Author Topic: 3 million new users every month!!!!  (Read 16198 times)

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
Re: 3 million new users every month!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2013, 04:53:49 PM »
I have no idea how accurate this info would be. I for example, do a lot of test installations, so I could potentially count as quite a few users.  ;)
Exactly, if Comodo has found a way to accurately determine the users, I am very interested because I can't see a way of doing so. :)
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline Mrarnold.

• Comodo's Hero
  • R.I.P.Jay "padre" miner.Thank You For The Amiga.
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2013, 05:04:03 PM »
I dont think you can ever be 100% accurate with usage figures but just with downloads.But comodo does call home whether you allow cloud functions or not so some form of cloud tracking is in place.

Avast claim 180 million users although i dont think that figure is accurate by any means and is simply a selling tactic to make the product seem very popular when in fact the figures are probably based on email registrations.
Comodo Internet Security Premium 6.3,302093.2976.

Offline Sanya IV Litvyak

• Comodo's Hero
  • Lurking
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2013, 06:04:46 PM »
I dont think you can ever be 100% accurate with usage figures but just with downloads.But comodo does call home whether you allow cloud functions or not so some form of cloud tracking is in place.

Indeed, however I'd prefer a system that isn't optimistic, for example a system only based on people activating would be rather optimistic as if you install it twice then you'd count as two persons and hence we'd believe there are more users than there are. However if we change the question from "how many users" to "how many active installations" then it'd make more sense but it wouldn't take account for the people uninstalling, so here we could instead see how many clients are actively updating and from that we see a minimum amount of active installations with the only possibility for there to be more (clients on disconnected computers)

I don't know, my head hurts...

Avast claim 180 million users although i dont think that figure is accurate by any means and is simply a selling tactic to make the product seem very popular when in fact the figures are probably based on email registrations.

If CIS has 50 million users then I think 180 million isn't so unbelievable for Avast. When I see threads that wants recommendation for new security systems on other forums, the majority recommends Avast and then a tiny few recommend CIS, but perhaps that's just the situation in Sweden. *shrugs*
Either way from my experience the numbers don't seem so weird in comparison to the CIS numbers, however the accuracy of these can of course be debated.
I support privacy and freedom online - eff.org

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
  • Oxygen requires Chuck Norris to live
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2013, 08:47:28 PM »
I wonder how much people would join if version <5 (design) had got the new functions.

Let me calculate:
1 mio + 3 mio = 4 mio
:D

Also an important figure: How many people stay after joining?
If you have still ~50 mio while 3 million join each month.... Wasnt that number met by older versions allready?
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there has been no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.
Otherwise we would only be able to call a number and listen.
But there wasnt a phone...."

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2013, 10:08:24 PM »
I wonder how much people would join if version <5 (design) had got the new functions.

Let me calculate:
1 mio + 3 mio = 4 mio
:D

Also an important figure: How many people stay after joining?
If you have still ~50 mio while 3 million join each month.... Wasnt that number met by older versions allready?
I would say the numbers of new users would be lower, not higher. The older versions just looked too daunting to  many people and even the reviews used to recommend CIS only for more advanced users. That is no longer the case with v6. It can now be attractive to everyone.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2013, 11:42:01 PM »
The older versions just looked too daunting to  many people and even the reviews used to recommend CIS only for more advanced users. That is no longer the case with v6. It can now be attractive to everyone.
Everyone?

The new version "looks" daunting for some who used the old versions instead. What a paradox.

If a review recommends a normal program for advanced users they usually mean people who click buttons while knowing what they do. Comodo does more on its own now. Thats the change. There was no need to change a well organized single window tab interface, and replace it with rows of rows.
"If there is a problem, it`s something interesting. Try to circumvent or fix it.
In the old ages there has been no support. That`s why we got the brain we have today.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »
Everyone?

The new version "looks" daunting for some who used the old versions instead. What a paradox.
The main screen has a button in the upper left corner to change to a more advanced interface allowing one click access to advanced settings advanced users so often use.

If a review recommends a normal program for advanced users they usually mean people who click buttons while knowing what they do. Comodo does more on its own now. Thats the change.
Not a bad thing since it is Melih's  vision to provide free security for all.
There was no need to change a well organized single window tab interface, and replace it with rows of rows.
With the added advanced main section in the UI an important grieve from advanced users was taken away.

Offline EricJH

• Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »
Dch48 and clockwork. Please stop the off topic about the UI. There are numerous topics and posts about this in other topics where the both of have already have abundantly participated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:51:56 AM by EricJH »

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »
congrats COMODO

just wanted to say that everyone I know, at school, family "mind you it's a very large family "club, are using comodo or at least getting to know it ,

here's something cute, back acouple years ago a friend of mine who had a site wanted to upload something into the site via FTP, comdo found a virus, the guy thought that he was too sure the file was safe being presented to him by a company he trusts and hosts the site, against me warnings, he deleted comodo and uploaded the file , this file through my friend got up and running into 4 more sites that all got infected that all sites were shutdown from the host, he started again the forums , got his members back and they were all introduced to COMODO .

:)

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2013, 12:06:09 PM »
congrats COMODO

just wanted to say that everyone I know, at school, family "mind you it's a very large family "club, are using comodo or at least getting to know it ,

here's something cute, back acouple years ago a friend of mine who had a site wanted to upload something into the site via FTP, comdo found a virus, the guy thought that he was too sure the file was safe being presented to him by a company he trusts and hosts the site, against me warnings, he deleted comodo and uploaded the file , this file through my friend got up and running into 4 more sites that all got infected that all sites were shutdown from the host, he started again the forums , got his members back and they were all introduced to COMODO .

:)

Thank you for sharing security with friends and family!

Offline PeaceWave

• Comodo Loves me
  • NobleArab
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2013, 02:10:41 PM »
Thank you for sharing security with friends and family!

you are welcome

;)

and layoff the pep talk and throw in , let's say 50% of the total share of comodo sales Mr. CEO
 ;D

there's nothing to it Melih, it works simple as that  :-TU

Offline Dch48

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2013, 03:48:33 PM »
Dch48 and clockwork. Please stop the off topic about the UI. There are numerous topics and posts about this in other topics where the both of have already have abundantly participated.
Okay but I don't think it's off topic. The new UI , in my opinion, is what attracts many less advanced users who were scared off by the old one. Thus, we see the jump in the amount of new users.
AMD FX-6300 6 core CPU
Sapphire R9-270X GPU
Windows 8.1 64 bit, IE11 & Outlook 2007
Comodo Internet Security 7.0 full package, MBAM on Demand

Offline Melih

• CEO - Comodo
  • Administrator
  • Comodo's Hero
    • Video Blog
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2013, 04:32:28 PM »
Okay but I don't think it's off topic. The new UI , in my opinion, is what attracts many less advanced users who were scared off by the old one. Thus, we see the jump in the amount of new users.

exactly!

All the knowledgable people in the field do recommend Comodo, but novices were scared of all the buttons and dials they saw...now its simple..easy to use...while still allowing a sophisticated user to have fun playing around with the dials.

Offline MysteryLady

• Comodo Loves me
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2013, 04:39:06 PM »
exactly!

All the knowledgable people in the field do recommend Comodo, but novices were scared of all the buttons and dials they saw...now its simple..easy to use...while still allowing a sophisticated user to have fun playing around with the dials.
1. There are more buttons and dials than ever.
2. One should not play around witha security suite if yes then
3. it is FisherPrice
CIS 5.12 rocks - still going strong !
And remember folks: the newest version is not always the best !

Offline clockwork

• Comodo's Hero
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2013, 07:30:48 PM »
Reminds me on:
"If you are afraid of something that you see, just put your hands over your eyes. And you are safe."

If it was the interface that attracts people, make a simple test: Disable the automatism and look what happens. Test it yourself. Force yourself to use the interface. Or the people around you. Let them use the interface.
You will notice that the people that you have in mind will ask for automatism. Not for the interface to be fragmented behind the "hand".

Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek