Author Topic: Maousec Security Conclusions!  (Read 10071 times)

Offline kail

• Randomly Appearing
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The future is much like the present, only longer.
    • COMODO's free software!
Re: Maousec Security Conclusions!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
Personally, I think it was fairly clear by the tone & flavour of the review that they were caught out by CPF 2.3 & that they hadn't anticipated that it would do so well against the previous number 1. They appeared to want to shoot down their own results & stressed the reason why CPF did so well in comparison with ZAP (although, as it turns out, the reason was not valid anyway). I also just couldn't help but notice that they had not really done the same thing to ZAP when it was reviewed at number 1. But, it didn't really upset me in anyway, I just ignored that element of it & was secretly glad that I hadn't been involved in publishing the phrase "Anti-Leak Protection".. which CPF apparently has. ;D

Of course, this might explain someones current signature though, if CPF did indeed have a way to stop Leak Protection. ;)
My System Details: W10Px64 with CIS 10 Beta, Firefox & Becky!
Forum Policy.
____
The problem is not the problems, the problem is people's attitude towards those problems.

Offline Little Mac

• Forum Volunteer
  • Global Moderator
  • Comodo's Hero
  • The Colonel told me to.
Re: Maousec Security Conclusions!
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 12:15:15 PM »

So what they should have said: "If you want a powerful firewall and have the maximum control on the network traffic, you can use CPF. If you want an antimalware solution, complement CPF with a hips or AV."

I agree wholeheartedly; it would be far more accurate and honest to put it that way.  I should have realized that Matousec was referring to that aspect of security, but I still think that it's a contradiction (at least with their present wording).  And yes, I realize that people want an all-in-one solution.  Having used all-in-one applications, I prefer separate (as long as the separate ones are compatible with each other).

LM
These forums are focused on providing help and improvement for Comodo products.  Please treat other users with respect and make a positive contribution.  Thanks.
Forum Policy

Free Endpoint Protection
Seo4Smf 2.0 © SmfMod.Com Smf Destek