Author Topic: Comodo Agrees to pay $50,000 to AV-Comparatives.org.....  (Read 156554 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: Comodo Agrees to pay $50,000 to AV-Comparatives.org.....
« Reply #420 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:12 AM »
.. Comodo wanted not give the results to public in first time ..
I'm sorry that's also wrong, Comodo declined to pay AV-C the extra fee that is required publish the results rather than deciding to "not give the results to [the] public".
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline M.Richter

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #421 on: February 27, 2013, 09:56:39 AM »
I'm sorry that's also wrong, Comodo declined to pay AV-C the extra fee that is required publish the results rather than deciding to "not give the results to [the] public".

What is wrong? All Vendors must pay the extra fee for make it public. All Vendors have the same Base at AV-C.. So Comodo wanted not show it to public, cause they wanted not pay for. But that is ok. Its Comodos decision.

:)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
« Reply #422 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:24 AM »
What is wrong? All Vendors must pay the extra fee for make it public. All Vendors have the same Base at AV-C.. So Comodo wanted not show it to public, cause they wanted not pay for. But that is ok. Its Comodos decision. ..
You don't know that Comodo's desire was solely not to show it to the public. That's the bit that's wrong.. unless you know something that I don't?

In addition, I'm not enirely sure what you mean by the first bit (".. All Vendors must pay the extra fee for make it public. All Vendors have the same Base at AV-C .."). However, it does personally bother me that vendors can pay for tests over and over again (without disclosing that fact) until they get a result that they like.. if that's what you mean?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 10:11:56 AM by kail »
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline ad18

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #423 on: March 27, 2013, 09:12:59 PM »
It seems wrong for antivirus companies to pay to be tested. Then the testers will give them good scores so they keep getting their money! Thanks for keeping them honest Melih. ;D

Offline M.Richter

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #424 on: March 28, 2013, 09:40:14 PM »
However, it does personally bother me that vendors can pay for tests over and over again (without disclosing that fact) until they get a result that they like.. if that's what you mean?

sorry, i had not see ur answer. No, that is not what i mean. Cause at AV-C. all vendors must pay the same, for the same test with the same rules for all. So they all have the same base. So, the payment does not make the results better.

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #425 on: March 30, 2013, 12:29:42 PM »
sorry, i had not see ur answer. No, that is not what i mean. Cause at AV-C. all vendors must pay the same, for the same test with the same rules for all. So they all have the same base. So, the payment does not make the results better.

how do you know that? :)
how do you know what kind of samples they share with which AV vendors?
how do you know what kind of safe files they share with which AV vendors?
how do you know what is going behind the closed door with payments and deals?
how do you know all this without having standards and a 3rd party audit all this?

Where is their ISO certification which they claimed they were getting over a year ago???

Offline M.Richter

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #426 on: March 30, 2013, 07:31:01 PM »
how do you know that? :)

Cause i have spoke about payment and methodology. And that is for all vendors the same.

how do you know what kind of samples they share with which AV vendors?
how do you know what kind of safe files they share with which AV vendors?

I thought we speak about payment!?? I have not spoke about the samples. But so far i know, They told already that they will share missing samples with the vendors who participate. But i am not 100% sure, cause i dont find a link. So tell me if i am wrong. :) 

how do you know what is going behind the closed door with payments and deals?
how do you know all this without having standards and a 3rd party audit all this?

Cause they gave this answers in a german forum. And so i trust them. Par example, Egemen tolds us, that a new version of CIS comes out in the end of february! Till today i saw no new version and no new statement from u or Egemen.  I dont know too what happend behind Comodos doors, but i still trust Comodo. And the new version will come ;) ... i think u understand.

Where is their ISO certification which they claimed they were getting over a year ago???

I dont know. A good question to ask IBK from AV-C or someone else from AV-C.  I cant answer u that.

Offline newdeacon

« Reply #427 on: March 31, 2013, 12:16:59 PM »
Independent third party testing is the only way to verify results. Too many companies are either conducting there own biased studies or paying to have good results posted. Muck like all those 'think tanks' which are run by corporations to support their own agenda. :-TU

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #428 on: April 02, 2013, 04:10:59 PM »
Did Comodo pay 50k $?

Offline w-e-v

• Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
  • BETA FORCE MEMBER
« Reply #429 on: April 02, 2013, 04:40:04 PM »
Did Comodo pay 50k $?
No, they rejected the offer and asked the money to be donated because they said they were in the process to be audited. Apparently they never did.

Offline ad18

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #430 on: April 05, 2013, 10:15:44 AM »
This makes me wonder if AV-Comparatives is really legit.  :)

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek