Author Topic: Hey Melih!...  (Read 6489 times)

Josh123

Hey Melih!...
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:19:53 AM »
"Product testers and reviewers can magnify small errors, and most software that is released has errors.  I say let Comodo developers be confident the guts of the product has absolutely no serious errors and let them work to patch up a few more small issues.  Be sure. "

Agreed!

this is only v3 Smiley

we will, shortly after, release will have 3.1 launched as well with hopefully with CMG built in and CAV3 integrated (not bundled, you can still run it as a stand alone etc).. So you will see continuous improvements from us Smiley and as you rightly said, there will always be issues and the good thing is we will always be here to fix them quickly!

then 3.2.... etc.... with TC (no thats not TrustConnect)(can't tell you what it is yet.. patenting is being done...)  then 3.3... with SB (can't tell you what this is, patenting is being done:))(not SandBox btw.. )  (depending on what comes of production line sooner the orders of launches might change... This development train we have is going in full steam!!!!! and V3.. is the first stop!!! Smiley

Melih

Melih

From the post above you posted back in November last year, We know TC is off course Threat Cast, But is Comodo Memory Firewall and CAVS 3 integration still planned to be into CFP 3? Basically... All I am saying is all the above still going to happen?

and when will 3.1 be out?

Cheers,
Josh.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
Re: Hey Melih!...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 09:27:46 AM »
From the post above you posted back in November last year, We know TC is off course Threat Cast, But is Comodo Memory Firewall and CAVS 3 integration still planned to be into CFP 3? Basically... All I am saying is all the above still going to happen?

and when will 3.1 be out?

Cheers,
Josh.

hi Josh

yes CMG will be a component of CFP soon.
CAV: still going... hope to have something soon..(the scanner that got added to CPF is working like charm.. so fingers crossed we will now finalise the rest for a stand alone CAV release)

cheers
Melih

Offline eXPerience

• Left the Forums
  • Comodo's Hero
  • Free Forever !
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 11:48:50 AM »
And.... TC is already integrated in the new beta version of the firewall (look in the beta corner ;D)

Xan

Offline Info-Sec

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 12:29:48 PM »
hi Josh

CAV: still going... hope to have something soon..(the scanner that got added to CPF is working like charm.. so fingers crossed we will now finalise the rest for a stand alone CAV release)

cheers
Melih

Of course the firewall can still be available with out CAV?
*Vista *CFP V3 *Avira * Avast *Spyware Doctor
*XP *Zone Alarm PRO *NOD32 V2.7 *Spysweeper

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 12:31:28 PM »
Of course the firewall can still be available with out CAV?

yes.

Offline raynor

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 01:12:47 AM »

Hi,

I take it that being "a component" implies that the "Memory Firewall" will
be optional, i.e. being de-selectable at install time (please please)?

Because ... you know ... bloatware and stuff  ... 88)

Best regards,
raynor

Josh123

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 02:34:56 AM »
hi Josh

cheers
Melih

Yep!

Yes... I see TC is already part of the new beta version!, and yes the CAVS 3 scanner in CFP 3 is working well :-), and Thanks for your reply Melih.. You answered all my questions :).... at the moment.... lol  ;D

Josh.

Josh123

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 02:36:41 AM »
Hi,

I take it that being "a component" implies that the "Memory Firewall" will
be optional, i.e. being de-selectable at install time (please please)?

Because ... you know ... bloatware and stuff  ... 88)

Best regards,
raynor

I am sure CFP 3, with CMG & CAVS 3 intergated, Will still keep CFP at low resource!

Josh.

Offline raynor

• Comodo Family Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:36:57 PM »
I am sure CFP 3, with CMG & CAVS 3 intergated, Will still keep CFP at low resource!

Hi Josh,

be that as it may (resource-wise), but that is not the main point  ^_^

I simply want to CHOOSE what  to install, leaving out any superfluous stuff that I will
never use. One of the reasons for that is of course resource consumption. But there is
another important one: simplicity. I like to keep things simple. I dont like a gazillion
of options, plugins, etc. That is why I like to do 'light' installations.

And I know there are others who feel the same.

So all that I'm asking for is to keep things optional (on install time).

Winamp is a great example for that. If you do a custom installation, you can de-select just
about everything, and you can custom-tailor your installation to your very own needs :)

regards,
raynor

Josh123

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 01:40:40 AM »
Hi Josh,

be that as it may (resource-wise), but that is not the main point  ^_^

I simply want to CHOOSE what  to install, leaving out any superfluous stuff that I will
never use. One of the reasons for that is of course resource consumption. But there is
another important one: simplicity. I like to keep things simple. I dont like a gazillion
of options, plugins, etc. That is why I like to do 'light' installations.

And I know there are others who feel the same.

So all that I'm asking for is to keep things optional (on install time).

Winamp is a great example for that. If you do a custom installation, you can de-select just
about everything, and you can custom-tailor your installation to your very own needs :)

regards,
raynor

Melih will get back to you  ;D

Josh.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek