Author Topic: Machine vs Human - A War Underway!  (Read 43235 times)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog

Offline giraffe

• Comodo's Hero
Re: Machine vs Human - A War Underway!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:07:39 AM »
Well a large part of the problem is human ignorance/stupidity/malevolence of course.

The Turing Test doesn't allow for the difficulty of many humans not passing it.
XP Pro SP3
Comodo FW
Avast
Pale Moon
SAS and MBAM on-demand.

Offline pwallace

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 06:43:39 PM »
Regarding humans I have been working with Comodo for over six years and I just spoke with the best technical support human I have ever dealt with at your company and his name is Lindsay.  Please hire more like him.

Regards,

Pippin Wallace
Hosting Sys Admin
RightNow Technologies

3xist

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 03:02:22 AM »
Humans will win this war... Thanks to COMODO.

Josh

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 09:39:18 AM »
Regarding humans I have been working with Comodo for over six years and I just spoke with the best technical support human I have ever dealt with at your company and his name is Lindsay.  Please hire more like him.

Regards,

Pippin Wallace
Hosting Sys Admin
RightNow Technologies

Thanks for that Pippin, we really appreciate your feedback. But Lyndsay is a Cyborg!! :)

Melih

Offline hardleyouth

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 08:24:25 PM »
Yar!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you Comodo, we will win this fight against them nasty infectious viruses TOGETHER!! GO COMODO!!!!!  :BNC

Data

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 09:17:24 PM »
The machine isn't the problem. What gives it 'presence', is. As long as an OS exists that can be externally altered, nothing will change.

Terminators have a single role. That's what makes them so good at what they do. Give them choices, like real people, they fall apart as they become susceptible to being coherced into the wrong decision.

People have a need to show they can do better than what exists. The war will never end.

Offline Android2007

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:00 AM »
I would say it's war humans vs humans.

Offline amandagmoore

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 01:08:20 PM »
Wouldn't it make sense for someone to develop a technology that can tell the difference b/t a human and a machine? From the first data input through the entire session...staying active on every page? Lots of the criminals have hired cheap labor to log in as humans, but then switch to bots. A technology determining human vs. machine through out the entire section would help...my two cents. Is there anything out there like this?

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 05:40:17 PM »
Wouldn't it make sense for someone to develop a technology that can tell the difference b/t a human and a machine? From the first data input through the entire session...staying active on every page? Lots of the criminals have hired cheap labor to log in as humans, but then switch to bots. A technology determining human vs. machine through out the entire section would help...my two cents. Is there anything out there like this?

There are many attempts at doing that. One good example would be CAPTCHAs. These are graphical texts that you need to enter into a text box. The idea is that a human can decipher what is being said in that graphic whereas its more difficult for bots to do that.

thanks
Melih

Offline J2897

• Comodo's Hero
  • Limted User Account Enforcer
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 12:40:50 AM »
I think its strange, how we could probably make a CAPTCHA that is so complex, that only a machine would be able to decipher. Yet, also, we can make CAPTCHA's that are so complex, only a human can decipher.

Maybe we are the same, just running different Code.

Like you said...

Just like the DNA that gives us our code about what us humans should do, programs tell machines what they should do!

It just makes you wonder who is Programming us, and who will be Programming the machines in the Future... China?

I need sleep... That's just too dang freaky...

Offline amandagmoore

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 09:48:41 AM »
Captcha does not work. Like I said, the bad guys hire very cheap labor to break captcha and once they are in they turn on the bots. There needs to be something that can tell if it is a human or a bot providing the data inputs. It needs to be active in the entire session so as soon as it changes from human to machine they can detect and block, put into a sand box, whatever they think is right based on the actions. There is a company out of Georgia called Pramana that have developed this kind of thing. They spun out of Georgia Tech where they have a large botnet research program. What do you think about that kind of technology?

Offline J2897

• Comodo's Hero
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 10:05:37 AM »
I could 'control Rats', if I could Program their reality.

The same is True for all animals.

I 'could' make them do what 'I' wanted, regardless of what 'they' themselves wanted.

If I had the Technolodgy to make them live Forever, I could control them Forever.

I would become the God (or Devil) of thier World.

All Human Intelligence MUST be made/kept 'equal'.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:07:10 AM by J2045 »

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 03:44:54 PM »
Indeed you are presenting interesting thoughts about who and what controls the software that runs humans.. Will we ever find out? Can we ever find out? For you to find that out, don't you have to extracate yourself from your reality and how can you do that when you are programmed to live that reality?

Great discussion topics over few beers  :Beer

Melih

Offline J2897

• Comodo's Hero
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 09:09:53 PM »
That Beer looks so Cold and Real... But I know that its just the Matrix telling my brain that it is Cold and Real!  :D

Will we ever find out? Can we ever find out?

I doubt that... I should imagine they thoroughly beta tested it before the Final Release! ;D

There's nothing on the Metasploit Forums...

I'll Post another serious Post in this thread in a couple of days. I need some time to think about it. Its more related to my last Post than 'DNA Code' or anything 'outside of our reality'.  :-TU
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:34:58 PM by J2045 »

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek