Author Topic: The Future of Computer Security  (Read 107830 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: The Future of Computer Security
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2011, 02:20:19 PM »
Christopher

I asked the devs to take a look at this.

sorry for the inconvienience.

Melih

Offline murphych

« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2011, 03:32:44 PM »
Thank you for your prompt response, I hope we can resolve this as ASAP

Offline Topcat2456

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »

Offline murphych

« Reply #63 on: August 15, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
Christopher

I asked the devs to take a look at this.

sorry for the inconvienience.

Melih

Meliih,

It is now 15th August and I still have had no response from the devs or any viable solution to the problems.

I spoke to my accountant today and the situation is this. As a UK Ltd trading company if I am unable to provide my accounts I have to be seen to be pro-actively doing everything possible to resolve the situation. I have exhausted all other means and the only people who can help is Comodo and you have not helped me at all.  I have a meeting arranged with a solicitor today and will start litigation proceedings for loss or data, business and expenses dating from the 6th July - 25th July when I able to resume trading. All correspondence will be sent to your UK/Manchester office.

I am very sorry we couldnt resolve this amicably, but if i am not seen to be taking all appropriate action then it leaves me liable to action and penalties from the UK Inland Revenue.

Offline KoPRoSKyLo

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2011, 06:51:21 PM »
It's terrible when something like this happens, especially so if it happens on a mission-critical business machine.  I'm just curious Christopher:  Don't you have an up-to-date backup???  I'm sorry to state the obvious, but it is quite foolish and irresponsible to install any kind of software on any system without fully backing-up your data first  - especially so on a mission-critical system like yours.  And it's not about software installs only.  What if your disk dies?  How can you rely on the health of a single disk when it's your company's valuable, irreplaceable data at stake?

You may want to blame Comodo all you want, but if I were you I'd blame myself primarily.  At the end of the day what steps did you take to protect your system beforehand?  Sorry for being so frank and please don't take this as a personal attack, I just state facts here:  Not having a full up-to-day backup nowadays is plainly ignorant, especially on a business machine.  You were very careless and this is a fact that is non-debatable.  If you were to have an incremental backup scheduled on a daily basis, then you could just restore and have your system back in minutes without having the need for ...forensic data expert services and solicitors....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:55:12 PM by KoPRoSKyLo »

Offline ArtemisF0wl

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2011, 05:04:06 AM »
+1

encrypting an entire drive without backing it up first seems pretty irresponsible.

Offline murphych

« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2011, 09:28:47 AM »
[
It's terrible when something like this happens, especially so if it happens on a mission-critical business machine.  I'm just curious Christopher:  Don't you have an up-to-date backup???  I'm sorry to state the obvious, but it is quite foolish and irresponsible to install any kind of software on any system without fully backing-up your data first  - especially so on a mission-critical system like yours.  And it's not about software installs only.  What if your disk dies?  How can you rely on the health of a single disk when it's your company's valuable, irreplaceable data at stake?

You may want to blame Comodo all you want, but if I were you I'd blame myself primarily.  At the end of the day what steps did you take to protect your system beforehand?  Sorry for being so frank and please don't take this as a personal attack, I just state facts here:  Not having a full up-to-day backup nowadays is plainly ignorant, especially on a business machine.  You were very careless and this is a fact that is non-debatable.  If you were to have an incremental backup scheduled on a daily basis, then you could just restore and have your system back in minutes without having the need for ...forensic data expert services and solicitors....
Go onto Comodo forums and enter CDE and look at the amount of people who have had the same issue with requests for help dating back since 2009 !! Thankfully the bulk of my business data is safely on line in my companies CRM becuause if it had not been, I would of been out of business... Regarding the back up.. I recently had computer virus issues and was wary of transfering data in/out via a USB stick because something kept on reinstalling the virus, so the plan was to encrypt the drive and then take a back up of the encryption..

Offline murphych

« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2011, 09:31:45 AM »
+1

encrypting an entire drive without backing it up first seems pretty irresponsible.

Having a program that WIPEs out peoples data as soon as you use it is pretty irresponsible, Go onto Comodo forums and enter CDE and look at the amount of people who have had the same issue with requests for help dating back since 2009 !!

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek