Author Topic: LOVE COMODO...WHY SEND VER3 TO FINAL?  (Read 3840 times)

HyJaxLTD

LOVE COMODO...WHY SEND VER3 TO FINAL?
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:07:40 PM »
Melih,

What gives?  As a user of Comodo Firewall 2.4, I was extremely excited about v.3 being a final release!!!  This has become a large dissappointment (:AGY)  This product is obviously still a beta and was very curious as to your thoughts as it being a final?  The largest issue is with un-installing (which usually comes not too long after installling).  I have just been through the forums and will be attempting to un-install, however, if it doesn't work I may never be using Comodo products again.  Both personaaly and in my business life.  Don't get me wrong, I think you guys (until v.3) have shown the upmost respect for PC security.  Additionally, v.3 has huge issues with any xtra periphials (i.e. USB drives, Camera's, etc...).  I should think that with all of Comodo's talk of end-user security and peace of mind you would consider moving this back into beta.  WAAAAAAAy TOO MANY BUGS for me >:(  I do know the implications of actually doing this and feel very compassionate about it, but as a developer myself can not understand why your policies seem to be moving much more towards a MS view (that is releasing products before they are actually ready).  --wasn't there a discussion as to why/when v.3 was in beta and you guys not wanting to do exactly what you have done?  :'(

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: LOVE COMODO...WHY SEND VER3 TO FINAL?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 05:12:58 PM »
hi HyJaxLTD

Please tell us exactly what you had problems with so that we can try to address it, It could or it could not be due to v3. Let us identify it. If we find a bug thats causing it, we will thank you and fix it asap, if not, we will still thank you for allowing us to serve you with your issue.

thanks
Melih

HyJaxLTD

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »
hi HyJaxLTD

Please tell us exactly what you had problems with so that we can try to address it, It could or it could not be due to v3. Let us identify it. If we find a bug thats causing it, we will thank you and fix it asap, if not, we will still thank you for allowing us to serve you with your issue.

Okay, to start with, lets pick the most prevailing issue others are having...Un-installation.

When I went to uninstall it, I was not aware that I would have to manually shut it down.  I was constantly bombarded with "firewall alerts', making it a very lengthy process (this may also have contributed to all the left over peices in my system).  Like all others, after the system sut down and restarted, WSC was left with the notion that Comodo was still running, even though I had just went through the uninstall process.

Even after looking through the forum topics and downloading the File+Reg Cleaner, I was left with the following entries:
reg1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup

reg2
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

reg3
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000

reg4
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD\0000

reg5
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP\0000

reg6
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000

reg7
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000

reg8
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD\0000

reg9
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP\0000

reg10
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000

reg11
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDAGENT\0000

reg12
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDGUARD\0000

reg13
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_CMDHLP\0000

reg14
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_INSPECT\0000

reg15
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1292428093-1708537768-725345543-1003\Software\ComodoGroup

reg16
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1292428093-1708537768-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\MUICache

(I have also attached the exports in a .zip file for examination)

I wish I would have had my bug pad open during all of this, however, I did not forsee too many problems due to the stability and functionallity of v.2.4.  However, some of the problems do include registering connected USB devices such as my USB Key and USB connected camera.  I was never able to get these devices to register if connected for the first time after installing Comodo, but did not have too much of a problem if I had connected them before installing Comodo.  Also, I was not able to shut down Defense+ after selecting to use it in the setup.  I really liked the fact that v2.4 would turn off Windows firewall for me, as a Vista install showed me that I would need to do this myself (or suffer the consequences), in v3.0.15.227.  I was aware of this when I installed it to my XP, so I manually turned off Windows Firewall b4 install.   Also, some of the "alerts" were for the exact same thing but kept popping up even when I made sure to check the box(s) for remembering my answer.  In Vista 64bit, some of my drivers would not even install after Comodo (these problems existed both when Comdod was installed and uninstalled).

I am sorry that I cannot give you much more detail, but like I said, I was expecting the reliability I had gotten used to with v2.4.  Thank you for replying to my post so quickly and I really hope you guys either patch this in the very near future as it is very nice to have dependable software in such an undependable enviroment (i.e Windows).  If I can be of further assistance please send me a message or email, for right now I am going to be re-installing my XP due to unknown instabilities that did not exist previously (and it takes a while for XP setup to format my drive.

PLC -pilot out (:NRD)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:42:29 PM »
Thank you.

Passed to our dev guys..

thats their weekend gone :)

Melih

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek