Author Topic: Anti Virus companies are protecting Criminals - not anymore thanks to DACS!  (Read 129280 times)

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
Re: Anti Virus companies are protecting Criminals - not anymore thanks to DACS!
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2014, 04:37:11 PM »
There is no backdoor in any of our products for anyone!

What happens with DACS? why it was cancel if it was so great?

Now I'm aware of 3 projects that are going to use the same idea (first releases during the first month), using VirusTotal or their own cloud with av's. So at the end you leave behind a great idea and someone else is going to take it and make something better than what you have today.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2014, 06:27:27 PM »
What happens with DACS? why it was cancel if it was so great?

Now I'm aware of 3 projects that are going to use the same idea (first releases during the first month), using VirusTotal or their own cloud with av's. So at the end you leave behind a great idea and someone else is going to take it and make something better than what you have today.
A quote from Melih, almost three years ago, about DACS:
exactly right!

Valkyrie is just a baby girl.....she will mature....and when she does...she will be one powerful force...people do not appreciate the power of Valkyrie in detecting Zero Day malware which is MUCH more valuable than DACS and hence our decision to bring Valkyrie to you guys asap.

Melih
You can do the math here rather than flogging a horse that looks like it is dead.

Other than that this is an obvious flame. All other users are asked to disregard lordraiden's comment.

Offline Ya5h Kh4n

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2014, 06:49:08 PM »
I find Valkyrie better than DACS.
And Valkyrie is Comodo own technology thats what I like.

DACS though multiple scanners, still it is known detections.

Valkyrie is amazing in zeroday detections.
For known detection Comodo have signs, cloud & they are now at par with other good AVs.
;)Its hard to find the right ones when the wrong ones are so sexy;)

Offline lordraiden

• Computer Security Testing Group
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2014, 03:04:44 AM »
A quote from Melih, almost three years ago, about DACS: You can do the math here rather than flogging a horse that looks like it is dead.

I don't see Valkyrie much more alive than DACS, well yes it has a website, where you can upload files... and that all, there is no proof of how effective it is and I hasn't been integrated in CIS yet. That quote from Melih is from 2011 and the situation for Valkyrie is the same.

Other than that this is an obvious flame. All other users are asked to disregard lordraiden's comment.
The only flame here is your comment, I was simply doing a question that was never answered, yes you have VK now but is not a replacement for DACS a product that was ready 3 years ago, VK is still in development 3 years later.
Your behaviour is really embarrassing especially when you are a MOD, you should apologize for your comment for being so disrespectful.

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek