a great company they are!

Offline coldwater80

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2016, 04:02:52 AM »
Melih is taking care of my complaint. Thank you all for your support.

Offline coldwater80

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 04:51:47 AM »
Thank you very much Melih.

Online Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 11:01:24 AM »
Thank you very much Melih.

Anytime! We are here to serve you.

Offline cocalaur

• Comodo's Hero
  • Happy COMODO user
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2017, 11:03:12 AM »
Ok now I've got a chance to speak up too :) with my opinion, as a comodo user.

I work in customer service. Most of my work and previous work is based on that. Many times I've also got complaints from customers because they didn't have elementary computer knowledge and they didn't read the instructions, ignore the warnings etc..... Officially though, the customer is always right, even unreasonable customers...

Computers are like cars. You need to learn to operate a car and have a license. Same with computers and software. They are human made. They are not perfect. But in most cases there is a solution to the problem.

Personally i have invested time into understanding how computers work.  I've failed and tried again and again. I've even got to the point when I've lost all data because of my experiments. Several times... The same times i was able to get data back myself... All based on previous knowledge. This is just an example.

My point is that every software including comodo can work, 
But the user must also know some basics... The types of threats and how they work so he can understand the alerts... How hardware works in order to find the cause of an error, current standard and non standard mitigations against threats and how to apply them,  etc.

I'm not saying customers should not be helped, on the contrary. However most of the times they think companies have the magic pill to their problems. And they cannot follow or don't read the instructions if given. They don't have the basic knowledge.

It's impossible for a company to please everyone. That's a fact. However in every case there is always help available.

I can tell comodo is:
-an open company (the CEO himself gets in touch with customers, i have not seen this in any company that I've previously dealth with - thanks Melih :) )
-a company that really delivers (with CIS 10, nowhere else you will see the protection features that CIS provides - for FREE !! )
-even if the product is free, support is available here as well,  even from the CEO melih - thank you Melih!

The simple fact that you receive FREE support here for a FREE product should make you a bit humble.

And also from experience i see that users here are actually listened to - see comodo 6 with the interface and cis10 with offline installer,  just of the top of my head, And surely more - thanks Melih and whole COMODO team :)

If you have a problem, try to bring all the facts and collect all the information you can or are requested

For me comodo works, has worked since I've first used it - no more malware on my PC - thanks Melih and comodo team -

Again this was my opinion. Yes, we can complain about a product or service, it's our right... But first let's make sure we read help first from online, we understand the phenomenon in the first place and if we have a complaint we can back it up with solid evidence.

If we have problems with comodo we should know how to send logs... The team cannot fix problems from thin air.

Yes, there is always room for improvement. However i feel comodo is on the right track and for me personally it has not disappointed. Thank you comodo.

I wish all a nice day :)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 11:04:57 AM by cocalaur »
=================================
Son: "Dad, what is malware?"
Dad: "I don't know, son, we use COMODO."
=================================

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek