Author Topic: AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deals-continued...  (Read 75852 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: AV-Comparatives.org, bullying, censorship and financial deals-continued...
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 07:50:59 AM »
So this type of testing condition is considered OK for VB, but not Matousec. Interesting.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 07:57:19 AM by kail »
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:02 AM »
Yes, Matousec does not take into account FPs, though they are very undesireable.

Offline Siketa

• Comodo's Hero
  • ZIG ZAG
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 09:18:07 AM »
Talking about Matousec, I wonder if they are going to make 64-bit test of CIS 5.9 or will be waiting for CIS 6.0.
http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2011, 09:24:24 AM »
Yes, Matousec does not take into account FPs, though they are very undesireable.
Actually, no. There are no False Positives (literally) in Matousec's testing, the test case is either deemed determined to have breached the target system or not.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 09:29:34 AM by kail »
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2011, 09:28:49 AM »
Talking about Matousec, I wonder if they are going to make 64-bit test of CIS 5.9 or will be waiting for CIS 6.0. ..
That's completely up to Matousec. Although, I doubt they are waiting for any particular version of CIS.
Forum Policy.
____

Offline Daggy

• Comodo Member
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:36 AM »
What "misleading" information might that be that I was referring?

We had an agreement with AV-Comparatives, I couldn't answer Tech's question, so I said "you are asking the wrong people" to him....

the point here is: Comodo is a customer to AV-Comparatives. There are confidential information and agreement. They are writing to Comodo threatening Comodo that they will reveal this confidential information to public if we don't comply with them. Is that ethical?

Please check to see if what I said in my posts justified the threat we received from AV-Comparatives, or were they unjustifiable threatening.

thanks
Melih

Sounds like mafia metods if  you ask me   "you said something we dont like"  And they start to  threatening you .I think they will try   weaken  Comodos reputasion . Thats the case  if they go public. It`s all  a game...Its abute gaining Face.You should keep your lawyers informed and with evidence what was said and not, in case this blows up to an storm in the media.  Maybe I exaggerate a bit with such a thought, but you never know

Your welcome : Daggy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 06:45:23 AM by Daggy »

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
Look at the date ;)

Personally i dont like to see burning money for un-necessary things.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there has been no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen.
But there wasnt a phone...."

Offline Daggy

• Comodo Member
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2013, 12:31:28 PM »
Look at the date ;)

Personally i dont like to see burning money for un-necessary things.

Yeah ;)  did see it a bit to late only my thoughts...

Offline B4UC1

« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2013, 09:03:28 PM »
Hum have often wondered why Comodo is not included a great deal in many of the testing sites so are there any sites in particular I could look for?

As for the PC mags well they are a complete waste of time in my mind and seemingly biased towards certain brands of software which they give away willy nilly for "favours"??

Offline andrei1997

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2013, 09:01:00 PM »
Hum have often wondered why Comodo is not included a great deal in many of the testing sites so are there any sites in particular I could look for?

As for the PC mags well they are a complete waste of time in my mind and seemingly biased towards certain brands of software which they give away willy nilly for "favours"??
This website which was posted on facebook by comodo desktop security. they tested comodo.
http://antiviruscentral.net

Offline M.Richter

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2013, 10:29:16 PM »
This website which was posted on facebook by comodo desktop security. they tested comodo.
http://antiviruscentral.net

it is not a real test, i see no methodology, it is more personal opinion about any facts... if u read all, then u see that all AV Softwares are really good... and Ad-Aware free AV is the best of all with 9,3 Points ...

Offline andrei1997

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
it is not a real test, i see no methodology, it is more personal opinion about any facts... if u read all, then u see that all AV Softwares are really good... and Ad-Aware free AV is the best of all with 9,3 Points ...

it isn't...Wasn't aware of that, given I didn't look carefully.

Offline Nick Does Computers

• Not for Profit Antivirus Tester
Which i kind of wonder if kaspersky is as good as they say it is now... Comodo is the only thing thats ever worked for me. Fees to test antiviruses? Paying for it to be tested? Sounds Corrupt.  Sounds like AV Comparatives may be corrupt.  Any money that changes hands is not good with AV testers. I would advise you to not pay them anything and bring them to court for their corruption.

Offline Solarlynx

• Comodo's Hero
Fees to test antiviruses? Paying for it to be tested? Sounds Corrupt.  Sounds like AV Comparatives may be corrupt.  Any money that changes hands is not good with AV testers. I would advise you to not pay them anything and bring them to court for their corruption.

I believe they just cannot make good tests free of charge. It's not a trivial procedure.

Offline spywar

• Malware Research Group
  • Star Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Which i kind of wonder if kaspersky is as good as they say it is now... Comodo is the only thing thats ever worked for me. Fees to test antiviruses? Paying for it to be tested? Sounds Corrupt.  Sounds like AV Comparatives may be corrupt.  Any money that changes hands is not good with AV testers. I would advise you to not pay them anything and bring them to court for their corruption.
I don't really agree with that

I believe they just cannot make good tests free of charge. It's not a trivial procedure.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek